IndiaDivine.org

[Vaideekam] Request to reguest

Rate this topic

Guest guest

RESPECTED SIR,

AS A PERSON ENDOWED WITH DEEP KNOWLEDGE,ASSOCIATED WITH MANY BHAGAVATH & BHAGAVATHA KAINKARYAMS,POOJYA SRI SADAGOPAN'S BECOMING THE MODERATOR OF OUR GROUP WOULD BENEFIT THE MEMBERS IMMENSELY.

ADIYEN RAJAGOPALA DASAN.nvs <nvs wrote:

Dear Members of Vaideekam,

I am Vasu Vadhyar, as said in the previous mail, I am giving the details about Shri. V. Sadagopan swami.

So I request all members to send him a request to take the Moderator Incharge of our group also.

Vasu Vadhyar

NamO VenkatEsAya

Dear SrI VaishNavAs and VaishNava AbhimAnis:

May 18, 1994 is a historic date for the overseas SrI VaishNava community. A small group of five headed by SrI Mani Varadarajan of California started on this day, the Bhakthi List, aimed as a sathsangam for aspiring and practicing SrI VaishNavas to learn from each other. How it grew and changed the lives of Sri VaishNavAs around the globe including those in India is a legend by now. The archives of Bhakthi List are a treasure trove to browse and to access material for research. The Bhakthi list will always shine as a pioneering lamp on the top of the hill; it has inspired the lighting of other lamps (Swamy Desika Darsana Sathsangam, SaraNAgathy Journal, Malolan List, Srivaishnava List, Sri Ranga Sri List, SaraNAgathy List, Oppiliappan List, Raama Bhakthi List and Asia Sri List) serving their constituencies with vigor today.

On June 19, 1995 I was invited by SrIman Krishna Kalale, one of the five founders of Bhakthi List to join the Bhakthi Sathsangam; as I look back, I can not but acknowledge with gratitude the inspiration that Bhakti list has given me during the last decade and gave additional purpose to my life as a Sri VaishNava and have sambhandham with like minded SrI Vaishnavas all over the world.

As I started contributing articles for the Bhakthi list over the past decade, I lost track of the many postings that ranged from AchArya SrI Sookthis to Dhivya Prabhandhams to Srimad RaamAyaNam to the krithis of Sangitha Medhais, Ahnikam and many other topics. A Google search of Bhakthi archives today showed up 8,250 hits relating to those postings and related discussions.

For a long time, I wanted to access number of these postings for cross checking while preparing new articles. Not being an expert in organizing Data Bases, I did not progress much. I did not have a consistent picture of what I had posted in the lists over these years.

Last year due to the blessings of ThiruviNNagarappan (Lord Oppiliappan), our Kula dhaivam, a young BhakthA from Hyderabad introduced himself and expressed his wish to "organize" these postings of mine scattered across many lists and web pages. He considered these postings are a treasure trove for all the VaishNava AbhimAnis and would like to provide an organizational infra-structure to them for ready access across the topics.

This young SrI VaishNava is SrI Anil. He is pursuing now his Doctoral studies in Biochemical Sciences at an Australian University. In between the many demands of his Doctoral studies, he has devoted many, many hours to organize the content of what he has lovingly named as "sadagopan.org" to house by topics the long list of postings of mine over the last eight years in the Internet Lists and Journals. My most sincere thanks are to this young devotee, who is the disciple of Thirumala Peddha Jeeyar, who performs SaaRRumuRai to Lord VenkatEsa every day. I am deeply grateful to SrI Anil for his extraordinary initiative, thoughtfulness and persistence.

