IndiaDivine.org

[Vaideekam] Digest Number 300

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Mama,

I read your answer on preservation of sampradayam and agree with you very much. We should follow what have been taught to us by our elders and ancestors in the family and by our acharyas and vadhyars from time to time without probing too much into them or reading through the lines or comparing them with what others are doing. I agree there is no short cut and if we want to preserve traditions, acharams and vaideeka karyams, we should take them as a challenge in these hard days and go about it the best way possible rather than trying to get them diluted under the excuse of 'modern times', etc. I had thought about all these for some time now and according to me, let us not worry what others do or say. Let us do and say things which we know, have learnt from our forefathers and acharyas and vadhyars and believe in them totally without raising unnecessary arguments. Let us not go on a macro basis to reform the society as unless, we reform ourselves

individually and collectively as a family, and develop a will to follow the vaideekam procedures and anushtanams being taught to us by learned people like you, Mr. Sadagopan, and others.

Regards,

Padmanabhan

T V Padmanabhan Advocate A-20 Arcot Terrace 160 Arcot Road, Vadapalani Chennai 600 026, India

Tel: 91-44-23650911; 98400 52787

for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.