IndiaDivine.org

An Audio tape : Lecture Demonstration of the Ashta Prabhandham of Pillai PerumAL IyengAr & comments on SaraNAgathy Gadhyam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

SrI:

Dear AastheekAs :

I am delighted to let you know that I discovered from my Musical Tape archives a 20 year old audio tape containing Lecture demo excerpts from the Ashta Prabhandhams of Dhivya Kavi PiLLai PerumAL IyengAr sung by Oppiliappan Koil VidhvAmsini , Srimathy Padma Veeraraghavan .

In between the brisk rendering of the fast paced singing of more than 15 to 20 songs from the Ashta Prabhandham by Srimathy Padma Veeraraghavan and her students , I noticed that I have introduced each of these songs and provided an introduction to SaraNAgathy Gadhyam and its connection to Panguni Uttiram Serthi ( Maanaseeka Unjal) Sevai .

It is a 90 minute magnetic tape , which has to undergo some noise reduction treatment during rerecording because of its vintage quality . Hope to get done soon and make it available for Sri Ranganatha and Malola BhakthAs because of the upcoming Aasrama Sweekara Utsavam of the Bhavishyath Azhagiya Singar on Friday , May 8 , Sri Nrisimha Jayanthi day as a part

of the special releases of the three new ebooks :

1. SaraNAgathy Gadhyam : Srutha PrakAsa AchAryar's commentary from original Text of Sriman K. BhAshyam from his 1950 release

2. Abheeti StaBakam of Sri Lakshmi Sahasram and its links to Sawmy Desikan's Abheeti Stavam

3. Sri Nrisimha Taapaneeya Upanishad & Sri Mantra Raaja Padha stOtram

The English version of Saranagathy Gadhyam with Periya VaacchAn PiLLais' commentary-- released earlier by Sriman Sridhar of Srirangam in NamperumAL Vijayam---

will also be released during May to join with the earlier releases on Sriranga Gadhyam and Sri VaikunTha Gadhyam , Sri VaikunTha stavam archived in Srihayagrivan and Sri Ahobilavalli ebook series:

http://www.srihayagrivan.org

http://www.ahobilavalli.org

May I request Sri Matam SishyAs and abhimAnis to support one or more of the seven

Remaining days of this Year's ChAthurmAsyam at Ahobila Matam and recieve the dhivya anugraham of Malolan and His dhivya PadhukA SEvakars ? Please contact me

if you wish to take part in this Year's ChaathurmAsya Kaimkaryam .

Also ,Please let me know if you wish to acquire a copy of the Ashta Prabhandham/ Desika Prabhandham audio tape for your libraries . I will plan on making a few copies

for distribution .

NamO Sri NrisimhAya,

Oppiliappan Koil V.Sadagopan