IndiaDivine.org

Booklet: 'Origin & Growth of Ahobila Mutt'

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Group members

Recently someone brought to my notice an unfortunate book titled 'Origin & Growth of Ahobila Mutt' which is available on the link below:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/1083957/Origin-growth-ahobila-mutt

The book it seems was published in 2005 and has been written with a deliberate attempt to malign Shri Ahobila Matam, Parakala Matam and Desika Sampradayam. I read the arguments by the author and noticed that the conclusions and inferences drawn by him can logically be refuted (leave alone the facts) using the same deductive reasoning that the author employs to prove his arguments! that is based on simple 'Tarkams' the book's internal inconsistency can be easily established (even before giving any factual eidence to the contrary)

My first reaction to the book was to say 'it doesn't matter - let people say what they have to' - but I personally feel that this book has been written with a deliberate intention to defame our great institutions.

The idea of this posting is not to generate an unwanted controversy - but to know if there has been an official response to this book which lacks any substance in the first place. Given that this link is there for all to see and has to date approximately has had 2500+ viewings, our silence on this matter could be miscontrued by the miscreants and hence this post. It seems that the author takes a great pleasure in committing 'Bhagavatha Apacharam'.

If there hasn't been an official rebuttal, let us try & put together a scientific, un emotional, factual, point by point polite but firm response atleast for the benefit for our members in these forums. Let us not indulge in unwanted remarks and keep our responses only against the issues raised by the booklet.

If there already has been a formal response, there's no further deliberation required. Can anyone pls send me a copy of the same.

Best regards

Dasan

Ramji