IndiaDivine.org

Fw: Dr. Bibiji Inderjit Kaur named New Mexico Representative and Ambassador to India ( My Mother )

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

For Immediate Release Dr. Bibiji Inderjit Kaur officially namedNew Mexico Representative and Ambassadorto India OnMarch 6th, 2007 Dr. Bibiji Inderjit Kaur was appointed as representativeand ambassador to India by Bill Richardson, the Governor of New Mexicoand USA presidential candidate for 2008. Bill Richardson in his directivewrote: “Dr. Kaur’s charge as my representative shall include speakingon behalf of the State’s interest as directed by my office, promotionof the State of New Mexico and acting as New Mexico’s official representativein governmental meetings. Please regard Dr. Kaur as you would me in yourdealings between the State of New Mexico and India, its states and cities.â€This is the first time anyone has been appointed as an ambassador fromNew Mexico to India. Affectionately known as “Bibiji,†she isthe wife of the late beloved Yogi Bhajan, who was the Siri Singh Sahibof Sikh Dharma. In 1990 she was recognized as the ‘Outstanding Woman inNew Mexico’ by the then Governor Bruce King’s Commission on the Statusof Women, following which, she was inducted into the New Mexico Hall ofFame. In 2006 Bibji was named New Mexico’s Ambassador of Peace by SenatorShannon Robinson. Media Contact:Mikki Anayamandm505-920-0021Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA