IndiaDivine.org

Fw: [ahobilavalli] Picture of MakarakaNDi for Swami Desikan at ThUppul & Desikar NooRRandhAti : Paasuram 6-30[1 Attachment]

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sri:

Paayiram 30:

muyanRu Mukundhan malaradi mEl anbhAl

bayam tuRanthAr paartthu irukka munnam--uyarnta

tuNivAn MaNimAdat-ThUppul vanta sOthi

paNivOm yaam pOmE bhaayam

In this Paasuram , the poet affirms the message of the previous Paayiram , where he instructed his mind about the power of Swamy Desikan to grant Moksham thru sambhandham with Him .

yaamm uyarntha tuNi vaann maNi maada Thuppul vantha sOti paNivOm=Oh my mind ! Let us prostrate with intense devotion before the jyOthi of ThUppul agrahAram , known for its priceless , gem-laden palaces .

( appadi sEvitthAl) , Mukundhan malar adi mEl muyanRu anbhAl bayam tuRanthAr paarthu irukka munnam bayam pOm= If we engage in this type of firm bhakti for Sawmy Desikan dear to Achyutha Mukundhan , discard the temptations of Vishaya sukham and worship the flower like sacred , soft feet of Moksha DhAyaka Mukundhan , the phalan would be freedom from fear about erstwhile sins ; " sidhir bhavathi na samsaya: " ( These bhakthAs will gain the supreme goal of life (viz) Mpksham . Swamy Desikan is very dear to Mukundhan and as such He will move even faster to grant Moksham to His BhaagavathAs' bhakthAs in comparison with the rush to grant Moksham to His own(direct) bhakthAs. Mukundhan's preethi for those , who sought the refuge of His BhAgavathaas like Swamy Desikan is much more than for His own bhakthAs .

MannappangAr's views are based on PramANams from AzhwAr Sri Sookthis :

1. Thirumazhisai: Naanmukhan ThiruvandhAti : 18 and 89: (a ) The penanace/Bhakti of the adiyArs worshipping BhAgavathAs is superior to those of direct devotees of the Lord ( b ) Those who worship the BhAgavathAs of the Lord have a higher standing with respect to Bhagavaan's own direct devotees . The former get all their sins destroyed , gain Moksham and enjoythe Bliss at Sri VaikunTham.

Paayiram 31

bayamAyina maayum paavangaL veeyum

sayam anaitthum thAmE kaikoodum-thuyar onRum

vaarAthu vaNamayAl vaadhi singam ingu udhittha

seer onRu sintipparEl

Here , the poet sys that all of our sorrows and sins will disappear and that we will experience victory in our SaadhanAs , when we worship Swamy Desikan with bhakti and follow the upadEsams housed in His many Sri Sookthis . The "seer" ( the vaibhavam ) and the power of Swamy Desikan's Sri Sookthis are celebrated here. He created a huge number of Granthams to defend and nurture VauishNava SiddhAntham and the Superiority of Sriman Narayana ( NaarAyaNa Parathvam) among the various gods . NayinAcchAr and Brahma Tantra Swatantra Swamy advanced further their AchAryan's darsanam . The fears about the punishment by

Yama Dharma Raajan , Naraka vaasa Bayam and SamsAra bayam will be destroyed by worshipping the Kavi Taarkika Simham and reflecting on the many upadEsams housed in His Sri Sookthis .

BayamAyina Maayum= ( the three kinds of ) fears will be destroyed

PaavangaL Veeyum= there will be ned to all sins ; they will be banished.

sayam anaitthum thAmE kai koodum = all victories will pile one upon the other on their own .

thuyar onRum vaarAthu= No sorrow will come the way of this true bhakthAs of Swamy Desikan , who incarnated in this earth because of His intense compassion for us ( ingu vaNmayAl udhitta vAdhi Singam).

(Vaadhi singam ) oppaRRa seer bayam Aayina= If they reflect on the matchless teachings of the Kavi Taarkika Simham , all their fears about samsAram and Narakam will be destroyed.

Paayiram 32:

sinthitthu Vadhi-singat-tEsikar tamm vadivai

vantitthu Avar malar paadhatthai -puntiyil vaitthu

uLLuvAr uLLatthu uRayumE umbarkOn

teLLiyAr sinthikkum tEsu

Vaadhisinga Desikar tamm vadivai sintitthu = meditating always upon the dhivya Mangala Vigraham ( divine and auspicious form) of Vaadhi Simham ( Lion maong Logicians, Swamy Desikan) ,

avar malar paadhatthai vanthitthu = prostrating before the flower soft ( tEnE malarum Thiruvadi) sacred feet of Swamy Desikan ,

punthiyil uLLuvAr uLLatthu umparkOn teLLiyAr sinthikkum tEsu uRayum= and keeping the chintanai about Swamy De sikan always in one's mind ; for such persons pursuing Vachika-Maanasa-Kaayika bhakthi to

Swamy Desikan , the Lord worshipped by the king of devAs and the Jn~Anis will automatically enter their minds and settle down there . They will attain the status of Parama BhAgavathAs of the Lord.

