IndiaDivine.org

krishankarnamrtham-slokas43 to47

Rate this topic

Guest guest

43.aabhyaam vilochanaabhyaam ambujadhalalalitham lochanam baalam

dhvaabhyaam api parirabDhum dhoore mama hantha dhaivasaamagree

I wish to embrace the child –Krishna , having eyes like th elouspetals, with my two eyes. But far is the divine grace for me to do so.

Leelasuka expresses his wish to embrace Krishna appearing as a child,baalam, with his eyes resembling the petals of lotuses,ambujadhalalalitham. It is not possible to do so by his arms since the divine form is not gross like ours. So he wants to embrace him, parirabDhum with his two eyes, aabhyaam dhvaabhyaam vilochanaabhyaam serving as his arms but even that is not possible ,he laments,hantha,, because he lacks the divine grace to do so as the form of the Lord is not appearing in front, dhoore mamadhaivasaamagree, because this divine experience seems to be far away for him.

44.aSraanthasmitham aruNaaDharoshTam

harshaardhradhviguNamanojnaveNugeetham

vibhraamyath vipula vilochanaarDhamugDham

veekshishye thava vahanaambujam kadhaa nu

When indeed am I going to see your lotus-like face with its everlasting smile on the red -red lips, giving out the music of the flute which is doubly attractive due to the joy expressed through it, and with eyes half closed and incessantly moving and wide?

The face of Krishna is aSraanthasmitham, with uninterrupted smile. In the whole of Krishnavathara it is difficult to imagine Krishna not smiling wherever He is and whatever He does, unlike in other avatharas, where one could imagine the Lord showing anger at least, and in Ramavatara one could see Rama showing all the nine rasas on different occasions.

His lower lip, aDharoshTam, are redder than the red, aruNaaruNaaDharam, and the venugeetham that comes out of his lips is doubly fascinating because of the quality of the music and also due to the joy expressed through it.

The eyes of Krishna is half closed and hence more beautiful, arDhamugDham, in the ecstasy of the music and it is incessantly moving, vibhraamyath, and wide, vipula.

The doubt that may arise is , if the eyes are half closed how can they be described as wide, vipula? His eyes are not half-closed in the ordinary sense of the term but it is half-closed because it is full of mercy. Hence it is wide.

Leelasuka exclaims that when he is going to see the face of the Lord as described.

45. leelaayathaabhyaam rasaSeethalaabhyaam

neelaaruNaabhyaam nayanaambujaabhyaam

aalokayeth adhbhuthavibramaabhyaam

baalaH kadhaa kaaruNikaH kiSoraH

When will the playful but merciful Krishna look at me with His eyes, that are enchanting and moving, dark and red at the ends, cool with mercy .

Leelasuka wishes that even if he cannot see Krishna at least Krishna would see Him because He is kaaruNika, full of mercy, though he seems to be just a kiSora, playful boy. His eyes are wide with playfulness, leelaayatha, like that of a child but His glances are cool and merciful, raaSeethala, to the devotee giving solace from the heat of the samsara. His eyeballs are dark and at the ends the eyes are red like a lotus, neelaaruNa, thus signifying beauty, and also they move enchantingly, adhbhuthavibhrama.

46.Bahulachikurabhaaram baDdhapicchaavathamsam

chapala chapala nethram chaarubimbaaDharoshTam

maDhura mrdhulahaasam mandharodhaaraleelam

mrgayathi nayanam me mugDhavesham muraareH

My eyes are searching for the enchanting form of Krishna, mughavesham muraareH, with His abundant tresses, bahulachikurabhaaram, decorated with the peacock feathers,badDhapicChavathamsam, with His eyes always dancing here and there,chapalachapalanethram, with His lower lip red like the bimbafruit, chaarubimbaaDharoshTam,sporting a sweet and charming smile, while His actions though seem to be playful, are capable of bestowing everything like the celestial wish-giving tree.

47.bahulajaladhacChaayaa choram vilaasabharalasam

madhaSikhiSikhaa leelotthamsam manojna mukhaambujam

kamapi kamalaapaangodhgraprapannajagajjitham

maDhurimapareepaakodhrekam vayam mrgayaamahe

We seek Him , who has appropriated the hue of the dark clouds,, bahula jaladhacChaayachoram, who shines out of abundance of joy, vilaasabharalasam who is wearing the feather of a hefty peacock playfully on his head,madhaSikhiSikhaaleelotthamsam, whose face is enchantingly beautiful like a lotus, manojnamukhaambujam, who is the abode of abundant sweeteness, maDhurimapareepaakodhrekam,who is won over by the world of prapannas, who are blessed with the side-long glance of Lakshmi, kamalaapaangodhagraprapannajagajjitham.

The prapannas are those who have surrendered to the Lord, and this happens only due to the kataaksha of Lakshmi. Here what is meant is the purushakaara of Thayaar, without whose glance the grace of the Lord cannot be had. This has been emphasized by Desika and azvars.