IndiaDivine.org

Sikh contributor on Newsweek Blog

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sat Nam

Hope Sikhism gets represented

With Prayers Abound---------- Forwarded message ----------wowguru2000 <wowguru2000

13 Mar 2007 20:09:54 -0700[learning-zone] Sikh contributor on Newsweek Bloglearning-zone

http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/onfaith/2006/11/all_on_faith_paneli

sts/comments.htmlDear Sadh Sangat,Above is the blog by Newsweek regarding religions. Contributors from all walks of lives/religions are there except a SIKH. I emailed the producer twice. Still no action. We need sikh contributors/participants in all facets of the societies no matter where we live.I would request the Sadh Sangat to fill the producer's email box with the requests demanding a sikh contributor and lets not stop till it is taken care of. Please send this post to all Sikh forums.TejwantFollowing is my email exchange:-Dear Ms. Murphy,Unfortunately still no Sikh commentator?One wonders why this delay in the society where all religions are welcome!Hope to hear from you soon.RegardsTeji Malik>TejiMalik <

tejimalik>Jan 13, 2007 5:03 PM>Caryle Murphy <Caryle.Murphy

>>RE: Sikh commentator>>Dear Ms. Murphy,>>Just wanted to know any progress in finding a sikh commentator? I hv found somenew commentators on your blog but no sikh.. I was wondering why the delay??>>Teji>>>>Caryle Murphy <

Caryle.Murphy>>Dec 12, 2006 1:29 PM>>TejiMalik <tejimalik

>>>RE: Sikh commentator>>>>Dear Mr. Malik,>> Thank you for your note. Our panel is still being assembled. We do>>want Sikh participation. I appreciate your sending us a recommendation.>>Caryle Murphy>> >>>>>>TejiMalik [

tejimalik] >>Tuesday, December 12, 2006 2:37 PM>>Caryle Murphy>>Cc:

tejimalik>Sikh commentator>>>>Caryle Murphy,>>>> My name is Teji Malik.>> >>I like this faith section of Newsweek, however I am bewildered to see>>that there is not even one SIKH commentator in your forum.I am sure it>>is just an oversight.>>As you may know Sikhism is the 5th largest religion ( more a way of life>>based on pragmatism rather than dogmas with subjective truths).

>>>>Therefore I would like you to consider Dr. I.J.Singh who is a sikh>>scholar alongwith many other things, to add his 2 cent from Sikhi point>>ofview in your forum. Below is a bit about Dr. Singh:

>>>>I J. Singh, DDS, PhD is a professor of anatomy at New York University.>>He is a frequent contributor on matters affecting Sikhs and Sikhism,>>particularly in the diaspora. He serves on the Editorial Board of the>>Sikh Review (Calcutta), and has published four collections of essays on>>Sikhs and Sikhism, that have been well received:>>>> Sikhs and Sikhism: A View With a Bias, 1994, 1998

>>>> The Sikh Way: A Pilgrim's Progress, 2001>>>> Being & Becoming a Sikh, 2003>>>> The World According to Sikhi, 2006 >>>>Dr. Singh can be reached at " Inder J. Singh " ijs1>>>>>>>Hope to hear from you.>>>>Thanks and regards

>>>>Teji>>