IndiaDivine.org

I am allergic to chanting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Satnam Sat Avtar Kaur ji,

I am a singer and I have to build up my breath capacity as a matter of routine.

Always I find that daily aerobic exercise is helpful, such as power walking or

bike riding or jogging. Breath of file is a good suggestion. Here are some more:

As far as kriyas are concerned, there are two one minute breath kriya's that are great.

The one I like is: sitting in easy pose, hands on the knees, elbows straight. You inhale exhals and pump stomach a few times to prepare.

With a timer, you inhale deeply and hold your breath for one minute while gently flexing the spine and also while clenching the molars (Teeth) together for the minute. Then you recover, inhale exhale a few times, and start again. This is not easy but I find that I can build up to the minute holding my breath after a few tries. Then, we do 11 one minute breaths total.

The other one minute breath is to: inhale 20 seconds (chanting mentally and keeping count with the fingers) Hold the breath 20 seconds. Exhale the breath 20 seconds. This also is hard and takes time to work up too. Usually when I do this for 11 minutes it may take almost the entire time to achieve the one minute.

SS Satkirin Kaur Khalsa

Majesty Music-Teacher & performer of Shabd Kirtan

Minister of Sikh Dharma International

3HO NGO to the United NAtions

220 5th Ave. ste 302

New York, NY 10001

Office: 212-686-1800

home: 718-768-0557