IndiaDivine.org

Krishnakarnamrtham-slokas70 to75

Rate this topic

Guest guest

70. aandholithaagrabujam aakula nethraleelam

aardhram smithaardhram vadhanaambuja chandhrabimbam

SinjaanabhooshaNaSathamSikhipicChamoulim

Seetham vilochanarasaayanam abhyupaithi

An elixir to the eyes is approaching me, swinging his arms, moving his eyes, his face lookin cool anf fresh like the lotus and the moon with his heart-melting smile, wearing peacock feather on his head and various ornaments on his body, pleasing to the mind.

Visualising Krishna walking towards him Leelasuka describes him. He is coming with his arms swinging, aandholithaagrabhujam. Looking around, aakulanethraleelam, he gives asmile which melts the heart, aardhram smitham, that makes his lotus like face, vadhanaambujam, cool and comforting like the moon, aardhrachandhrabimbam. He is decorated with hundeds odfornaments that make jingling sound, SinjaanabhooshaNaSatham. To top all this he is wearing thepeacock feather on his head, which heightens the beauty. Such a picture of Krishna is a veritable rasayana for the eyes. He is indeed the rasaayana, rasaanaam ayanam, abode of all rasa, sentiments or the essence of joy. He is the manifestation of Brahman of the Upanishads of whom it is said `raso vai saH, rasam hyevaayamlabDhvaa aanandhee bhavathi' meaning, `he is the rasa itself obtaining which one becomes joyful.'

71.paSupaalbaalaparishadvibhooshaNam

SiSuresha SeethalavilolalochanaH

mrdhulasmithaardhram vadhnendhusampadhaa

madhayan madheeyahrdhayamvigaahathe

This child Krishna, who I like the ornament of the gopa youngsters, with his cool glances, with his moon-like face that shines with tender smile, entered into my heart and enchants me.

Krishna is the ornament, vibhooshaNam, of the whole group of cowherd boys, paSuabaalaparishad. His cool glances, Seethavilochana, his gentle smile, mrdhulasmitha, which is comforting,aardhram and his face like the moon, vadhnendhu, with all this wealth of attributes he has enterd deep intothe mind of the devotee and gives joy. The heart of a devotee is like an ocean which contains the treasures of the attributes and the form of the Lord.

As desika said in his vairagyasathaka, `asthi me hasthisailaagre vasthu paithaamaham Dhanam,' the Lord is the most valuable treasure for the devotee, which is protected at the heart like the pearls and other gems are inside the ocean.

72.thadhidham upanatham thamaalaneelam

tharaLavilochanathaarakaabhiraamam

mudhitha mudhitha vakthra chandhrabimbam

mukharithaveNuvilaasajeevitham me

This form of Krishna, blue like the thamalaflower, beautiful with the eyes that move enchantingly,the face like the moon creating waves of joy, giving life to the music that arises from the flute placed on his mouth, is appearing before me.

Leelasuka visualizes the form of Krishna in front. He is blue like the thamaala flower, ,tamaalaneelam, his eyes are enchanting, abhiraamam, with the ever moving eyeballs, tharala vilochanthaarakam, his moon-like face creates waves of joy, mudhith mudhitha vakthraachandhrabimbam and his flute placed sends out sweet music which is himself, mukharithaveNuvilaasajeevitham, which is now wonder because he is gaanamurthy, embodiment of music.

73. chaapalyaseema chapalaanubhavaikaseema

chaathuryaseema chathuraananaSilpaseema

sourabhyaseema sakalaadhbhutha keliseema

soubhaagyaseema thadhidham vrajabhaagyaseema

This is the boundary of, playfulness, joy of Lakshmi, smartness, the creative ability of Brahma, fragrance,wonderful actions,beautyand the fortune of the people of ayarpadi.

Leelasuka says that Krishna is outside limit, seemaa, of all that is glorious and wonderful. His playful movements,chaapalya, clever and smart words and deeds,chaaturya, his actions that create wonder, sakalaadbhuthakeli, his beauty and the fragrance of the flowers, sandal paste etc he wears on his body,sourabhya, all this are the result of the good fortune of the people of Gokulam, soubhaagya, and is beauty is the utmost limit of the creative ability of Brahma, chathuraananSilpa if not exceeding it because he created himself. The Lord is also the boundary of joy to Lakshmi who is known as chapala or fickle, as the wealth never stays for long and Lakshmi stands for wealth, though for the devotees she is the divine mother who stays always with the Lord.

74.maaDhuryeNa dhviguNaSiSiram vakthrachandhram vahanthee

vamSee veeThee vigalath amrthasrothasaH sechayanthee

madhvaaNeenaam viharaNapadham matthasoubhaagyabhaajaam

mathpuNyaanaam pariNathirahonethrayoh sanniDhatthe

The result of my punya which have attained fruition, has appeared before my eyes, with his moonlike face, doubly sweet with its cool comfort, showering thefileld of my words with the flow of nectar arising in waves from his flute.

Leelasuka was able to see Krishna now and he exclaims about his good fortune,matthasoubhaagyabaajaam. It is due to the fruition of his punyas, mathpunyaanaam parinathih, he says, that the form of Krishna appears in front of his eyes, nethrayoH sanniDhatthe. His moon-like face,vakthrachandhram, is doubly comforting,dhvigunaSisiram, with his cool glances and sweet words,maadhuryeNa and the nectarine music, amrthasrothas, that flows from his flute emerges in waves, vamSeeveeThee, and engulfs the field of eloquence, madhvaaNeenaamviharaNapadham, of Leelasuka, meaning that the music is the inspiration behind his poetry.

75.thejase asthu namo Dhenupaaline lokao paaline

raaDhaapayoDharothsanga Saayinee SeshaSaayine

salutations to the light that is Krishna, who is the protector of cows as well as the world, who rests on radha as joyfully as on Sesha.

His sloka is referring to the parathva of Krishna by the mention of his dhenupaalana along with his lokapalaana. The one who protects the whole world and who reclines on the bed of Ashisesha, seshasaayee , Lord Narayana is none other than Ktishna who looks after the cows and revels in the love of Radha, raadhaapayodharotthsangasaayee.. On seeing Krishna in front, Leealsuka bows down to him.