IndiaDivine.org

Thiruvaimozi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

eedum eduppum il eesan maadu vidaadhu en mananE

paadum en naa avan paadal aadum en angam aNangE

My mind does not depart from the Lord who does not show acceptance or rejection towards anyone. My tongue sings only His praise and my limbs are dancing like a dancer to the tune.

All the three karaNas , namely body, mind and intellect are always engrossed in Him, says the Azvar. His tongue is singing His praise and the limbs are dancing to the tune, thus bodily engaged in worshipping the Lord when the mind and intellect naturally become engrossed in the same.

Azvara says that the Lord doe not abandon any one or welcome anyone as all are the same for Him. He is not overly please with praise nor displeased with the absence of it like a mother to whom the child that shows love externally and the one who does not demonstrate her love are equally dear.

aNangena aadum en angam vaNangi vazipadum eeSan

piNangi amarar pidhatRum guNangezu koLgaiyinaanE

The Lord, whom my limbs are dancing like a danseuse is the one whom the eternal beings are arguing in trying to describe His qualities.

As no one could fathom His greatness even the eternal souls called the nithyasooris, like Garuda, Anantha and others are not able to arrive at a conclusion in describing His infinite auspicious qualities and wrangle among themselves.

koLgai koLaamai ilaadhaan engal iraagam ilaadhaan

viLgai viLLaamai virumbi uL kalandhaarkku Or amudhe

He has no distinction towards His devotees, looking favourably at the service of some and ignoring others as He has attachment or indifference towards none. He considers all, whether they come to Him for specific results or because they want Him only and nothing else, equally and towards the ones who wish to attain Him alone He becomes the highest enjoyment.

The Lord has said in the Gita, `samo aham sarvabhootheshu na Me dhveshyoasthi na priyaH.' All are equal to Him and there is no partiality. But then why does He punish the wrong doers? It is because Hs retribution is for redemption he punishes not out of hatred or enmity but only o reform the wrongdoers who would not change otherwise. The doctor gives different treatment to different diseases and he could not be charged with partiality when in some cases amputation of eh limb is the only treatment while in some others the affected limb can be made right by other treatment.

Similarly the Lord gives what ever one asks for and does not reject those who wish for the paltry things as compared with the wise who wish for attainment of His feet alone. He says in the Gita, `chathurviDhaabajanthe maam,' there are four kinds of devotees , the one who pray for relief from worldly suffering, one who asks for the fulfillment of his desires, one who seeks knowledge and the wise who seeks liberation. "But all are dear to me ,' He says. But Azvar says that to those who want Him alone He is the greatest nectar-like object of enjoyment.