Personally, I have been blessed with many good fortunes such as being born in a dhivya dEsam like Oppiliappan Koil, having loving parents who sacrificed every thing to encourage me to earn six degrees from the best of Universities in the World including the Doctor's degree from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, pursuing a Scientific and Management career at IBM Research Division for 26 years. The best of all these blessings is the SoubhAgayam of initiation in to SrIvaishNava assembly with SamAsrayaNam from HH the 43rd Jeeyar of Ahobila Matam, SrI Veeraraghava YathIndhra MahA Desikan of DevanAr ViLAgam and being blessed with the supreme soubhAgyam of BharanyAsam from HH the 45th Jeeyar of AhObila Matam, SrI NaarAyaNa YathIndhra MahA Desikan. Links to the "Periya Periya PerumAL", SrI MalOlan of Ahobilam through AchArya sambhandham is the greatest of all gifts that adiyEn is proud to proclaim. I have nothing else to aspire for in this

world.

With these personal recollections, I present the labor of love of Sri Anil, the young devotee from Hyderabad aimed at organizing the scattered postings of mine under one umbrella: "sadagopan.org" on this special day of SrI Vaikunta EkAdasi of SvabhAnu Samvathsaram.

Many of you have asked for help in the past regarding the acquisition of books, audio tapes, Multimedia CD ROMs and other educational materials relating to the advancement of your knowledge’s about our ancient Sanaatana Darsanam of VisishtAdhvaitham and the daily observances required for a SrI VaishNavan. Some of you have asked for specifics on acquiring Vigrahams for personal worship and pooja materials.

Sarva SrI Anil, Dr. M.A.Alwar of Melkote from a prominent AchArya vamsam and myself are setting up an e-commerce site as an annex to "sadagopan.org” to help SrI VaishNavaas all over the world to gain access to authentic Educational materials and other related offerings. This e-commerce site is different in the sense the net proceeds from the operation of this site would be steered towards the support of ongoing Kaimkaryams such as (1) Thiruvaheendhrapuram RathnAngi Kaimkaryam (2) NithyArAdhanam support projects like those at Thuppul / ThirutthaNgA and other dhivya dEsams (3) Publication expenses support for SrI VaishNava SrI Sookthis (4) Creation of CD ROMs on SrI VenaktEsa AshtOttharam and Sahasra Naamams used daily at Lord VenkatEsA's sannidhi at Thirumala (5) Support of projects initiated by our revered AchAryAs for lOka kshEmam .

Three BhakthAs from Michigan, California and Bangalore are incredible sources of support in constructing the Web pages, creating the CD ROMs and providing counsel on the appropriate Technology to be used. They are:

1) Sarva SrI Srinivasan Sriram with family sambhandhams to the three Dhivya dEsams of Thiruvaheendhrapuram, ThiruveLLUr and ThirukkunRungudi. His father has Muthal Theerttham privileges at the ThiruveLLUr dhivya dEsam served by SrI Matam. SrIman SrIram is managing the noble task of creating and expanding "Sripedia" for archiving the SrI Kosams of our AchAryAs and AzhwArs (Text, Image and audio files). The ibiblio/Sripedia project is part of the National Library of Congress project and will be most valuable for future generations to access the treasures of our VaishNavite Culture and Darsanam as a part of the National archives. Sripedia site houses both the Oppiliappan and Sri Ranga Sri archives now. The plans to add recitations on the VedAs, Dhivya Prabhandhams, AchArya KaalakshEpams and images (Photo Images and videos) .The URL for this growing site maintained by SrIman SrIram is: http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia/

2) Sarva Sri PoundarIkapuram Sampath Sudarshan who has helped to create the Malolan list to archive Aholbila Matam related SrI Sookthis, Audio Tapes and videos. Right now the commentaries on the 61 slOkams of Swamy ParAsara Bhattar's SrI GuNa Rathna Kosam are housed there. SrI Sudarshan is my cousin's son and belongs to the Tattai VaathUla Gothra Bruhaspathi Kulam of Poundareekapuram that includes my father, Vaikunta Vaasi Poundarikapuram SrI VaradAchAr Swamy and SrI Sudarshan's grandfather, Vaikunta Vaasi PoundarIkapuram SrI KrishNamAcchAr Swamy. Their ancestors were Bruhaspathis to HH PoundarIkapuram Andavan, who established the PoundarIkapuram Andavan AchArya Paramparai at SrIrangam .Hopefully, the entire issues of SrI Nrusimha PriyA from 1942- now will be housed there soon. As You all know, SrI Nrusimha Priya was founded in 1945 by HH The 42nd Jeeyar of Ahobila Mutt, the most revered SrImath InjimEdu Azhagiya Singar. The URL for the MalOlan

