IndiaDivine.org

Srikainkarya

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Swamins

I like to share this subject with you, the respectable elite of various groups

1. Sastras-------The sastras are works of religious authority and include four different kinds of them known by the names given below

2.sruti----------sruti is revelation and is made upof the Vedas and Upanishads

3. Smriti--------This embodies tradition and the sacred laws(i.e.Srimath Bhagavath Gita)

4.Itihasa--------deals with ancient history(i.e. Srimath Ramayana & Mahabaratha)

5. Purana--------Semi-historical works containing also myths and legends which areintended to illustrate important principles of religion and conduct This treats five topics as follows

1.primordial creation or evolution

2.primordial creation of form - possessing conscious and unconscious bodies

3. genealogy of the Gods

4.period of time known as manvantaras

5. history of dynasties of kings 6.Mantra--------This is interpreted to mean a sacred formula and its thought which protect the thinker thereof from all danger.It is properly a hymn or prayer addressed to a deity and is supposed to possess mystic and supernatural powers

7.Sakthis------These are three

1. Vishnu sakthi-the power of Bagvan Vishnu, the highest

2.Kshetrajna sakthi-the power of individual self, because in that condition , it is the knower of the kshetra i.e. the material body, withwhich it is associated

3.Avidya or Karma(ignorance) l 16 Kalas -----

1 .Prana---vital air 2.FAith--belief in the reality of God(Sraddha) 3.Ether 4. air 5. light 6. water 7.earth

8.mind 9.The ten Indriyas 10. food 11.strength( of body and the Senses) 12.Austerities and penance(tapas) 13.The sacred hymns or Manthras 14.Works(sacrificial and other) 15.Svarga and other such results of

works 16. Names of svarga, et

9.Pratyahara-- This means the withdrawal of the senses from the external objects

10.Dharana---means steady concentration of the mind on a particular object I bow to Sri Hayagreeva who is existent in the form of Trinity , in the form of Prakriti(nature) Time, kshetrajna, the aggregate creation and the individual created beings, who is eternally pure and forms the Highest self, who has uniformly homogeneous nature and is the conqueror or in other words, the possessor of all

Have you d for the construction of Mahamandapto Sri Hayagreevan at Oushatadri, Thiruvaheendrapuram. If not please now and have the anugraha of Swami Desikan and Sri Hayagreevan.

Pl come to Thiruvaheendrapuram on 12-10-05 in the early morning , accompany Swami Desikan & Yoga Hayagreevan to the Hills, have darshan, get Theertham, Sri satari, prasadam etc and also accompany Swami Desikan to various Sannithis during Mangalasasanam and have paripoorana anugraha

(To be contd)

DasanSrikainkaryaSoundararajan