IndiaDivine.org

[Vaideekam] Talks on Hindu Culture/Vegetarianism and Life Sciences

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Sir, If arranged, please keep me informed of the schedule. I am residing at Valasaravakkam.Yours sincerely,V.Seshadriravi_iyengar <ravi_iyengar wrote: Namaskarams to NVS swami, Moderator/s, all acharyas and members of this wonderful group. Adiyen, Srinivasan (alias) Ravi, would like to give small lectures on the above subjects in and around Chennai, especially to the youths. I do not know whether this is the right forum to further my thoughts, but if not, I

request the moderator to excuse me. I am pained to see majority of our people, not knowing the greatness of our culture, thereby necessitating me to approach them in a different manner. Looking forward for your support in this regard, and will keep you all posted on my next lecture, date and venue. Adiyen Srinivasan

Find out what India is talking about on - Answers India Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Messenger Version 8. Get it NOW

Sashtanga Namaskarams at Swamien Tirupaadam.

After closely watching various topics dealt with and equally concerned on passing on our rich culture to next generation, I have a suggestion to make.

Can the Swamiji with a team of assistants organise a Three Days Workshop at Chennai (to start with) on hands-on training of Nithyakarmas, Thiruvaradhanam, Udaka Shanti, Tarpana Vidhis, etc ? The Residential Training involves "tri-kalams" and should provide basic needs for food and residence. Age no bar but open to only Sri Vaishnavites. I know it can be quite costly and I am ready to bear a portion of cost of such a camp and also offer to render volunteer service. The camp can have only a token fee collected from aspirants. Once we make this a success and its success will herald further camps in various other cities too.

Please consider the suggestion and let me have the views of other members.

Best regards

B.K.Srinivasa Ragavan

bks_rag

-

ravi_iyengar

vaideekam

Monday, September 25, 2006 6:48 PM

[Vaideekam] Talks on Hindu Culture/Vegetarianism and Life Sciences

Namaskarams to NVS swami, Moderator/s, all acharyas and members of this wonderful group.Adiyen, Srinivasan (alias) Ravi, would like to give small lectures on the above subjects in and around Chennai, especially to the youths.I do not know whether this is the right forum to further my thoughts, but if not, I request the moderator to excuse me.I am pained to see majority of our people, not knowing the greatness of our culture, thereby necessitating me to approach them in a different manner.Looking forward for your support in this regard, and will keep you all posted on my next lecture, date and venue.AdiyenSrinivasan

Yes. In my personal opinion, I thing you can share

your knowledge, so that our youth can know the value

of culture.

Ravi

--- ravi_iyengar <ravi_iyengar wrote:

> Namaskarams to NVS swami, Moderator/s, all acharyas

> and members of

> this wonderful group.

>

> Adiyen, Srinivasan (alias) Ravi, would like to give

> small lectures on

> the above subjects in and around Chennai, especially

> to the youths.

>

> I do not know whether this is the right forum to

> further my thoughts,

> but if not, I request the moderator to excuse me.

>

> I am pained to see majority of our people, not

> knowing the greatness

> of our culture, thereby necessitating me to approach

> them in a

> different manner.

>

> Looking forward for your support in this regard, and

> will keep you all

> posted on my next lecture, date and venue.

>

> Adiyen

>

> Srinivasan

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

________

India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new

http://in.answers./

Dear Sir, I whlole-heartedly welcome the valuable Suggestion of SRI BKS. the best time to hold Meeting/SEMINAr is firstweek of DEC as oct will be Deepavalli month and NOV rains in chennai. the venue should be CHENNAI. CHELLAPPAbks <bks wrote: Sashtanga Namaskarams at Swamien Tirupaadam. After closely watching various topics dealt with and

equally concerned on passing on our rich culture to next generation, I have a suggestion to make. Can the Swamiji with a team of assistants organise a Three Days Workshop at Chennai (to start with) on hands-on training of Nithyakarmas, Thiruvaradhanam, Udaka Shanti, Tarpana Vidhis, etc ? The Residential Training involves "tri-kalams" and should provide basic needs for food and residence. Age no bar but open to only Sri Vaishnavites. I know it can be quite costly and I am ready to bear a portion of cost of such a camp and also offer to render volunteer service. The camp can have only a token fee collected from aspirants. Once we make this a success and its success will herald further camps in various other cities too. Please consider the suggestion and let me have the views of other members. Best

regards B.K.Srinivasa Ragavan bks_rag (AT) (DOT) co.in - ravi_iyengar vaideekam Monday, September 25, 2006 6:48 PM [Vaideekam] Talks on Hindu Culture/Vegetarianism and Life Sciences Namaskarams to NVS swami, Moderator/s, all acharyas and members of this wonderful

group.Adiyen, Srinivasan (alias) Ravi, would like to give small lectures on the above subjects in and around Chennai, especially to the youths.I do not know whether this is the right forum to further my thoughts, but if not, I request the moderator to excuse me.I am pained to see majority of our people, not knowing the greatness of our culture, thereby necessitating me to approach them in a different manner.Looking forward for your support in this regard, and will keep you all posted on my next lecture, date and venue.AdiyenSrinivasan

Find out what India is talking about on - Answers India Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Messenger Version 8. Get it NOW

Adiyen

Namakaskarams to all the highly knowledgeable in the

" aanmika " and " vaideeka " ways of Sri Viashnavism and

also who want and yearn for the knowledge of the same.

I am humbled by the response to start the talks, but

however I require the support and blessings of all the

knowledgeable and the learned members of this Forum.

To start with, my idea is to inculcate the need and

reason for the customs which we follow. Many of our

customs/traditions are highly scientific, beyond the

imagination and contemplation of the scientific world.

My humble idea is to reveal/share/discuss these facts

to the best of my limited knowledge to the current

generation, who will/can follow customs if given the

reason, hence the different approach.

To start with, we will have a 2 hour session, in the

1st week of November (venue not finalised).A group of

25-30 preferably young Vaishnavas, wanting to know our

culture is welcome.

I shall keep you all posted.

Namaskarams to all great srivaishnavas of this forum,

and shastanga namaskarams to Malola Narasimhan.

Adiyen Srinivasan

*** My heartiest best wishes to sri ue ve Srinivasachar,

I am giving here under his email ID

Interested members are requested to contact him directly with the given email ID

for further correspondings regarding this.

ravi iyengar <ravi_iyengar

Also I request you to send the extracted message about the meeting and its

effects and results after it.

thanks,

nvs