web site maintained by SrI Sudarshan is: http://www.malolan.org

3) Sarva SrI Lakshminarasimhan Sridhar of Bangalore. He belongs to the Ahobila Matam as a sishyan and that his ancestor was a prominent Jeeyar of SrIrangam PeriyANdavan Aasramam. He has created the site of Sathyagalam, a village on the banks of Sacred Cauvery river, where Swamy Desikan resided for an extended period of time during the Muslim invasion of Srirangam. HH Sri ParakAla Matam Jeeyar and HH Sri Ranga PriyA Swamy of AshtAnga Yoga Aaasramam of Bangalore are involved with Kaimakryams at Sathyagalam Temple. The web site for sathyagalam created at the niyamanam of these two revered AchAryAs is: www.sathyagalam.com

SrI Sridhar is busy now creating the web site for the avathAra Sthalam of Swamy Desikan, ThUppul/ThirutthaNgA dhivya dEsam in the context of the maintenance of NithyArAdhanams there.

The other URL of relevance to the new site of "sadagopan.org" is:

4) Lord Oppiliappan website created by Sarva SrI ShrEyas Saarangan, Thiruvadi of Srirangam PeriyANDavan, HH Sri SrirangarAmAnuja MahA Desikan. http://www.oppiliappan.org

Last but not least, my reverential salutations to my elder sister, Kaimakrya SrI Padma VeerarAghavan of West Mambaklam, Chennai for her leadership in many Kaimkaryams at Oppiliappan KOil (RathnAngi, Mutthangi samarpaNams, MaaNikka Kondai samarpaNam for BhUmi DEvi ThAyAr), Noothana AabharaNa samarpaNams at SrI VIlliputthUr Andal sannidhi and teaching to hundreds of SrI VaishNavite ladies GodhA Sthuthi, AzhwAr SrI Sookthis set to tune in apoorva Raagams and composing more than 200 krithis on our Kula Dhaivam, ThiruviNNagarappan and setting some of them in the 72 MeLa Raagams.

SrImath Azhagiya Singar ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam ,Daasan , Oppiliappan KOil VaradAchAri SadagOpan

India Matrimony: Find your partner online.Go to http://.shaadi.com

Sri:

Dear Respected AasthikAs of Vaidheekam Group :

I am really moved by Sriman Vasu VadhyAr's suggestion that I become

the Moderator of the extremely valuable Group that is being moderated by him

so effectively and with scholarship based on his years of experience .

His web site is a treasure (ahobilam.com ); the pains taken by him over the past 10 years

to answer questions , provide information and grow the group has few matches .

Hence , I appeal to him to continue with the responsibilities of Moderation of

this important group. I am sitting in a far away place ( New York ) and am in no way

qualified to answer the intense and sincere questions that need clarifications

by some one like Sriman Vasu VaadhyAr in consultaion with the network of

scholars in India . I moderated a few postings this morning out of necessity

since I did not know about this honor and the change was already made .

I will be reverting the onerous responsibilities to Sri Vasu VadhyAr as of now.

I will help him in every way with modern digital tools to record and preserve

the postings , archives and creation of educational materials on Vaidheekam .

The Moderation and central responsibility for Vaidheekam group has to be with

Sriman NVS Swamy at Chennai . I will spend some time with him during my

planned visit to Chennai this october and develop a plan of action to help him

and help ourselves thru him .

