IndiaDivine.org

[Vaideekam] Oupasana agni

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Oupasana agni can be preserved more easily through the method called "Samith Samaropanam". Under this procedure, by recitiing the mantra, we are uploading the agni on a Samith at the conclusion of oupasanam. When oupasanam is to be done on the next session, the agni is downloaded from the Samith by invoking the mantra prescribed. With this there should be no problem.

But in case you are referring to Samidhadanam, and not Oupasanam, then samidhadanam need not be avichinnam,i.e. continuous. Therefore the agni for samidhdanam can be created every time the same is to be performed.

Raghunathan--- On Mon, 5/4/09, Ganesh K <ganeshkmoorthy wrote:

Ganesh K <ganeshkmoorthy[Vaideekam] Oupasana agnivaideekam Date: Monday, May 4, 2009, 3:54 AM

>> Swamin,>Can the oupansana agni be preserved in the form of Lamp instead ofpreserving in the Umi and kanal form in oupasana panai?If so are there any restrictions on the lamps ,i.e, only ghee lamp should beused or can gingely oil (Ellennai/Nallennai ) be used?Thanks and regards,Ganesh K.***agni should be preserved is the condition, it can be done using the suitable method is my opinion.If anybody could found a new utility something like a instance stick which can be keep agni for minimum 12 hours it will be perfect.Now the Mosquito coils are keeping agni for a long time. We can use that also.When we are going to start the agni kaaryam we can use a match stick to light agni from that.This also my own opinion, no where it is found and not suggested by any elders.nvs