IndiaDivine.org

Re:Can mentally chanting a mantra as I do a morning walk have the same

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

SatnamIt can have a positive effect-but likely not the same effect. Focus and concentration are what give "power" to meditation in Kundalini Yoga. Even while sitting the mind will normally wander unless one is very "vigilant," in keeping focused. It is mentioned numerous times in the Sikh scriptures (Siri Guru Granth Sahib) that it requires a "one pointedness" of mind to know, understand, and accept the "One." Many blessings, Jot Singh It's not the life that matters-It's the courage you bring to it.The Three Laws of ProsperityBe kind to everyoneNever speak ill of anyoneNever speak ill of yourselfYogi Bhajanwww.khalsakirpans.comwww.lifeknives.com

Guest guest

Sat Nam Theresa,

In 1995 Yogi Bhajan gave me a mantra to chant silently 24 hours a day, as fast as I could. He demonstrated by chanting his mantra, Guru Guru Wahe Guru Guru Ram Das Guru, so fast that it was unintelligible saying, “See? Like that!”

I asked Bibiji how to keep it going 24 hours a day and she told me to breath the mantra. After a while that would place it permanently in my energy field and make ongoing repetition effortless.

I still do this mantra. It comes boldly to mind whenever I need to cleanse something from my consciousness. But I also do a mantra Guru Arjan gave me. It too is silent and most powerful when breathed, and works to effortlessly merge my energy with the Gurus as needed to write the book Yogiji gave me, SGGS Path of Life to Light.

Silent mantras are the most powerful and sublime of all mantras. Experience attests to it.

Loving Blessings,

Guruprem Kaur

Guest guest

Sat Nam. Chanting is always valuable. The specific combination of mantra, mudra, asana and breath creates a specific effect. When you vary any of the ingredients, you vary the effect. But, as someone suggested, you may be doing a variation on Breathwalk. You might enjoy reading the book, and then practicing the mantra/s suggested as prescribed -- as these are combinations that the Master of Kundalini Yoga taught and Gurucharan Singh wrote for everyone to use. Why reinvent the wheel? Why not take advantage of the science as Yogi Bhajan taught it! Blessings, SP