IndiaDivine.org

Ustad Narinder Singh (Teacher of Chardikala Jatha) - Listen and Download MP3 files from Summer Solstice

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Many of you have seen or heard of ChardikalaJatha who are quite inspiring and do amazingkirtan. You might have wondered where they have learned to do raag kirtan?For quite a few years they have been studying music in Amritsar. This summerwe were very fortunate to have a visit with their teachersUstad Narinder Singh Sandhu and Ustad Murli Manohar (tabla). I have met them a few times in India but never had a chance to hearthem play kirtan. Apparently he doesn’t do recordings so Iguess we were able to get the first recordings of him doingkirtan during his visit. The week of the SummerSolstice Camp he played quite a few times. Itwas an amazing experience to listen to live. There was so much energy!The voice of Ustad and the skill in the tablas was awesome! I enjoyed itall so much. He taught classes for a week to anyone that wantedto learn and by the end his voice was going out (so much singing). It isalso quite dry here which is probably very different for him then the humidAmritsar climate. Two of the tracks are from when his voice was going out,but even with his voice out I could hardly tell till the very last shabad(which I didn’t post).So enjoy listening and downloading the kirtan! Todo so go to: http://www.mrsikhnet.com and scroll down to the blog postabout Ustad Narinder Singh (and then click on the " continue reading " link at the bottom of the post). Or go to the direct page by going here:http://urltea.com/x6b Gurumustuk Singh Khalsa SikhNet.com