IndiaDivine.org

Veda PaarAyaNa GhOshtis

Rate this topic

Guest guest

SrI:

Dear Sriman Raghavachari :

Thanks very much for your mail . Your points are well made and your concerns are well shared by VedhAbhimAnis and the AchAryAs .

Number of Veda PaatasAlAs are teaching young people in the old Gurukulam style

at Srirangam (Saama vedham ) , Kaanchipuram , MadhurAntakam , SelayUr(East Tambaram) , KumbakOnam (Rg and Yajur Vedam) and few other places . Many of these students come from poor families and the parents are happy to see their children get a Good education in Vaidheekam and UpAdhyAyam .The most important thing is to provide also exposures to computers and other skills to enhance their employability after they complete their studies ( 5 to 6 Years) so they can get married , raise a family and stand on their own as well as train others.

We are working with the Veda PaarAyaNa GhOshti at Kaanchipuram ( Lord VaradarAjaa Temple) to hold the current ghOshti together , supplement their incomes

and help train new students . We are setting up a special web site for this purpose with the URL:

http://www.varadarajavaibhavam.org

It is at its very beginning stage . We hope to complete the population of this site after

the 84th Thirunakshatram of my AchAryan , Srimath Azhagiya Singar ( Nov 27, 2009). In this emerging web site , You can read the samarpaNam section and a Picture of the Kaanchipuram Veda PaarAyaNa Ghoshti at Lord VaradarAja Temple going back to few years . There are not as many experts now. We have to make sure that these Vedic Scholars have enough income to suport their families , while they serve the Lord year around.

You and all AasthikAs interested in support of Veda PaarAyaNam at the Temples ,

Matams , Aasramams and PaatasAlAs are most welcome to contact me and hopefully , we will have a more defined approach to address these needs before the end of 2009 .

NamO SrI VaradarAjAya,

V.Sadagopan

-

ragavachari parthiban

; Ram Anbil

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 3:45 AM

1. Yesterday, I had the darshan of Lord Venkatesa at the Tirumala Hills. I participated along with other pilgrims in the Unjal seva performed in the evening. Archakas and the brahmins Sripadantangis kept silent ; whereas smartha vedic pundits recited vedic hymns. This was followed by music rendering. After deepa arthi was taken at the instance of HH Jeer, the Lord went around the praharas. Normally, in Srivaishnava temples, the veda parayana has to be undertaken by the Sri vaishnavite pundits such as tatacharyas, vadakalai and thenkalai pundits. Not only vedic hymns but also tamil prabandas have to be recited in the utsavas and seva kalams. 2. In the Neelathunda perumal koil situated in Ekambareswar temple of Kanchi, no vaishnavite priest is performing puja to the Lord. Saivite kurukkal is performing puja. On my enquiry the Kurukkal said the puja has been perform by Kurukkal only for several hundred years.The Smarthas and Madhavites have no tamil prabhandas. Only Srivaishnavas have to learn both and recite in the presence of Lord. In this process, many of the vaishnavites appeared to have taken training in the tamil prabhandas only and thereby short of vedic pundits from our fold. This resulted in the domination smarthas over the vaishnavites in occupying important positions in the vedic recitation. I had personally seen in my younger age the larger segment of vedic pundits of Sri vaishnavite fold reciting vedic hymns in the presence of Lord in Kanchi varadaraja temple during daily scheudles as well as during utsavs. The veda paarayanam includes sanskrit and tamil hymns recited by two groups on both sides of the Lord.My recent visits to the Tirumala and Kanchi Nilathunda perumal sannathi caused some apprehensions in mind whether Sri Vaishnavites are losing their ground in the vedic learning, recitations etc.I request scholars like Dr satagopan who have exposure / rich experience with tirumala tirupati may dispel my apprehensions regardsparthi

Dear Swamin

Srikainkarya is doing this kaimkaryam though at a minimum level for the past several years

