IndiaDivine.org

Madhurakavi swami thirunandavanam: Chronological events

Rate this topic

Guest guest

SrI:

Dear Gokul :

Sriman B.C.Venakata Krishnan has kindly come forward to help with additional publicity for the campaign to stop the usurpation of the Nandavanam and help in the area of legal intervention . Please work with Sri Venakata Krishnan .

Thank you sriman Venkata Krishnan for your offer of help to blunt this effort to interfere with age old Pushpa kaimakryam to Lord Ranganatha .

NamO SrI RanganathAya,

V.Sadagopan

-

Gokul Seshadri

Dr.V.Sadagopan

Monday, October 12, 2009 12:10 PM

Re: Madhurakavi swami thirunandavanam: Chronological events

Dear SirThank you very much for the efforts. So our fears & concerns are true and some commercial forces are trying to capitalize the land.It needs to be highlighted at the highest level.I am in the process of finishing the english translation of the request.NamaskaramsGokul.S

Dr.V.Sadagopan <yennappanPonnappan <Oppiliappan >; Swami ; Sgt <saranagathi >; SG <Tiruvenkatam >; av <ahobilavalli >; IRS Cc: Gokul Seshadri <seshadrigokulMon, October 12, 2009 10:40:21 AMFw: Madhurakavi swami thirunandavanam: Chronological events

SrI:

Dear All : I understand that some commercial interest is planning to build a tourist residence at this site .Please contact Sri Gokul Seshadri and Your AchAryans for

protestign thsi desecration of a site involved with Lord RanganathA's Kaimkaryam.

Thanks .

V.Sadagopan

Dear sirThe chronological list of events as I understand are provided below;- From 1860 till date: Madhurakavi nandavanam providing flowers to the temple (Pushpa kainkaryam). Under private trust in which some of the devastanam board members are also there. Madhurakavi swami's Uyil clearly states that his family members should be represented in the board. But slowly all family members are removed over a period.- 1921: In a sub-court case in trichy (o.s.No.4/192)21-10-1921 judge declares that the nandhavanam should only be held by dharmakarthas and not by devasthanam. - 2004: Devastanam says that it has plans to construct yatri nivas near amma mandapam (Hindu news cited in my protest)- 2006 / 2007 : Devastanam says it wants to construct yatri nivas and staff quarters in madhurakavi nandhavanam. They do not say how much land is going to be used nor what will happen to pushpa kainkaryam. land still under private trust.(Hindu news cited in my protest)- 2009: HR & CE issues a GO saying that the Nandhavanam land belongs to Devastanam (as per madhurakavi swami will) & that the devastanam will occupy the lands. No details on what it wants to do or whether it will maintain the current kainkaryams. But certainly this GO is issued only at the behest of Devastanam for sure.ISSUES / CONCERNS:- Devastanam has very clearly expressed its intentions in what it wants to do with the lands. IT IS LEAST INTERESTED IN PUSHPA KAINKARYAM. HENCE IT IS UNFIT TO MAINTAIN OR TAKEOVER THIS GARDEN.- Currently by providing garlands on a daily basis, Madhurakavi nandavanam is preventiing devastanam from procuring garlands outside via tender. LOSS OF REVENUE FOR SOME VESTED INTERESTS.- This is in direct contradiction to the will and wishes of sri madhurakavi swami who has made it very clear as to what should happen from this Nandavanam.- Lands, whether occupied fully or partially will disturb the present atmosphere- MADHURAKAVI GARDEN IS A HERITAGE ASSET. This point should be understood by all. Currently nobody is talking about the age of this garden. THIS IS THE ONLY GARDEN IN TAMILNADU WHICH MAINTAINS A LOST TRADITION WHICH EXISTED IN ALL TEMPLES. ANY DISTURBANCE TO IT IS A DIRECT ATTACK ON OUR HERITAGE- I HAVE SPOKEN TO THE FAMILY MEMBER OF MADHURAKAVI SWAMI. They are not even being represented in the board. But they have provided dhothis etc to ehankis and told me that devastanam has not bothered about the welfare of Ehankis. ONE MORE INDICATION OF DEVASTANAM NOT INTERESTED IN NANDHAVANAM SAMPRADAYA- Perumal use to start pagal pathu rappathu utsavams from madhurakavi swami's house in olden times. THIS PRACTICE WAS ALSO DISCONTINUED.NamaskaramsGokul.S

Dr.V.Sadagopan <yennappanGokul Seshadri <seshadrigokulCc: malaseenu <malaseenuFriday, October 9, 2009 1:21:27 PMRe: Fdbk: kalvettu sonna kathai - 10

Sri:

Dear Gokul : I will take care of this . Can You pease tell me what the Government says that it will do if they take control of this Nandavanam ? Will they cause interruption to this Kaimkaryam ? By copy of this note , I am requesting a Srirangam Resident to send me his impressions of the going ons in Srirangam as organized protest .

V.S

-

Gokul Seshadri

Dr.V.Sadagopan

Cc: IRS ; Jayashree Desikachari

Friday, October 09, 2009 12:27 PM

Re: Fdbk: kalvettu sonna kathai - 10

Dear SirI do not have accesses to Sri Velukkudi Krishnan or the Jeeyar swamins.I request you and your members to bring this to their kind attention at the earliest opportunity.Unfortunately, the GO has already been passed. So, urgent action is required to prevent any damages to the Nandhavanam.NamaskaramsGokul.S

Dr.V.Sadagopan <yennappanGokul Seshadri <seshadrigokulCc: IRS ; Jayashree Desikachari <JayaMDFriday, October 9, 2009 12:16:53 PMRe: Fdbk: kalvettu sonna kathai - 10

SrI:Dear Gokul:

Excellent . Thanks . Srirangam Jeeyar , Sri Velukkudi KrishNan residing now at Srirangam , Jetusa ( HH Chinna Jeeyar) can add so many names to the petition and take it from the current 3,000 to tens of thousands very quickly . Do you or your colleagues have access to them ? HH Chinna Jeeyar is visiting USA now as you might know.

V.Sadagopan

-

Gokul Seshadri

Dr.V.Sadagopan

Cc: IRS ; Jayashree Desikachari

Friday, October 09, 2009 9:10 AM

Re: Fdbk: kalvettu sonna kathai - 10

Dear Sri SadagopanI shall do this at the earliest opportunity. The translations will be posted early next week.Namaskarams.Gokul.S

SRI:

DEAR SRI SESHADRI :

THERE ARE A LOT OF PIOUS DEVOTEES OF LORD RANGANATHA WHO DO NOT READ TAMIL AND THEREFORE CAN NOT BENEFIT FROM THE TAMIL DESCRIPTION OF THE BACKGROUND OF MADHURAKAVI NANDAVANAM AT SRIRANGAM AND THE TAMIL NAADU GOVERNMENT'S ORDER TO POSSESS IT AND BRING IT UNDER THEIR CONTROL .

COULD YOU PEASE PROVIDE AN ENGLISH TRANSLATION FOR THE BENEFIT OF NON TAMIL READING AASTIKAAS ?

THAT WOULD INCREASE THE NUMBER OF PETITONERS WHO WOULD LIKE TO ADD THEIR PROTESTS .

THANKS ,

V.SADAGOPAN