IndiaDivine.org

Re:What is the most powerful, effective, life changing mantra a person

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sat Nam. Each of us is a unique individual. What is the most effective mantra for YOU, only you can determine. Yogi Bhajan taught that "Doing is believing." Testimonials are lovely, perhaps as motivators to do SOMETHING, but what is "best " for you may not be the best for someone else in this time and space. All the mantras he taught are good! He has given adequate descriptions of various mantras so that surely you feel /think/intuitively are drawn to one (or more! ) of them. The way to find out is to choose one and practice it for 40 days, and see what you experience. Then you will be better able to determine if you want to continue it or switch to another. It takes 40 days to establish a habit, and 90 days to confirm it. in 120 days, it really becomes confirmed. As for "higher mind" -- I wonder what you mean by that? The important thing is if you are functioning more and more from your higher chakras -- that is, with compassion, kindness, patience, and humility, etc. It takes constant vigilance and consistent sadhana to maintain whatever progress God blesses us with. After a few years, back in the '70's some students thought that they "had it made" as the power of practicing Kundalini Yoga started to manifest in them. This is one of the stages that happens in the practice of Kundalini Yoga. The unholy alliance of intellect with ego prompted them to stop doing sadhana, and they fell off the path of progress. (It's called Shaktipad) So, as the Master said, "Keep up, and you'll be kept up." Blessings, Shakti Parwha

Guest guest

Sat Nam Sat Avtar, You make me laugh when you say you've been meditating and doing mantras for 35 years - but now is the time to get serious. I can relate so well. It's a priceless insight you've had. For what it's worth, I think one does the mantra that resonates within oneself. As the self changes, the mantra may change. Also, as planetary conditions change, one may feel compelled to change the mantra. That's my experience. Currently, I'm in love with Har Har Har Har Gobinday, HHHH Mukunday, Udaray, Aparay, Hariang, Kariang, Nirnamay, Akamay (each word preceded by the 4 Hars). 30 minutes of long Sat Nams, 5 min. spoken in the Voice of the Human, 5 in the Voice of the Lover, and 5 silent in the Voice of God, and coming back out again starting with silence, then whisper, then voice have always been able to put

me in bliss. But then, that's my spiritual name - Ananda - so perhaps I'm easy. But truly, a simple mantra can be a powerful mantra depending on your receptivity. I calculate that your receptivity is pretty well tilled insofar as soil being ready by now. The Self Knowledge book and Yogiji's The Mind has specific mantras for specific goals. If you're familiar with the Self Knowledge book, good. If not, e-mail me. Lately I've also liked the mantra to make the impossible possible: Sa Ta Na Ma, Ra Ma Da Sa, Sa Say So Hung. But also, direct communion with the Gurus. You know, first I'd pray to the Ten Sikh Gurus. I'd address them sincerely - because come to think of it, that's what I did when I had recently hit a very, very dry spell in job searches. I just said one day, quietly and very

sincerely and desperately, "Well, help me then." Since then, four requests to come to companies for interviews have reached either my e-mail or my telephone. Two new ones today; three interviews set up for next week. I think it's not the mantra itself per se, but our direct contact with God and Guru, the opening of our heart, either through dire need or whatever it may be, but that which makes it sincere. Given your length of time in meditation, I can't think there's that much you need to -- what? change? What's the goal? What are you working on? Love and Blessings, Ananda Anne Anne Leggett Walker, MBAMember International Kundalini Yoga Teachers Assn.Reiki MasterSat Nam Rasayan PractitionerCell: 214 629 5662Fax: 1 866

271 9890anne_leggettwalkerwebsite: kundaliniadventures.comSole Proprietor: Adventures in Kundalini YogaAdventures in Healing and Yoga

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

This is in response to Sat Avtar Kaur's (Myra's) query about 'the most life changing mantra"). I posted my earlier reply to Web Post, but this one to Reply to Group. I hope both get there. This is Ananda -- or Anne. I wore myself out with all I wrote and "left" for breakfast. However, I forgot my main point, or what I conceive to be my main point. Until we have no agendas, and simply do mantra or sadhana for the love of doing it and the praise of gurus, and the privilege of putting something positive into the planet's atmosphere, it seems to me there is a chance that we are bouncing a mantra - whichever one we do -- off an imaginary but perhaps psychically real -- wall of self. Do you see what I mean? We can chant but basically stay within our heads and selves - and then where is the life change? I think that's

the gist of what I have to say. I hope all are well, and send Love and Blessings and Have a Great Weekend, Ananda Anne Leggett Walker, MBAMember International Kundalini Yoga Teachers Assn.Reiki MasterSat Nam Rasayan PractitionerCell: 214 629 5662Fax: 1 866 271 9890anne_leggettwalkerwebsite: kundaliniadventures.comSole Proprietor: Adventures in Kundalini YogaAdventures in Healing and Yoga

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

Sat Avtar Kaur,

A very subjective question!

I can only speak for myself, but the first mantra I learned back in 1969, besides Sat Nam, was the 21/2 cycle Adi Shakti Mantra - long Ek Ong Kar. I would come home from yoga class, go to my room and chant - maybe for 5 minutes, maybe for an hour - just to experience it. This became a semi-regular practice (it WAS 1969). After a couple of weeks, I noticed what can only be described as a turning sensation - I could feel the direction of my life changing - not a jet ski hairpin turn but more like an ocean liner correcting its course.

