IndiaDivine.org

no mathematics

Rate this topic

Guest guest

PRANAMS. I heard in a bagavatha sapthaham the following.

Ten minus two is not equal to eight as per bhagavata.

That is if one does ten punya karyas and two papa karyas

he cannot enjoy palan of eight punya karyas alone and escape from

sufferings of the two papa karyas.In other words it can be said

he has to suffer for the two papkaryas done and is not deprived of

the fruits of the ten punyakaryas ofcourse.Hence let us not

do papakaryas even if we do not do punyakaryas.

I am also keenly waiting for the publication of the book. In the meantime, I thought I would share what I know about Saranagathi with the members. I may be corrected by those who feel what I am saying is not correct. I am only a Prapannan endeavouring to do what is expected of a Prapannan and mostly I am facing difficult situations and depend on God alone as Prapathi I did presupposes that I am utterly helpless and have no other go but to surrender at the Lord's feet fully understanding the Sesha Seshitva Bhava inherent in the three Rahasya Mantras. There are two types of Prapathi. If I remember right, they are Aartha Prapathi and Thruptha Prapathi. The first one will give Moksham immediately after Saranagathi is done. To illustrate this I was told that one Parakala Mutt Head, in answer to a question from the Mysore Maharaja, proved it by himself doing that kind of prapathi with a curtain between him and the

Raja and after a while when the curtain was lifted, HH attained Moksham leaving the mortal body. The other Prapathi will result in the Prapannan getting Moksham when his present life comes to an end. At the time of doing this Prapathi, with the Grace of God and the Acharyan through whom it is done, all papams done till that time are condoned by God and Prapannan is not expected to do any pavam later. But in the world that we live in, various karmas have to be done till the Jivatma leaves this body and in the process, pavams may accrue. No pavam should be done knowingly. If done unknowingly, the consequences of that will have to be experienced before the Jivatma leaves the present body as at that time the Jivatma is sure to go to Moksham. I also read somewhere that when a Prapannan goes to Moksham, the residual Punyas go to his friends and residual Papams go to his enemies (I am sorry this is not the right word as a

Prapannan should have no enemy in the real sense as he should not hurt or offend anyone and be friends only with everyone). Here the term means that people whom he did not like during his lifetime will be burdened with his residual papams. This is a big matter to understand or appreciate and I think instead of discussing this with pros and cons, we should take the message that this gives as, at the time of leaving the body, the Prapannan goes to Moksha without any vasanas relating to punyams and papams and those that accrued to him till he leaves the body for which he had not enjoyed or suffered the consequences will go to his relatives/friends/acquaintances as the case may be so that no karma requiring a consequence is left unenjoyed or not suffered. If one reads Varaha Charama Slokam, Ramayana Saranagathi slokam (Sakrudeva prapannaya..............dhadham ethath vrutham mama) and the Charama Slokam in the Gita and understand the import of it

with the elucidation given by Bhagavath Ramanuja and Sri Vedanta Desika in their works (especially Desika in his Rahasya Granthas), we will know what the Prapathi is and what are its Angas. There are 5 Angas and Mahaviswasam tops the five and when the Mahaviswasam is there, no question can be raised by anyone in regard to the papams or punyams of a Prapannan. Adiyen Padmanabha Dasan

T V Padmanabhan Advocate A-20 Arcot Terrace 160 Arcot Road, Vadapalani Chennai 600 026, India

Tel: 91-44-23650911; 98400 52787

Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection. Try the free Mail Beta.

Karma Yoga, Jnana Yoga and Bhakthi Yoga are the terms given to us by the Geethacharyan. If we go through His expositions on these, and if we read the Githarthasangraham of Sri Alavandar, its elucidation by Swami Desikan and read the Gita Bhashya of Bhagavath Ramanuja, we would understand that all the three Yogas are inter-related. If Karmas are performed as ordained in the Gita (no one can exist without doing a Karma), it leads to Jnana and eventually Jnana leads to Bhakthi. According to Rajaji, "if knowledge (Jnana) doesn't lead to Bhakthi, such knowledge is useless tinsel". No one can do Bhakthi Yoga successfully except extraordinary human beings like the Azwars, Nathamunigal and the like. Bhakthi Yoga is a long drawn process spread over several lives and one has to encounter trials and tribulations in this marg. Even Lord Narayana is said to test the Bhakthi of His devotee. That is why, our Poorvacharyas have

recommended to us the path of Saranagathi. Swami Desikan has described how a Saranagathan should behave after the Saranagathi is done. Such behaviour as ordained by Swami Desikan takes into account 5 qualities and one quality is that Saranagathan should not approach any God for boons or favours or benefits and only rely on Sriman Narayana (even then no boon or favour or benefit is to be prayed before Sriman Narayana Himself too). One should not do what all is prohibited or displeasing to God, one should do only what is pleasing to God, one should continue to exist with the feeling that he has no other go except the Lord's feet which is both the means and the ends. Saranagathi path is tough and not easy. But our Acharyas have concluded that a Saranagathan will definitely attain Moksham and Swami Desikan has prescribed the conduct of a Saranagathan. While Bhakthi marg is difficult, Saranagathi is more difficult but it is

enduring and sure in its results at the end of the present life. In this context, I had referred to in my earlier msg. Varaha Charama Slokam (Sthithe manasi susvaste......nayami paramam gathim). Let us strive to observe the code of conduct given to Saranagathans by Swami Desikan and taking everything as Bhagavath Sankalpa, wait for Lord's Grace for attaining Moksham. Discussion on Papams and Punyams are not quite appropriate here, though relevant, as that will divert us for sure, and we should leave everything to God with the Maha Viswasam. Adiyen Padmanabha Dasan

T V Padmanabhan Advocate A-20 Arcot Terrace 160 Arcot Road, Vadapalani Chennai 600 026, India

Tel: 91-44-23650911; 98400 52787

TV dinner still cooling?Check out "Tonight's Picks" on TV.