Meanwhile , Sriman NVS Swamy , Please resume your role as the Moderator of

this important group that helps anushtAnams .

I will make available the DVD recordings that I have completed for

SandhyA Vandhanam for Yakur , Rg and Saama Veda adhyAyees .

By October , adiyEn hopes to complete the DVD recording on UpAkarmAs

for the three Veda adhyAyees at Chennai and release it during the visit

with the anugraha BhAshaNam of Srimath Azhagiya Singar .

adiyEn's sponsorship of a day long seminar on SamskArAs with the participation of

the most leadign authorities in Sroutha SmArtha kaimkaryams ( 5 DVD discs ) have

been completed and awaiting release by West Mambalam Sanskrit Kendhram .

They are also bringing out an expanded version in the form of a Book , where

leading experts have contributed articles . Hopefully that book will be released

this year .

In summary , I will help in every way I can without being a Moderator of

this most important group. After adiyEn's meeting with Sriman NVS Swamy ,

we can develop a plan of action to strengthen his hands with additional help

from members of this group and others who can add value .

NamO NaarAyaNAya ,

Daasan , V.Sadagopan

-

Rajagopalan Ramanujachari

vaideekam

Monday, September 05, 2005 9:51 AM

Re: [Vaideekam] Request to reguest

RESPECTED SIR,

AS A PERSON ENDOWED WITH DEEP KNOWLEDGE,ASSOCIATED WITH MANY BHAGAVATH & BHAGAVATHA KAINKARYAMS,POOJYA SRI SADAGOPAN'S BECOMING THE MODERATOR OF OUR GROUP WOULD BENEFIT THE MEMBERS IMMENSELY.

ADIYEN RAJAGOPALA DASAN.nvs <nvs wrote:

Dear Members of Vaideekam,

I am Vasu Vadhyar, as said in the previous mail, I am giving the details about Shri. V. Sadagopan swami.

So I request all members to send him a request to take the Moderator Incharge of our group also.

Vasu Vadhyar

Dear swamin

Srikainkarya will be thankful to Sri

Hayagreevan if Sriman Sadagopa Swami of Oppiliappan

Sannithi becomes moderator as stated by SRi Vasu

Vathyar and other asthikas

Dasan

Srikainkarya

Soundararajan

--- Rajagopalan Ramanujachari <rrajarraja

wrote:

> RESPECTED SIR,

> AS A PERSON ENDOWED WITH DEEP KNOWLEDGE,ASSOCIATED

> WITH MANY BHAGAVATH & BHAGAVATHA KAINKARYAMS,POOJYA

> SRI SADAGOPAN'S BECOMING THE MODERATOR OF OUR GROUP

> WOULD BENEFIT THE MEMBERS IMMENSELY.

> ADIYEN RAJAGOPALA DASAN.

>

> nvs <nvs wrote:

>

> Dear Members of Vaideekam,

>

> I am Vasu Vadhyar, as said in the previous mail, I

> am giving the details about Shri. V. Sadagopan

> swami.

>

> So I request all members to send him a request to

> take the Moderator Incharge of our group also.

>

> Vasu Vadhyar

>

>

>

>

>

> NamO VenkatEsAya

>

> Dear SrI VaishNavAs and VaishNava AbhimAnis:

>

> May 18, 1994 is a historic date for the overseas SrI

> VaishNava community. A small group of five headed by

> SrI Mani Varadarajan of California started on this

> day, the Bhakthi List, aimed as a sathsangam for

> aspiring and practicing SrI VaishNavas to learn from

> each other. How it grew and changed the lives of Sri

> VaishNavAs around the globe including those in India

> is a legend by now. The archives of Bhakthi List are

> a treasure trove to browse and to access material

> for research. The Bhakthi list will always shine as

> a pioneering lamp on the top of the hill; it has

> inspired the lighting of other lamps (Swamy Desika

> Darsana Sathsangam, SaraNAgathy Journal, Malolan

> List, Srivaishnava List, Sri Ranga Sri List,

> SaraNAgathy List, Oppiliappan List, Raama Bhakthi

> List and Asia Sri List) serving their constituencies

> with vigor today.