A few months later, I hit the road with my backpack, stopped off in Tucson to see a friend, stayed for a while, hit rock bottom, found out there was a Kundalini Yoga class in the park, went to the class and moved into the ashram the next day. Every morning for sadhana, we chanted the 21/2 cycle Ek Ong Kar for an hour.

For me, the experience of long Ek Ong Kar was realignment to my true path. It taught me about the breath and the voice and the power of what we vibrate.

When in doubt, always go back to the basics and this mantra is one of the first that Yogi Bhajan taught.

Amar Singh

Guest guest

I guess I would say Sat Nam has been the "most powerful, effective, life changing mantra" for me! Ever since I learned it I have used it in my everyday life....its funny how every tune I would hear on the radio eventually became a sat nam tune. Together with the Ek ong kar sat nam siri wha guru going in my mind...I have lived away from 3HO but always remained in the nam. For me the nam touches the basic atoms of my universe. I am forever inhaling and exhaling the nam. I guess I've always thought of Guru Nanak as my father....since I became Siri Chand. And being the first Guru has sort of made me look to him as an example of what I should do. I always wondered if one day I should add Baba to my name....it feels right but a little too powerful right now! Anyway I digress....thank you for this opportunity to add my 2 cents. Wha Guru,Siri Chand Singh"Every beat of the heart is the rhythm of your soul. The voice of your soul is your breath."

Guest guest

Asking what the most powerful, effective, life changing mantra a person

could use is like asking the same about the tools in a tool box. The hammer

is probably the most powerful. But is that the tool you want to use if a

screw needs tightened?

The point is, you must take account of your life in its present situation

and recognize your present road blocks. Then open your Kundalini Yoga

toolbox and seek out the appropriate mantras, mudras, kriyas and yoga sets

that will best enable you to over come those roadblocks.

GuruSevak Singh

Sterling, VA

Interest Rates Fall Again! $430,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo - Calculate new

payment

http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-18679 & moid=7581

Guest guest

What a beautiful healing reply.

Thank you Siri Chand Singh

Sat Nam,

Sat Avtar Kaur

Kundalini-Yoga , Robert Ashton <treezilla

wrote:

>

> I guess I would say Sat Nam has been the " most powerful,

effective, life changing mantra " for me! Ever since I learned it I

have used it in my everyday life....its funny how every tune I would

hear on the radio eventually became a sat nam tune. Together with the

Ek ong kar sat nam siri wha guru going in my mind...I have lived away

from 3HO but always remained in the nam.

> For me the nam touches the basic atoms of my universe. I am

forever inhaling and exhaling the nam. I guess I've always thought of

Guru Nanak as my father....since I became Siri Chand. And being the

first Guru has sort of made me look to him as an example of what I

should do. I always wondered if one day I should add Baba to my

name....it feels right but a little too powerful right now! Anyway I

digress....thank you for this opportunity to add my 2 cents.

> Wha Guru,

> Siri Chand Singh

>

>

> " Every beat of the heart is the rhythm of your soul. The voice of

your soul is your breath. "

>

Guest guest

Sat Nam,

I agree, Sat Nam is by far the most powerful mantra. As the Bij, or Seed Mantra, it seeds your consciousness to blossom all knowledge of the universe.

Sat is Truth, which is true for all. Nam is God’s Identity. Wahe Guru is something you say when you realize it!

Sat is the whisper of the inhaled breath. Nam is the sigh of the exhale. The breath, Sat Nam, was Guru Nanak’s Guru. Now all Gurus are associated with with air, Pawan Guru.

Inhale Sat, Exhale Nam, breathing Guru, breathing God.

Sat Kriya and Kirtan Kriya are the most powerful ways to chant this mantra out loud.

With Sat Kriya you are able to tap the pure Truth the Gurus speak of, and merge with that Truth on Nam. Because it comes from the navel, it gives the radiance of youth. And as you beam the sound up into the universal Sat, all chakras are cleared by the sound.

With Kirtan Kriya you break Sat Nam into its atomic particles and balance the hemispheres of your brain, aligning thought and consciousness along a Cosmic Blueprint.

May God Bless your Sacred Journey.

Humbly

Guruprem Kaur

Guest guest

Mantras have no meaning & , are no pill.

A Mantra is a sound. A vibration.

There are a multitude of mantras.

Each yoga tradition has its own set of mantras,

though the principle is the same:

use vibrations to connect to your inner self & , to your outer self [the Universe].

Mantras is a mechanism to help you,

get rid of the accumulated stress,

also,

to fortify & strengthen the aura against incoming stress [YIN by Zen tradition].

Every situation has its appropriate 'mantras'.

A mantra, alone, cannot change a life [mantra is no pill],

A Yogic 'road map' with a set of steps, each with a set of mantras,

can change a life, provided one has the will to change.

Where the 'Mind' is the 'energy' is.

Mind+Energy=reality.

To change one must have:

1-- the WILL to change,

2-- the ENERGY to operate the change,

3-- the ROAD MAP to move forward.

Mantras are an essential part of the 'road map'.

Here lies the importance of the teacher.

Yogic road maps are neither easy nor short.

They, certainly, are no pill.

Blessings

Nabil Rizqallah

Beirut Lebanon