IndiaDivine.org

Post Saranagathi - Activities

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sri RAmajayam

SrimathE GopAla DEsika MahA DEsikAya Namaha

Dear Sri.Rangarajan,

In my humble opinion, post saranagathi, one has complete faith in the Divya Dhampathis and Acharyan alike, that he would not engage in any kamyartha prarthanai (self, family). Any kamyartha pledges made before prapatthi can be implemented through someone else, where possible (I mean you cannot perform Pazhani mottai on a volunteer), else skipped with a Sankalpam expressing inability to do the same due to swaroopa nishtai.

AdiyEn would propose a very simple solution. Check with your Acharyan what to do.

Normally these questions did not arise in the past because one was well versed in Sastras, Smruthis and parroted what their forefathers have done. Now we forget Sastric orders (Nithya, Naimithika karmas) and bring new traditions (Baba worship, Vilakku poojai etc) and have such dilemmas.

AdiyEn Sri RAmAnuja DAsan,

Sudarsana DAsOsmiRangarajan M P <rangaindSun, 30 Aug 2009 22:21:53 <vaideekam >; [Vaideekam] Post Saranagathi - ActivitiesI have done prapati with Srimadh Azhagiyasingar this June and have not been visiting other devada temples these days.Just wanted to know can a prapannan visit Raghavendra Temple at Mantralayam post my prapati. There are some family prarthanais which my wife wanted to complete at Mantralayam. Please suggest.DasanRangarajan---Messages are not moderated. The reply of interested member will reach the sender only.