Sri V.N.GopaladEsikAcchAr swamy cites four examples of AzhwAr Pasurams , which provided the inspiration for MannappangAr's celebrations in this Paayiram :

1. PeriyAzhwAr Thirumozhi: 5.4.9: panik-kadalil paLLi kOLaip-pazhahavittu , ODi vanthu , yenn manakkadfalil , vaazhavalla Maaya MaNALa Nambhee ( Abandoning His penchant for resting on the cool , Milky Ocean , EmperumAn came running to lie down in the ocean of my mind

2. Thirumangai 4.8.7: " Naadi yenntann uLLam koNDa naathan " : The Lord who chose my mind to reside

3. pEy AzhwAr : third ThiruvandhAti : 94 : "metthanavE ninRAn irundhAn kidanthAn yenn nenjatthu"( Softly, the Lord arrived at my heart lotus and stood , sat and laid down ).

4. Thirumazhisai : Naanmukhan Thiruvanfh"uLan kaNDAy nall nenjE ! uthaman yenRum uLan kaNDAy; uLLuvAr uLLatthu uLan kaNDAy; taanAy uLan kaaN tamiyERkku yenn oppArkku Isan ( EmperumAn resides in the heart lotuses of those , who meditate on Him. He on His own accord presents Himself to me and others like adiyEn).

Paayiram 33:

tEsu udaya Aazhiyum sankhamaum kai yEnthi

vaasamalart-thuzhAi mArbahn --kaasiniyil

kaaNa ninRAlum KavivAdhi SinganayE

kaaNak-karuthum yenn KaNN

Here , the poet says that his eyes long to see and worship Swami Desikan much more than seeing the Lord holding His Sudarsanam and Paanchajanyam majestically and adorning the garlands of TuLasi on His chest and head . He prefers to have the darsana soubhAgyam of Sawmy Desikan's TgirumEni over that of the Lord Himself just as Madhura Kavi experienced . Swamy NammAzhwAr's sevai was more important to Madhura Kavi compared to the darsanam of KaNNan . Madhura Kavi commented that he does not know of any other dhaivam other than Sawmy NammAzhwAr ( tEvu maRRaRiyEn).

The poet says that the recital of Swamy Desikan's sahasra naamams is more desirable to his tongue than the recital of Bhagavaan's naama sahasrams . Madhura Kavi's Pasura Vaakyam is the inspiration here for MannappangAr ( PerumAyan Yenn Appanil NaNNIt-Tenn KuruhUr Nambi yenRakkAl , aNNIkkum amudhu URum yenn NaavukkE --KaNNI NuNN SiRut-ThAmpu --Paasuram 1).

AmudhanAr in His RaamAnusa NooRRandhAthi ( Paasuram 75) expresses His conviction along these lines:

Even if Sri RanganAthan appears before me with His divine disc and conch and says that He will not let Him go , even then , Oh RaamAnujA , I wont let You go .

Paayiram 34

kaNN avarayE kaaNum kaathu avar seerE kEtkum

yeNNam avar toll puhazhE yeNNum--tiNNam

KavivAdhi singak-kadavuLayE naNNI

aviyAtha kaathal adainthu

Kavi-Vaadhi singak-KadavuLayE NaNNi aviyAtha theerAtha Kaadhal adainthu= after approaching and being blessed with unquenchable love for the God revered as Kavi-Taarkika Simham ,

KaNN avarayE kaaNum , Kaathu avar seerE kEtkum, YeNNam avar tholl puhazhE YeNNUm , TiNNam = after being blessed with unshakable love for my Lord , Swamy Desikan , my eyes will only see Him ; my ears will only hear about His glories and my mind will only reflect on His Vaibhavam . This is for sure.

AzhwArs have instructed us about the importance of deflecting our indhriya Vishayams to the Lord :

KulasEkahra AzhwAr Mukunda Maalai :19

jihvE keertaya KESavam ,chEtO bhaja: Sridharam--PaaNi dhvandhva samarchaya;

Achyutha kathA: sRotra dhvaya Thvam SruNu , lOkaya lOchana dhavya

gacchAngri yugma Aalayam; jigra grANa MukundhapAdha TuLaseem ; mUrdhan nama:

(Meaning): Oh My tongue ! sing about Kesavan; Oh My Mind! You praise Him ; Oh My Pair of arms! Perform archanai for Him ; Oh My ears! Please hear stories about His Vaibhavam ; My pair of Eyes! Please feast on Him .Oh My pair of legs ! Please travel to His temple ; Oh My Nose ! Please smell the TuLasi adorned by Him . Oh My Head ! Please bow before Him .

