IndiaDivine.org

Require clarification regarding Gothram in Marriage

Rate this topic

Guest guest

***Gotra is determining the root cause of a family tree.(If known relative or not) all belongs to gotra is considered as bothers / sisters.So, marrying a girl of same gotra is equal to marrying own sister.

The procedure of giving / donating / transferring a girl to other gotra is nothing but marriage.As per sastra; a boy should not marry a girl of his native gotra and the gotra to which he had given as sweekaram.

Doing vradham with other gotra person can be useful to cheat yourself, but you can not satisfy sastra and hence its effects.regards,nvs2009/1/16 desikan varadha <dsrivara03

Respected Sir,

Happu New year and Pongal.

I Need a clarification from your side.

One of my relative has brought a marriage proposal for me.

I am of Srivatsa gothram, and the girl is also of srivatsa gothram.

What they say is " the marriage can be done, by transferring the boy or the girl to other Gothra, during the time of viradham( like giving the boy or girl as dhanam to other person of different gothram and asking them to do the viradham.).

Please advise me whether can it be done like this, and will it be a right way. ( what are the effects if the boy (me), is transfered other Gothra, as i hope that i cannot perform any rituals for my ancestors, including my late father and mother).

If you have sufficient time, please advise me on why the same gothra should be avoided during marriage.

Adiyen,

Nadadur Varadha desikan.