IndiaDivine.org

Yoga for jet lag

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I was traveling rather consistently in jets for about 25 years up until a couple of years ago. Prior to the ban on bringing liquids on board I used to prepare a several liter "concoction" of fresh juices that I felt allowed me to "almost" hit the ground running-depending on the length of the trip. (I wasn't good for much yoga, if any, the morning after a trip more than about 2-3 hours.) I'd combine celery (about one half the entire volume,) then spinach, beet, carrot, parsley, a bit of apple and lots of ginger-mostly or all organic. It was important to drink  lots of water with the juice as otherwise it can make the body too acid-I believe. I submitted this to "Budget Travel Magazine" tips at one point in time, but they never responded (too healthfoodish maybe for them!) Good health and blessings, Jot Singh It's not the life that matters-It's the courage you bring to it.The Three Laws of ProsperityBe kind to everyoneNever speak ill of anyoneNever speak ill of yourselfYogi Bhajanwww.khalsakirpans.comwww.lifeknives.com

Guest guest

Aside from keeping my yoga practice going, and doing a lot of breathing and

stretching exercises in the plane, I use this homeopathic tablets

appropriately called 'No Jet-Lag', which you can find at most health food

stores. Here is the link to their website:

http://www.nojetlag.com/

I do a lot of traveling all around the world, and these tablets definitely

make a difference.

Enjoy your travels!

Claire aka Sarabjot Kaur

Guest guest

Sat Nam,

One of my favorite yoga sets to do when

arriving in a new timezone is the classic 'ten bodies.' It helps

to integrate 'all of my bodies' into a new place. Also stretch pose

(setting my navel) is an essential for me when traveling.

Blessings,

Panch Nishan Kaur

International Community Relations

Assistant Secretary General

505-367-1333

Guest guest

This is a meditation you can do for grounding after getting off a plane. It works!

Point your first finger and hold the others down with your thumb. Chant Sa ta nam, sa ta nam, wah he guru, wah he guru. On Sa and wah, your tips of first fingers touch in front of the heart center. on nam and guru, your finger tips touch the floor.-out to the sides so your elbows are straight.The pace is about one touch per second. Eyes look at tip of nose. Continue for 11 minutes

Guest guest

There is a theory that one of the causes of jet lag is being too far away from the natural earth fruequency. Astronauts also have a similar problem. This can be counteracted and repaired using the natural earth fequency (with a device that generates it).

However since most of us cannot take with us on a flight, the natural earth frequency, some options are to align the bodies, clear the chakras, re-atune with the earth when we land. Get close to the earth i.e. walk/sit in a park, your back yard, wherever you can, tune into and appreciate nature. Waterfalls also help, with the negatively ionised water spray. You could also experiment by taking with you on a flight, your favourite earth landscape picture and tuning into that from time to time, see if that helps you.

Also, the scent of grapefruit essential oil is good for jet lag, as it helps to revive the weary traveller!