1. Sambhavana to vedaparayan Swamis ( both very young and old ) of about 25 who chant Yajur Veda for three daysduring Pavithrothsavam in front of Swami Desikan & Sri Devanathan in Yagasala premises( Parayana Swamis come even from Thirupathi, Mysore forwhich all travelling charges are met by Srikainkarya)

2. Thadiyaaradhanam to Vedadyaayis during these days

3. Distribution of "vasthrams" to the students and teachers including cooks and helpers before Deepavali at Srimushnam, Thjiruvaheendrapuram during the years 2006 and 2007 from out of the contributions received for this specfic purpose from the mahanubhavas

4. Vedaparayanam at the house every year for five days ( Yajur Vedam)

5. Adiyen is requesting local Vedeaparayana Swamis to chant "yajur Vedam" in front of Sri Hayagreevan in the newly constructed mahamandap with the financial assistance of Sri U.Ve. Sadagopan Swamy, Sri U.Ve. Rajaji Swamy and other mahanubhavas of Sri Hayagreeva bakthas and Sri Desika Sampradayathaal who donated Rs 50,000/- & above, as "paalaalayam" has been performed at Sri Devanathan temple, for some repairs, painting etc etc and before "samprokshanam". This Vedaparayanam will soon be heard by Sri Lakshmi Hayagreevan soon , as He who redeemed vedas and given it again to Brahma

5 Adiyen wishes to remind that "Vedhopasana" added in " Sri Hayagreeva series'' by adiyen's respected ubhaya vedanthi , renowned scholar who added excellent hints from "Vedas" in Vedapasana and sachsishya of Prakrutham Srimath Azhagiasinger is to be published soon , which will throw light about all Vedas, Upanishads, Vidyas etc etc and also the necessity to know Vedas, atleast " pancha soothas" and "svasaakhai"

6. In " Sri Kanchi Perarulalan" Sri U.Ve. Dr V. Kannan Swamy of Navalpakkam ( Now at Hyderabad as Pro-Vice- Chancellor, University of Hyderabad ) is giving " Pradhana Satakam" wherein he described all details about "Vedas" and the first volume titled " Veda Vaibhavam " has already been published

Thiruvaheendrapuram is an important Kshetra to all vaishnavaites especially, Sri Desika sampradaya vaishnavaites. Not only Sri Lakshmi Hayagreevan is there permenantly but also Swami Desikan besides Sri Devanathan and Sri Hemabjavalli Thayar. Swami Desikan's " Thirumaaligai, " the sacred well constructed by our Sadacharyan Swami Desikan, and brahmotsavam to Swamy Desikan , the mangalasasanam at Oushathagiri by Swmy Desikan in front of Sri Hayagreevan from the Mahamandap etc etc are not to be seen and worshipped elsewhere

Adiyen is trying to see that Vedaparayanam is done on all the days ( except Anadhyayana period ) at Thiruvaheendrapuiram temple as the excellent atmosphere is now there, because Sri V.Ve. Mukundhachariar and Sri U.Ve. Desikachariar ( grand-sons of Sri U.Ve. Varadachariar Swamy of Navalpakkam ) have dedicated their lives to this kainkaryam at the temple and also preparing many vidyaarthees ( young and old students ) by teaching vedas Sarvam Sree Hayagreeva preeyathaamDasanUruppattur SoundararajanSrikainkarya--- On Fri, 30/10/09, Dr.V.Sadagopan <yennappan wrote:

Dr.V.Sadagopan <yennappan Re: Veda PaarAyaNa GhOshtis"" , "Ram Anbil" <ramanbil, "ragavachari parthiban" <parthibanragavachari, "Ponnappan" <Oppiliappan >, "Sgt" <saranagathi >, "SG" <Tiruvenkatam >, "Swami" , "DS" <desikasampradaya >, RamanujaandDesika , "av" <ahobilavalli >Cc: "desikan desikan" <srithooppul, geethaa, "Srikanth Veeraraghavan" <hindusrikanth, "Aditi Banerjee" <banerjeeaFriday, 30 October, 2009, 7:06 AM

SrI:

Dear Sriman Raghavachari :

Thanks very much for your mail . Your points are well made and your concerns are well shared by VedhAbhimAnis and the AchAryAs .

