IndiaDivine.org

Spiritual Name in Gurmukhi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sat nam, ji!I need some assistance and am hoping that I can find it here...I would like to have my spiritual name (Guru Rakha Kaur) written inGurmukhi. My intuition tells me that someone here might be able tohelp me with that . If so, please email me at kmarescaand we can discuss the most efficient way for me to receive this fromyou (scan and email, fax, etc).Thank you all for being such inspirational souls. Wahe Guru! In peace and community,Guru Rakha KaurKRI Certified TeacherWashington, DC

Guest guest

Guru Rakha Kaur - Do you mean in Gurmukhi or Sanskrit? I would also like to see my name written, but I would like to see the Sanskrit symbols for it if anyone out there knows how I find that, I would appreciate it greatly.

Guru Jiwan Kaur

Corrales, New Mexico

"Time and space and the breath of life are the living triangle of life. Every process is a moment. Every moment is a process." ~Yogi Bhajan

Guest guest

Dear Guru Jiwan Kaur:

Your name is a punjabi name, written in gurmuki, not sanskrit, so is

Guru Rakha Kaur's.

You can find gurmuki scripts by googling for it on the internet. I

have not found an easy way to find the scripts for particular names,

but some names are available in both english and gurmuki by googling

for " Sikh names and meaning " .

Blessings, Awtar

>

> Do you mean in Gurmukhi or Sanskrit?

> Guru Jiwan Kaur

Guest guest

SAT NAM JI! I hope be usefull for you. I learn a few of gurmukhi script last year and… When I received your e-mail about how to write your spiritual name in gurmukhi my thoughts started running so this is the result: Dear GURU JIWAN KAUR: the translation of words is difficult (for me)becouse sometimes if you observe the original one (in gurmukhi) you can find some changes. I have seen written Jiwan like Jiiwan(i), so your name would be gurU jIvix kOr Dear GURU RHAKA KAUR: We are in the same case, Rakha as Raakhaa, the result would be

gurUu rwKw kOr It is easier if you only want a phonetic translation but do it properly is difficult If you don’t have a bigger knowledge. I think this translation is right but if someone has another information please tell me. Does anyone know if exists a gurmukhi dictionary? Peace to all, Life to all, Love to all. Sat Avtar Kaur (Spain)

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.Llamadas a fijos y móviles desde 1 céntimo por minuto.http://es.voice.

Guest guest

Sat Nam,

The correct Gurumukhi spelling for Guru Rakkha Kaur’s name came from a Punjabi-English dictionary.

I work from Punjabi to English, Hindi to English as well as the Dictionary of Guru Granth Sahib. Some Urdu versions are to be found in an Urdu nitnem if the word occurs in the Banis.

If anyone wishes to see the Gurmukhi, Devanagari or Urdu spelling of their name, they may respond to sender with their spiritual name and mailing address.

Loving Blessings,

Guruprem Kaur

Guest guest

Dear Guru Rakha Kaur and everyone interested:

The following is a response concerning whether the Gurmukhi script is

available on the 3HO web site. Blessings, Awtar Singh

Sat Nam ji,

Nirinjan Kaur has asked me to contact you. You asked Sat Kirpal Kaur

if Gurumukhi script is on the 3HO web site and the answer is no.

However, you are welcome to contact me for help if you like. We do

have Gurumukhi fonts set up on our computer and we can write out

Spiritual Names in Gurumukhi for you. It is very slow and we would be

able to do it on a limited basis. Not too many.

I have asked if there is another website to help you and you might try

sikhnames.com. I have looked at it and their help will be limited.

I hope all this helps.

Blessings

Ram Dass Singh Khalsa

RamDassSingh