IndiaDivine.org

kriyas and sets

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Though I have heard of nonkundalini teachers who bring aspects of kundalini into their classes I doubt any pure kundalini person would do the opposite..in '99 gurudev told me in a session that I needed to become more physically integrated..that kundalini had opened my consciousness but to be a better teacher I needed this...I was led, to make a long story short, to Ashtanga, which I study with Eddiet Stern in NYC and also to studies with the amazing Dharma Mittra..without planning it I was asked to and began teaching hatha, vinyasa and ashtanga..I have explored Iyengar and Bikram a bit as well..

this is what my take is on it..Kundalini Yoga works very specifically..and tho we may unintentionally vary something in a set, over-all energetically it is different than any of the others..and they are too diferent from each other tho there are also great similarities in certain things..

as Eddie wisely worded it to me, Ashtanga and Kundalini work on the subtle body in different ways and this is why many choose only one type of yoga..my path has led me to diversiy but I personally do not mix them and was just asked that by Idea Fitness, gave the same answer and they said they wanted permission to publish my answer..

at my retreat, where I used to teach only Kundalini, I now offer since 2004 a morning hatha format, where I bring in aspects of what I have learned from my non-kundalini teachers, and afternoon kundalini, which is purely kundalini..

I will be interested to see other responses!!!

Sat Nam

Amrita

Donna Davidge-Bonham

amrita

www.sewallhouse.com