IndiaDivine.org

poke, provoke, confront

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

In the book, Radical Acceptance, the author describes a class wherein Yogi Bhajan chastises her in front of the class, after she has had a miscarriage. He proclaims that she did not really want the baby. He said that instead of devoting more time to the community, to her marriage, etc that she instead devoted her time elsewhere for her ego. The other students gave her comfort after the class (because Yogi Bhajan had been so "cruel"). She went back to her room and sobbed....However, this began her journey into "self acceptance."It took alot of courage for him, as a teacher to force her to that place. As a teacher, he could have lost a lot of his students because of his "cruelty" ....As a teacher, we must have the strength and courage

to pass on to our students, strength, courage and dignity. I believe that is what the teacher's manual is encouraging us to do.

Guest guest

Sat Nam,

" Radical Acceptance " is by Tara Brach, and you can purchase it at

amazon.com.

Nirvair Kaur

Kundalini-Yoga , wolfsister harmony

<wolfsister_harmony wrote:

>

> who is the author of the book " Radical Acceptance " and

> where can we purchase the book?

> Sat Nam Jiwan Shakti Kaur

>

>

>

>

> Need a vacation? Get great deals

> to amazing places on Travel.

> http://travel./

>

Guest guest

Tara Brach wrote Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your life with the heart of a Buddha. I got my copy on Amazon.com.

Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.

Guest guest

Perhaps Yogi Bhajan could see into the student enough to anticipate the benefits of confronting her as he did. I do not have that skill. To my mind, the yoga pokes, provokes, confronts and elevates. We as teachers need to hold the healing space to allow that to happen. Maybe we're just more reserved here in Maine, but my yoga students don't share their problems with the group as we're enjoying our yogi tea after class. If they did, I would see it as my responsibility to see what soul qualities were trying to emerge in that person's situation, and support my student's capacity to reveal those qualities. That's my Sufi training speaking. During our Kundalini Yoga teacher training, we saw videos of Yogi Bhajan teaching, and I remember how turned off I was when I saw him yell at people. Again, I'm certain he knew what he was doing and it probably benefitted the person he was yelling at. But, I knew at that moment, that he was not my guru. I am, however,

eternally grateful to practice and share the technology he brought to us.Sat nam,Jagat Kaur

Need a vacation? Get great deals to amazing places on Travel.