IndiaDivine.org

[Vaideekam] Fwd: Fw: 3rd Lokashemartha Homam at Parikkal

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Our thanks to Sri.Nandakumar, who brought the entire occasion through such an elaborate account so that those of us who were unable to attend the Homam in person, could at least have a visual perception of the most noble 'Kainkaryam' rendered by Swamin Vaasu Vaadyaar and the members of his family.

May Lord Nrusimha Shower His choicest blessings on them.

With best regards,

Ramakrishnan

On 1/17/07, Srinivasan Deevalur <vaideekam wrote:

---------- Forwarded message ----------NANDAKUMAR <

crnkumarJan 17, 2007 9:04 PM Fw: 3rd Lokashemartha Homam at Parikkal

vaideegam Cc: vaideegam, Srinivasan Deevalur <

vaideekam

- NANDAKUMAR

vaideegam

Monday, January 15, 2007 11:31 PM

Re: 3rd Lokashemartha Homam at Parikkal

Respected swamin and members of the Group

With the blessings of Lord Lakshmi Narasimha of Parikkal and anugraham of our Swami,

I had the opportunity of attending the 'homam' at Parikkal this year. Though I tried, I could

not attend the past two Homams and with the blessings of Lord and Aacharyan, this

time I was bestowed with the 'kripai' whereupon I could attend the Homam.

I reached Parikkal by about 7.45 pm - From Chennai I took a bus bound for Trichy and

I requested the Driver to drop me at 'Big Hanumaan Statue STop' and thereafter, I took

shareauto from the main road - to reach Parikkal which is about 3 kms. from Trunk Road.

AFter enquiries, I reached the 'Mandapam' maintained by 'Maadhwas' where JAPAM was

going on. The members of the family of our Deevalur Swami were very kind enough and

I was well received. After refreshing myself, I sat hear the 'Japam' of Naarasimha, Sudarshana

, Dhanvanthri Manthrams by Eight SWAMIS, which included two Kumarars of our Swami.

NOrmally, in any homam, there is a requirement of 'Japam' in certain proportion and accordingly,

as per 'counts' Japam of various Manthrams were concluded by about 9.15 pm. A good dinner

was offered to all the participants -- which was about 30-40 in ALL. Deevalur Swami was kind

enough to enquire me about the travel and other requirements. Though this was the first time

I am meeting the members of the family of our Swami, I did not feel aloof due to hospitality

extended by them.

While at bed, the 'Upanyasam' - covering 'Vyasar' 'Bheesma' and others - including nuances

of Shri Krishna Jananam' was put on the Audio - rendered by Swami Sri Krishna Premi. I was

told that as a practice our Swami would be hearing such Audio before 'sleep' and as one among

the participants I got the opportunity of hearing the 'bhagavath vishayam'. Though I was little

tired due to 'long bus journey', the memorable rendering by Shri Krishna Premi Swami made

me awake.

ON Sunday - 7th Jan. 07, early morning by about 4 - 4.30 am - all got up and after 'snanam' 'nithya

karma anushtanams' were completed. By about 4.45 am, our Swami started the 'Thiru Aaraadhanam'

for the 'Perumals/Saalagramams' brought by him from Chennai - and it was really a 'blessing'

to witness the Aaraadhanam. The 'mudras', 'argya' paadhya' aachamana samarpanams; manthra

pushpams - all were rendered by our swami with involvement and aaradhanam was completed by

about 5.30 pm.

Then, the 'kumbham' was taken by our Swami to the temple - holding the 'kumbham' above his

head - accompanied by 'Thaala Vaadhyam' and 'rendering of 'Purusha Suktham' - for using the

kumbha Jalam for 'Perumal Thirumanjanam'. The archakar swami received the 'kumbham' with

all respects and then, 'thirumanjanam' for 'Moolavar' was conducted. It was really a 'blessing'

for me to have accompanied 'Swami' to witness the 'Thirumanjanam' and it was HIS blessings

due to which I was there. Thirumanjana Diraviyangal - one after the other was submitted to Lord

Lakshmi Narasimha - with involvement and bhakthi - by the Archarkar Swami - Ramani Bhattachar

in the midst of rendering of various stothrams and veda manthrams. Then, Alankaram was

done - with the 'Vashthrams' submitted by Swami and the 'Pushpa alankaram' - pushpa

kainkaryam done by Swami - only to say that 'Kaana Kan kodi vendum'.