>

> On June 19, 1995 I was invited by SrIman Krishna

> Kalale, one of the five founders of Bhakthi List to

> join the Bhakthi Sathsangam; as I look back, I can

> not but acknowledge with gratitude the inspiration

> that Bhakti list has given me during the last decade

> and gave additional purpose to my life as a Sri

> VaishNava and have sambhandham with like minded SrI

> Vaishnavas all over the world.

>

> As I started contributing articles for the Bhakthi

> list over the past decade, I lost track of the many

> postings that ranged from AchArya SrI Sookthis to

> Dhivya Prabhandhams to Srimad RaamAyaNam to the

> krithis of Sangitha Medhais, Ahnikam and many other

> topics. A Google search of Bhakthi archives today

> showed up 8,250 hits relating to those postings and

> related discussions.

>

> For a long time, I wanted to access number of these

> postings for cross checking while preparing new

> articles. Not being an expert in organizing Data

> Bases, I did not progress much. I did not have a

> consistent picture of what I had posted in the lists

> over these years.

>

> Last year due to the blessings of ThiruviNNagarappan

> (Lord Oppiliappan), our Kula dhaivam, a young

> BhakthA from Hyderabad introduced himself and

> expressed his wish to " organize " these postings of

> mine scattered across many lists and web pages. He

> considered these postings are a treasure trove for

> all the VaishNava AbhimAnis and would like to

> provide an organizational infra-structure to them

> for ready access across the topics.

>

> This young SrI VaishNava is SrI Anil. He is pursuing

> now his Doctoral studies in Biochemical Sciences at

> an Australian University. In between the many

> demands of his Doctoral studies, he has devoted

> many, many hours to organize the content of what he

> has lovingly named as " sadagopan.org " to house by

> topics the long list of postings of mine over the

> last eight years in the Internet Lists and Journals.

> My most sincere thanks are to this young devotee,

> who is the disciple of Thirumala Peddha Jeeyar, who

> performs SaaRRumuRai to Lord VenkatEsa every day. I

> am deeply grateful to SrI Anil for his extraordinary

> initiative, thoughtfulness and persistence.

>

> Personally, I have been blessed with many good

> fortunes such as being born in a dhivya dEsam like

> Oppiliappan Koil, having loving parents who

> sacrificed every thing to encourage me to earn six

> degrees from the best of Universities in the World

> including the Doctor's degree from the Massachusetts

> Institute of Technology, pursuing a Scientific and

> Management career at IBM Research Division for 26

> years. The best of all these blessings is the

> SoubhAgayam of initiation in to SrIvaishNava

> assembly with SamAsrayaNam from HH the 43rd Jeeyar

> of Ahobila Matam, SrI Veeraraghava YathIndhra MahA

> Desikan of DevanAr ViLAgam and being blessed with

> the supreme soubhAgyam of BharanyAsam from HH the

> 45th Jeeyar of AhObila Matam, SrI NaarAyaNa

> YathIndhra MahA Desikan. Links to the " Periya Periya

> PerumAL " , SrI MalOlan of Ahobilam through AchArya

> sambhandham is the greatest of all gifts that adiyEn

> is proud to proclaim. I have nothing else to aspire

> for in this world.

>

> With these personal recollections, I present the

> labor of love of Sri Anil, the young devotee from

> Hyderabad aimed at organizing the scattered postings

> of mine under one umbrella: " sadagopan.org " on this

> special day of SrI Vaikunta EkAdasi of SvabhAnu

> Samvathsaram.