Number of Veda PaatasAlAs are teaching young people in the old Gurukulam style

at Srirangam (Saama vedham ) , Kaanchipuram , MadhurAntakam , SelayUr(East Tambaram) , KumbakOnam (Rg and Yajur Vedam) and few other places . Many of these students come from poor families and the parents are happy to see their children get a Good education in Vaidheekam and UpAdhyAyam .The most important thing is to provide also exposures to computers and other skills to enhance their employability after they complete their studies ( 5 to 6 Years) so they can get married , raise a family and stand on their own as well as train others.

We are working with the Veda PaarAyaNa GhOshti at Kaanchipuram ( Lord VaradarAjaa Temple) to hold the current ghOshti together , supplement their incomes

and help train new students . We are setting up a special web site for this purpose with the URL:

http://www.varadara javaibhavam. org

It is at its very beginning stage . We hope to complete the population of this site after

the 84th Thirunakshatram of my AchAryan , Srimath Azhagiya Singar ( Nov 27, 2009). In this emerging web site , You can read the samarpaNam section and a Picture of the Kaanchipuram Veda PaarAyaNa Ghoshti at Lord VaradarAja Temple going back to few years . There are not as many experts now. We have to make sure that these Vedic Scholars have enough income to suport their families , while they serve the Lord year around.

You and all AasthikAs interested in support of Veda PaarAyaNam at the Temples ,

Matams , Aasramams and PaatasAlAs are most welcome to contact me and hopefully , we will have a more defined approach to address these needs before the end of 2009 .

NamO SrI VaradarAjAya,

V.Sadagopan

-

ragavachari parthiban

; Ram Anbil

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 3:45 AM

1. Yesterday, I had the darshan of Lord Venkatesa at the Tirumala Hills. I participated along with other pilgrims in the Unjal seva performed in the evening. Archakas and the brahmins Sripadantangis kept silent ; whereas smartha vedic pundits recited vedic hymns. This was followed by music rendering. After deepa arthi was taken at the instance of HH Jeer, the Lord went around the praharas. Normally, in Srivaishnava temples, the veda parayana has to be undertaken by the Sri vaishnavite pundits such as tatacharyas, vadakalai and thenkalai pundits. Not only vedic hymns but also tamil prabandas have to be recited in the utsavas and seva kalams. 2. In the Neelathunda perumal koil situated in Ekambareswar temple of Kanchi, no vaishnavite priest is performing puja to the Lord. Saivite kurukkal is performing puja. On my enquiry the Kurukkal said the

puja has been perform by Kurukkal only for several hundred years.The Smarthas and Madhavites have no tamil prabhandas. Only Srivaishnavas have to learn both and recite in the presence of Lord. In this process, many of the vaishnavites appeared to have taken training in the tamil prabhandas only and thereby short of vedic pundits from our fold. This resulted in the domination smarthas over the vaishnavites in occupying important positions in the vedic recitation. I had personally seen in my younger age the larger segment of vedic pundits of Sri vaishnavite fold reciting vedic hymns in the presence of Lord in Kanchi varadaraja temple during daily scheudles as well as during utsavs. The veda paarayanam includes sanskrit and tamil hymns recited by two groups on both sides of the Lord.My recent visits to the Tirumala and Kanchi Nilathunda perumal sannathi caused some apprehensions in

mind whether Sri Vaishnavites are losing their ground in the vedic learning, recitations etc.I request scholars like Dr satagopan who have exposure / rich experience with tirumala tirupati may dispel my apprehensions regardsparthi

Connect more, do more and share more with India Mail. Learn more.