IndiaDivine.org

Fw: Hello !

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear BhakthAs of Lord Oppiliappan :

My sister , VidvAmsini Padma VeerarAghavan has completed the difficult task of creating kritis in 72 MeLa Raagams on Oppiliappan and has placed them at the sacred feet of SrI BhUmi dEvi samEta Sri Oppilaa Appan .

Very few composers have succeeded in creating kritis in the 72 MeLa Raagams since

a thorough knowledge of the lakshaNams of these Raagams are essential to venture into

such a ardous task . With the dhivyAnugraham of ThiruviNNagarappan , our Kula dhaivam ,

this kaimkaryam has been completed and a public function to release the book with svaram

notations and possibly a CD will be released at that time. Many leaders in the field of Carnatic

Music have written forewords . The facilitation letter of Madhura ghAna ,Sangeta Kalaanidhi , Sri BalamuraLi KrishNa , the creator of a set of 72 MeLa Raaga Kritis is attached .

I will let you know when the function for public release will be scheduled at Chennai to facilitate Your attendance .

NamO SrI VenkatESAya,

V.Sadagopan

Dear All,

Sending you a copy of the review written by Padma Bhushan Sangeetha Kalanidhi Sri BalamuraliKrishna, for the 72 melakartha book comprising krithis in praise of Lord Oppiliappan by my Guru Smt.Padma Veeraraghavan. Also happy to inform you that he has accepted our wish, to preside over the book release function to be held in Chennai within the next 2-3 months.

Thanks and Regards,

Prakash

1 of 1 Photo(s)