Being 'Margazhi' month, thiruppavai paasuram for the day - 'Seeriya Singaadhanathirundhu'

'Yaam vandha kaaryam Aaraindh Arul' enru 'thiruppaLLi Eluchi' Saathumurai - was done with

bhakthi and involvement by one and all. Then, 'Thirumanjana' theertham, 'Sataari' were given

to all. By that time,it was about 7 am, lot of 'Sevaarthis' got assembled.

After Bhala bhogam, 'homa guntam' was set up at the 'prakaram' facing the entrance of the

Swami Sannathi - Kumarars were busy in making pre-homa arrangements. By about 8.45 or so

Swami arrived and the 'Homam' - Sundarshana, Naarasimha, Dhanvanthri - Homam was

started - 'Kumbha Sthapanam', 'Aavahanam' 'Dhikbhandanam' and then Agni Santhanam etc.

Naarasimha Ashtothra Manthra Pushpam was submitted. 'manthra saptham' was heard all around -

with the chanting by eight swaamis - with the homa samarpanams - Annam, Aajyam (ghee)

Samiththu and Pori - to the Lord - through the Agni Bhagawan. With chantings of

Sundarshana Moola manthram, Maala Manthram, Gayathri, Naarasimha Manthram, Gayathri,

Dhanwanthri Manthram, Gayathri - at desired counts - the Homam was concluded by

about 10.30 am. On conclusion of 'manthra homam', - 'aahuthi' was offered - on behalf of

EACH ONE of those who were present there - with their names, nakshatram etc -

SIMILARLY, our Swami had brought the PRINT-OUTs of the names who had given

their names through our Group - and all their names were uttered/included - offering

separate ahuthi - for each one separately.

AT the end, by about 10.45 am, the 'Poorna Ahuthi' - the ritual to complete

the process of Homam - by submitting the 'vashthram' 'mukhya dhravyangal' - was done

by our swami - before which - the Poorna Ahuthi' vashthram was offered for public samarpanam

and it was taken around the 'agni kuntam' by our Swami. The Poorna Ahuthi was conducted

with 'thunderous rendering' of 'Poorna Ahuthi manthram' by Swaamis - witnessed by about

100 people - lot of sevaarthis who came to the temple - being a Sunday - also had the

'blessings' of witnessing the 'Poorna Ahuthi'.

Then all were asked to submit 'flowers' to the 'Aavahana Kumbham' - Vijayavalli samedha

Sudarshana Bhagawan' - 'Theertham' 'Pushpam' and 'Homa Rakshai' were offered to ALL

who were present there - around more than 100 people - taking the blessings of 'Sudarshana

Aazhwar' - in the 'Naarasimha Sannidhi'.

Then all disbursed to the Mantapam where 'Thadhiyaaradhanam' was arranged by our Swami.

By 12.45 pm - around 125 people took 'bhagavath prasadam' -

Though it may look easy, there would be much strain, struggle and efforts for organising such an event.

While Swaami was 'involved' in the Yagyam and Manthrams, his family members with devotion

had arranged everything - at the call of our Swami - things were given - which speaks for involvement

of one and all. It is almost like arranging a function - offering food, etc. and ABOVE ALL, Swaami

in categorical terms said that 'NO money contribution' is accepted - all the expenses were borne

by him exclusively. Finally, Thamboolams were also given.

It was a memorable occasion - and I am short of words to thank - our Swaami and all the members

of his family - Adiyen prarthanai - Swaamikkum - saha kumbathinarukkum - 'Bhagavath anugraham

paripoornamaaga kidaikkavendum - enra prarthanai thaan. Intha samarpanathodu idhai mudikkiren.

Endrendrum Swamiyinudaiya kainkaryam - irukka vendumena prarthikkiren.

Daasan

Nandakumar.

Have a nice day

Nandakumar, C.R.

crnkumar

tel: mobile:

080-2356562698441-27472

Add me to your address book...

Want a signature like this?

I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users.It has removed 31 spam emails to date.Paying users do not have this message in their emails.Try

SPAMfighter for free now! -- தமிழிலà¯à®®à¯ செயà¯à®¤à®¿à®•à®³à¯ˆ பரிமாறிகà¯à®•à¯†à®¾à®³à¯à®³à®²à®¾à®®à¯.