Bhagavat gita adetailed study-chapter 9 -Brahmavidya the royal secret

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

34.manmanaabhava madhbhaktho madhyaajee maam

namaskuru

maameva eshyasi yukthvaa evam aathmaanam

mathparaayaNaH

"Focus your mind on Me; be My devote; be My worshipper. Bow down to Me. Engaging your mind in this manner on Me as the supreme goal you will come to Me."

Krishna ends the discourse on Brahmavidhya or rajavidhya by describing the nature of bhakthi.

manmanaa bhava- with the mind always engrossed in the Lord. What has been said in the chapter so far is reiterated here. ananyaaH chinthayantho maam (sl.22) is the explanation of manmanaabhava. This is the qualifying term for the next word madhbhakthaH, the devotee, who has been described in the sloka 17 as sathatham keerthayantho maam. The true devotee not only thinks of the Lord always but also talks and sings of nothing but Him ,as described in the next chapter macchitthaah madhgathaH praanaaH (10.9)

madhyaajee- they offer everything to the Lord as made out in the sloka 17, yathkaroshi yadhaSnaasi, earlier in the chapter.

maam namaskuru maameva eshyasi- What has been said in the earlier sloka 25 is repeated here that those who worship the Lord attains Him because it is the real goal of a devotee, who is termed as mathparayaNaH, who integrates his body, mind and intellect on the Lord, yukthvaa enam aathmaanam.

Bhishma in expounding the Vishnusahsaranama, answers he question of Yudhishtira `Kimekam daivatham loke kimvaapyekam paraayanam,' who is the supreme deity and which is the supreme goal, by saying that Lord Narayana, (the Brahman of visishtadvaita,) is the paramam paraayanam He is pavithraanaam pavithram, purity in the pure things, because the holiness of the water like that of the Ganges is only through His association and He is the auspiciousness, mangalam of the auspicious, mangalaanaam. He is daivathaanaam daivatham, the divinity in the divine beings because He is the creator bhoothaanaam avyayafpitha. Hence He is the paramamparaayanam, the supreme goal.