Yourself to Your Ten Bodies " , " Kriya for Elevation " , " Kriya for

Morning Sadhana " , " Exercise Set for the Kidneys " , " Kriya for Disease

Resistance " and " Surya Kriya " as appropriate sets for beginners. Can

anyone please share with me other examples of sets appropriate for

beginners, the books they can be found in and where the books can be

purchased. Thank you so very much!

- Siri Chand Kaur

Guest guest

Sat Nam. There is a manual called "Tool Kit for Teaching Beginners" that I put together a few years ago when I found that many Kundalini Yoga teachers wanted some guidance in this area. You can get it from Ancient Healing Ways (www.a-healing ) and/or KRI (I think their website is www.kriteachings.org ) The tool kit has a complete plan for a a series of six Beginners classes. Having specialized in teaching beginners since 1969, I might also suggest that you can cut down the time of each the exercises in the Kriyas you've listed. In other words, if the instructions call for 3 minutes, it's OK to have the students do it for 1 minute. The guiding principle is that you can always have them do something for LESS time, but never extend the time beyond what is specified. (That holds true for advanced students as well. Times listed indicate the maximum.) I remember the class. when we were all beginners, in which Yogi Bhajan first taught Sat Kriya, he had us do it for 45 seconds only! (I was taking notes in those days.) Also, be sure to have students remain motionless after each exercise (even if it's not specified) for a short period of time in order to integrate the glandular secretions that have been stimulated during the exercise. Unless of course the instructions say something to indicate they should go immediately to the next exercise. Also, my book KUNDALINI YOGA: The Flow of Eternal Power includes several sets of exercises that you can use. Really, the difference between a beginner and an advanced student is pretty much endurance, so the same exercises, by adjusting the length of time makes it doable for everyone. Blessings! SP