It is even better to use all indhriyams to focus on the AchAryan in place of the EmperumAn according to Saastrams . Madhura Kavi and Amudhanar have sung about their Bahkthi to their AchAryans than for the Lord as being more important to them :

Madhura Kavi: KuruhUr Nampi yenRakkAl --amudhu Urum yenn naavukkE ; mEvinEn Avan Ponnadi ; KuruhUr Nampi Paavin Innisai Paadit-tirivanE( My mouth waters with nectar, when I utter th word , KuruhUr Nampi;

I have attained His golden feet ; I will send my time singing about he sweet paasurams of my Swami .

102nd Paasuram of Amudhanaar: " nayyum manam unn guNangaLai unni; yenn naa irunthu yemm Iyyan Raamaanusan yenRu azhaikkum --kaiyyum thozhum; kaNN karuthidum KaaNN "( My mind will melt over reflection on Your guNams; my tongue will keep calling Your name ; My hands will worship You with anjali Mudhraa ; My eyes will rest longingly on You ).

Paayiram 35:

adainthu maDa nenjE anbhAl Avanai

kidanthu malar adiyin keezhE --thodarnthu yenRum

thUya MalarcchOlai Soozh ThUpul nahar vanthu udhitta

MaayavanaiyE VaNangi vaazh

Here , the Kavi addresses his mind and says: " Please seek Swamy Desikan's Thiruvadi as Your refuge. Please hold on to them always ! That is the most auspicious things for You " . Oh my mind ! You have the nature to run from one object to the other as Sanchala Buddhi . I will reveal You some thing for Your good. Please listen . ThUppula grahAram became sacred because of His avatAram . The groves there became pure . The abundant flowers on those groves also became purified as a result of His avatAram . Swamy Desikan is endowed with mysterious power , which caused Him to create hundred plus grantams . Who else could create a Kaavyam of 1,000 slokams ( PaadhukA Sahasram) in one jaamam of the night ? Oh My mind ! Please offer Your worship lovingly to that generous and compassionate AchAryan . Please reflect on the glories of His sacred feet ! Seek them as Your refuge ! Spend Your life Holding on to those sacred feet ! That will ennoble You and Uplift YOu from this vile samSAram .

The prose order for this Paayiram is : " Mada nenjE ( oh My weak mind) ! ThUya malar sOlai soozh ThUppul Nahar vanthu uhittha MaayavanayE anbAl adainthu , malar adiyin keezhE kidanthu , avanai yenRum thodanrthu vaNangi Vaazh !

In this Paayiram also , the Poet points out that it is superior to worship the AchAryAn over the EmperumAn. The poet engages in devotion to AchAryan like the AzhwArs , who devoted themselves to ceaseless chintanam and worship of EmperumAn:

1) Swamy NammAzhwAr : ThiruvAimozhi: 1.10.4:

" NenjamE nallai nallai--malarAL MaNavALanai tunjum pOthum vidAthu thodar kaNDAi " ( Oh My Mind ! Youa re a very good one. Please enjoy the Lord even when I am sleeping or when I am no more and continue to enrich Yourself with that anubhavam ).

2) KulasEkhara AazhwAr : Mukunta Maalai : 38

namAmi NaarAyaNa paadha pankajam

karOmi NaarAyaNa poojanam sadhaa

vadhAmi NaarAyaNa naama nirmalam

smarAmi NaarAyaNa tattvam avyayam

(Meaning): adiyEn offers worship at the sacred feet of Sriman naarAyaNan . I perform AarAdhanam for Him . I utter His dhivya nAmams always. I meditate on on Him without let .

Thus , Mannappa IyengAr engages in celebration of His AchAryan just as the AzhwArs engaged in the total adoration of EmperumAn .

Swamy Desikan ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam ,

DhAsan , Oppiliappan Koil VaradAchAri Sadagopan

Dear BhakthAs of Swamy Desika :

The AabharaNam is two thirds completed now and we need your most welcome help to complete the rest of the one third work and get the AabharaNam ready for presentation to ThUppul Kula MaNi , Kavi Taarkika Simham , Sri VedAntha Desikan . Please support this Kaimkaryam and send your Tax free SamarpaNams to :

Nama Inc;

C/O Mrs. Nagu Satyan

7821 W.Alder Drive

Littleton , CO 80128-5522

Those in India can send your Tax Free SamarpaNams to :

Sri Krishnadhri Charities

C/O SrI V.N.Venkatanathan

25 Nachiappan St,

Mahalingapuram

Chennai 600 034

Your SamarpaNams will be acknowledged right away . Please copy adiyEn on Your samarpaNams to keep track of the progress towards Completion of the fund assembly for the Kaimkaryam .

Swamy Desikan ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam ,

DhAsan , Oppiliappan Koil VaradAchari Sadagopan