IndiaDivine.org

Krishnakarnamrtham-slokas76 to 80

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

76. DhenupaaladhayithaasthanasThaleeDhanyakumkumasanaaThakaanthaye

veNugeethagathimoolaveDhase thejase thadhidham om namo namaH

Salutations again to Krishna whose chest is shining with the kumkum from that of the gopis,and who is the first creator of the nuances of music through his playing on the flute as he is the source of pranava itself.

Krishna , being the supremepurusha, is the source of Pranava from which the whole universe of sound, sabdhabrahman, arose. This is denoted by referring to him as the prime creator of the nuances of music that came from his flute,veNugeethagathimoolavedhas .He is now playing with the gopis like a cowherd boy and the kumkum on their chest is smeared on his chest when they embrace him.

77.mrdhukvaNan noopura manThareNa baalena paadhaambujapallavena

anukvaNan manjula venugeetham aayaathi me jeevitham aattha keli

Krishna who is my dearest life, is coming towards me, dancing , aattakeli. the anklets, noopura, on his small lotus-like feet, paadhaambujapallava, sounding softly, mrdhukvaNan, accompanied by the beautiful music from his flute, anukvaNan manjulaveNugeetham.

The four slokas starting with this one describe Krishna coming towards Leelasuka.

Krishna is coming with his dancing steps, and his anklets are sounding softly. The flute and the anklets are in perfect accompaniment. This recalls to the mind the song by oothukadu venkata subbaier, `aadaadhu aSangaadhu vaa kaNNa,' which shows that the experience of all the devotees are the same.He says to Krishna, `come to me without too much dancing or else some may cast their evil eyes on you." This song, which is a beautiful composition describing the scene which is refereed to here, contains a line `chinnamchiru padhangaL Silambolitthidume, adahi Sevimadutthaa piravi manam kaLitthidume.' It means the anklets on your small feet make sound and our lives become fruitful on hearing it.

Desika in his Gopalavimsathi says that the flute accompanies the sound of the bracelets of the gopis.

Jayathi lalithavrtthim sikshithO vallaveenAm

SiThilavalayaSinjASeethalairhasthathAlAih

akhilabhuvanarakshAvEshagOpasyaVishnOh

aDHaramaNisuDHAyAm amSavAn vENunAlah (gopalavimsati-16)

The flute at the gemlike lips of Krishna, the saviour of the whole world who has assumed the disguise of a cowherd, shine well, being taught of the dance of lalithavrtthi by the loose bangles worn by the coolhands of the gopis. The dance of the svaras that flow out of the flute was set to the thala of the sound of the bangles.This is just to show the bhakthavAthsalya of the Lord.

78.soayam vilaasa muralee ninaadhaamrthena

sinchan udhanchitham mamakarnayugmam

aayaathi me nayanabanDhuH ananyabanDhuh

aanandha kandhalitha keli kataakshalakshmeeH

Krishna is coming towards me, drenching my two eager ears, with his nectarine music, with his glances glorious with bubbling joy, binding the eyes is he who is the one and only close relative to all.

Krishna advances l playing his flute, and the eager ears, udhanchithakarNayugalam, of Leelasuka is drenched with the nectarine music, muraleeninaadhamrtham. The glances of Krishna is beautiful expressing the joy that bubbles within, aanandhakandhalithakataakshalakshmeeH, the joy that is the bliss of Brahman, brahmaanandha. He binds the eyes of the onlooker, nayanabanDhu, by his appearance so that it is not possible to look anywhere else. He is the real close relative, ananyabanDhu who persists through all our lives.

The word banDhu is derived as baDhnaathi ithi , one who binds and hence here nayanbanDhu means that he binds the eyes which are fastened on him. anayabanDhu means he is the reltive of those who do not care for any other.

79.dhooraathvilikayathi vaaranakhelagaamee

dhaaraakataakshabharithena vilokanena

aaraadhupaithi hrdhayangamaveNunaadha

veNeedhughena dhasanaavaraNenadhevah

Krishna is looking at me from afar,walking like a playful elephant, his eyes wide with continous flow of glances, his lips beautiful sednig out continous music through the flute which is enchanting to the heart.

Krishna was walking towards Leelasuka and looks at him from a distance, dhooraath vilokayathi..His gait is like a playful elephant, vaaranakhelagaamee.

His contionous looks, dhaaraakataaksha, fall on the devotees like a shower. He is playing the flute, the music of which flows from his lips and enters the heart, hrdhayangamaveNunaadha.

80. thribhuvansarasaabhyaam dheepthabhooshaapadhaabhyaam

dhrSi dhrSi SiSiraabhyaam dhivyaleelaakulaabhyaam

aSaraNaSaraNaabhyaam adhbhuthaabhyaam padhaabhyaam

ayam ayam anukoojath veNuraayaathi dhevaH

Krishna is walking with his twofeet, playing the flute. His feet are the resort of those who have no other refuge and they are wonderful with shining ornaments, and most thrilling in all the threeworlds, and give comfort every moment to those who look at them, remembering their divine sports.

In this sloka, Krishana has come near and Leelasuka is enjoying the beauty of his feet. They are adorned with shining anklets,dheepthabhooshaa, and merely by looking at them the devotee gets comfort,dhrSi dhrSi SiSira, because it reminds one of the divine sports he engaged in, dhivyaleelaakula, in order to protect his devotees like roaming around in Brindavan, lifting the ovardhana, killing the asuras, going as an envoy to help the Pandavas etc., thus beingthe refuge of the distressed and hence there is nothing more enchanting than his feet in all the three worlds, thribhuvanasarasa.