IndiaDivine.org

Kundalini and Hatha yoga together

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

It is prohibited to mix Kundalini Yoga and other styles of yoga together at the same time. It is okay if you want to do, say, Kundalini yoga Sadhana in the morning and sometime later in the day do a Hatha Yoga routine.

I tell my students that Kundalini Yoga works like a combination lock, like on a school locker. The lock requires a certain number of rotations and very specific numbers. If you vary from this, it won't open. The same goes for KY. The asanas in each set are not to be altered, unless reduced in time to build up strength. Sometimes an asana needs to be slightly modified if the student does not have the strength or flexibility yet. Each set has been perfected and given by Yogi Bhajan in its perfected state. All we have to do is plug into it; no change is necessary or advised.

Yogi Bhajan did say, however, that sometimes as a warmup, he practiced several Sun Salutations before doing a KY kriya.

I also do not recommend doing a Hatha Yoga set followed by a Kundalini Yoga meditation. KY kriyas work on the nervous and glandular systems to such a degree that the practitioner is then "tuned up" to receive a similar voltage of energy in the KY meditation. No so with other styles; they are not working with the 5 tattvas, the 10 bodies and the 8 chakras in the same way or at the same "wattage" as Kundalini Yoga, which is the most potent form of yoga there is.

Blessings,

Madonna

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.