IndiaDivine.org

Explanation of last rites..

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Adiyen’s pranams…Recently my friend went through an ordeal of losing his mother. During the turbulent days I noticed that he (and everybody) was not in a capacity to understand the vaideeka procedures. It was left at the sole discretion of visitors and the priest. Unfortunate friction aroused when the mindsets contradicted.As a result, I am now in deep desire to know what is the procedure to be followed by kartha after a prapanna’s parents attained their aacharyan’s thiruvadi. Eagerly, I first searched in “Sri Vaishnava sadhaachaarya Nirnaya Aaghnika grantham” and could not find much help. A search in Internet revealed NVS swami’s ahobilam.com which explained briefly and a page http://www.salagram.net/Hindu-death-rites.html. While the former is quite brief and later is to be verified, adiyen wants to know whether any books had been published covering nuances and explaining the procedures and rituals. Adiyen also learnt that “Garuda puranam” deals extensively about this and would like to know the availability of it as well.Had if I had not searched the resources, please bear with me and kindly lead me to the same.Adiyen is based in Chennai – just FYI.Regards,Ramanuja Dasan,NarayananGet easy photo sharing with Windows Live™ Photos. Drag n’ drop