IndiaDivine.org

Vegetarian explanation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sat Nam. The way I understand the reason for being vegetarian is that unlike carnivorous creatures, such as lions and tigers, the human does not have fangs and claws, and does not have a short intestinal tract to make digestion fast. Digesting meat, although possible for a human, leaves a residue of uric acid in the bloodstream (which is a carcinogenic). I tell anyone who asks, "I don't eat anything that had a mother." (smile) or, "I don't eat anything that could, if still alive, swim, jump, run, or fly off my plate. (another smile.) My personal experience with becoming a vegetarian began years before I discovered Kundalini Yoga, when it was suggested to me that my health might improve if I stopped eating meat. (I was about 24) I stopped. It did. As for the "interview" I also know from experience that things one can say to reporter can come out in the printed article sort of well, like, kind of not exactly what was actually said! Let's give Bibiji a break on this -- she most likely meant to say that we don't kill animals for food.