IndiaDivine.org

[Vaideekam] Reminder - 'Onam Pandigai'

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krisha,

Onam is grand festival of plenty,and richness in the tiny gods own country state of Kerala.Its stated that King Mahabali ruled the country with glory and fame.No one can see famine,untruth, anywhere.All were alike in all respect,in thier thoughts deeds and words.People led a contented life in all respects,though the king belonged to the Asura clan.The Lord was also pleased and Lord wanted Bali chakravarthys service in the Vaikunta as well wanted to give liberation to the King.The Lord in the rupa of Vamana, a short Brahmin boy,appeared before the King and asked to offer three footprints of land,to such a Darmistan King lost no time to say Ok to the boy to take 3 footsteps of land.But the ShukraAcharya who was standing by the side of the King cautioned the King,who could read that it was the Lord in disquise of a poor boy.The boy's size grew into gigantic when started to measure the footprints,that there was no place left to place the 3rd

step,when the king Bali showing his forehead asked to place the 3rd step.The Lord was satisfied with the Kings offer and wanted what boon he required.The King said he has reached to all levels such that his masses lead a very life of plenty and richness,and he doesn't want anything but to see the Lord's Darshana everday like this.Then Lord took him to Vaikunta Loka and the King is offered the job of a Security Guard in the entrance,so that he could see the Lord everday when coming in and out of the Vaikuntam.In the Next Manus time the Bali chakravarthy is offered to place him in the position of the Indra by the Lord.Again in return the King requested the Lord to visit his masses /prajas at least once in every year ,which is said to fall on the Thiru Onam day of Chinga masam.To receive the king,people wear new clothes,make 30/40 dishes,2/3 puddings,sing and get together,and everyhouse frontyard will be

placed the Onathappan made of clay symbolically,covered with Thumba plants heads.The Iyers settled in Kerala also celebrate it.

My question now :- its stated that land of Kerala is made by Parasurama by throwing His Axe and the sea gave way.Parasurama Avatharam is after VamanaAvatharam- am I right,then how can Bali rule a land immersed in water with no living people,can any body enlighten me ???. Hare Krisha.

raman. Greg Jay <gregjay wrote:

AdiyenPlease tell us about Onam Pandigai.Keshava

Dear Sir,

I believe u have the reply ready with you and I request you to share it with the other members.

Regards

Bharat.raman subramanian <rahul_remya wrote:

Hare Krisha,

Onam is grand festival of plenty,and richness in the tiny gods own country state of Kerala.Its stated that King Mahabali ruled the country with glory and fame.No one can see famine,untruth, anywhere.All were alike in all respect,in thier thoughts deeds and words.People led a contented life in all respects,though the king belonged to the Asura clan.The Lord was also pleased and Lord wanted Bali chakravarthys service in the Vaikunta as well wanted to give liberation to the King.The Lord in the rupa of Vamana, a short Brahmin boy,appeared before the King and asked to offer three footprints of land,to such a Darmistan King lost no time to say Ok to the boy to take 3 footsteps of land.But the ShukraAcharya who was standing by the side of the King cautioned the King,who could read that it was the Lord in disquise of a poor boy.The boy's size grew into gigantic when started to measure the footprints,that there was no place left to place the 3rd

step,when the king Bali showing his forehead asked to place the 3rd step.The Lord was satisfied with the Kings offer and wanted what boon he required.The King said he has reached to all levels such that his masses lead a very life of plenty and richness,and he doesn't want anything but to see the Lord's Darshana everday like this.Then Lord took him to Vaikunta Loka and the King is offered the job of a Security Guard in the entrance,so that he could see the Lord everday when coming in and out of the Vaikuntam.In the Next Manus time the Bali chakravarthy is offered to place him in the position of the Indra by the Lord.Again in return the King requested the Lord to visit his masses /prajas at least once in every year ,which is said to fall on the Thiru Onam day of Chinga masam.To receive the king,people wear new clothes,make 30/40 dishes,2/3 puddings,sing and get together,and everyhouse frontyard will be

placed the Onathappan made of clay symbolically,covered with Thumba plants heads.The Iyers settled in Kerala also celebrate it.

My question now :- its stated that land of Kerala is made by Parasurama by throwing His Axe and the sea gave way.Parasurama Avatharam is after VamanaAvatharam- am I right,then how can Bali rule a land immersed in water with no living people,can any body enlighten me ???. Hare Krisha.

raman. Greg Jay <gregjay wrote:

AdiyenPlease tell us about Onam Pandigai.Keshava