>

> Many of you have asked for help in the past

> regarding the acquisition of books, audio tapes,

> Multimedia CD ROMs and other educational materials

> relating to the advancement of your knowledge’s

> about our ancient Sanaatana Darsanam of

> VisishtAdhvaitham and the daily observances required

> for a SrI VaishNavan. Some of you have asked for

> specifics on acquiring Vigrahams for personal

> worship and pooja materials.

>

> Sarva SrI Anil, Dr. M.A.Alwar of Melkote from a

> prominent AchArya vamsam and myself are setting up

> an e-commerce site as an annex to " sadagopan.org” to

> help SrI VaishNavaas all over the world to gain

> access to authentic Educational materials and other

> related offerings. This e-commerce site is different

> in the sense the net proceeds from the operation of

> this site would be steered towards the support of

> ongoing Kaimkaryams such as (1) Thiruvaheendhrapuram

> RathnAngi Kaimkaryam (2) NithyArAdhanam support

> projects like those at Thuppul / ThirutthaNgA and

> other dhivya dEsams (3) Publication expenses support

> for SrI VaishNava SrI Sookthis (4) Creation of CD

> ROMs on SrI VenaktEsa AshtOttharam and Sahasra

> Naamams used daily at Lord VenkatEsA's sannidhi at

> Thirumala (5) Support of projects initiated by our

> revered AchAryAs for lOka kshEmam .

>

> Three BhakthAs from Michigan, California and

> Bangalore are incredible sources of support in

> constructing the Web pages, creating the CD ROMs and

> providing counsel on the appropriate Technology to

> be used. They are:

>

> 1) Sarva SrI Srinivasan Sriram with family

> sambhandhams to the three Dhivya dEsams of

> Thiruvaheendhrapuram, ThiruveLLUr and

> ThirukkunRungudi. His father has Muthal Theerttham

> privileges at the ThiruveLLUr dhivya dEsam served by

> SrI Matam. SrIman SrIram is managing the noble task

> of creating and expanding " Sripedia " for archiving

> the SrI Kosams of our AchAryAs and AzhwArs (Text,

> Image and audio files). The ibiblio/Sripedia project

> is part of the National Library of Congress project

> and will be most valuable for future generations to

> access the treasures of our VaishNavite Culture and

> Darsanam as a part of the National archives.

> Sripedia site houses both the Oppiliappan and Sri

> Ranga Sri archives now. The plans to add recitations

> on the VedAs, Dhivya Prabhandhams, AchArya

> KaalakshEpams and images (Photo Images and videos)

> .The URL for this growing site maintained by SrIman

> SrIram is: http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia/

>

> 2) Sarva Sri PoundarIkapuram Sampath Sudarshan who

> has helped to create the Malolan list to archive

> Aholbila Matam related SrI Sookthis, Audio Tapes and

> videos. Right now the commentaries on the 61 slOkams

> of Swamy ParAsara Bhattar's SrI GuNa Rathna Kosam

> are housed there. SrI Sudarshan is my cousin's son

> and belongs to the Tattai VaathUla Gothra

> Bruhaspathi Kulam of Poundareekapuram that includes

> my father, Vaikunta Vaasi Poundarikapuram SrI

> VaradAchAr Swamy and SrI Sudarshan's grandfather,

> Vaikunta Vaasi PoundarIkapuram SrI KrishNamAcchAr

> Swamy. Their ancestors were Bruhaspathis to HH

> PoundarIkapuram Andavan, who established the

> PoundarIkapuram Andavan AchArya Paramparai at

> SrIrangam .Hopefully, the entire issues of SrI

> Nrusimha PriyA from 1942- now will be housed there

> soon. As You all know, SrI Nrusimha Priya was

> founded in 1945 by HH The 42nd Jeeyar of Ahobila

> Mutt, the most revered SrImath InjimEdu Azhagiya

> Singar. The URL for the MalOlan web site maintained

> by SrI Sudarshan

> is: http://www.malolan.org

>

> 3) Sarva SrI Lakshminarasimhan Sridhar of Bangalore.

> He

=== message truncated ===