IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: Leigh Ann needs your help!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 10/1/07 2:50:55 PM, leighannp writes: Dear Friends, I have finally resurfaced after the most horrific 1st round of chemo. I had my first chemo back on August 21 - 6 weeks ago. I have never been more sick in my entire life! I was hospitalized for 6 days. I would never wish such an experience on my worst enemy... more details below. But first I must ask for all your help on a very urgent matter.... I need to ask for your help to raise money ASAP for my medical bills & out of pocket expenses that my insurance does not cover. I have exhausted what my insurance allows for chiropractic & acupuncture. I need to raise $2500 extra a month above the Disability that I am receiving – in total $30,000 for these doctors plus my Chinese herbalist & additional supplements & additional hospital co-pays that is all out of my own pocket expenses. I need to ask if you would PLEASE help me by asking everyone you know to please help me raise money with their financial donations to help me thru the next year. I need to raise $30,000 for the next year in order to take care of not covered by my insurance medical needs. My family can not help me. Sadly, I had to let go of my relationship with my boyfriend because the emotional cost & stress was only making my already challenging cancer & chemo experience more painful & debilitating than helpful & healing. He really does not get how sick I am, nor how to really emotionally support & love me. I am asking everyone & any one to PLEASE help me with whatever they can afford - perhaps a donation of $100 per person or whatever they can afford - anything would be most appreciated. Please make checks payable to - "Leigh Ann Pitchon" My address is Leigh Ann Pitchon 8421 Clinton Ave #201 West Hollywood CA 90048 My deepest & most appreciated THANK YOU to those of you who gifted me monies over the summer. Here's my latest update--- I had the worst experience with my first round of chemo. My oncologist prescribed me Ativan which is for anxiety & insomnia but it also lowers blood pressure & I already have naturally very low blood pressure. The day after my chemo, I woke up feeling really tired & out of sorts but did not know it was the Ativan . I took a hot bath to get my blood warmed up & then stood up to take a cool shower & then passed out in my shower & gave myself a concussion but I did not know until the next day when I woke up in the hospital with a big black bruise on my left temple - but unfortunately the doctors had already given me a spinal tap to check for possible brain cancer since I did not remember that I had fallen in the shower & did not know why I was having double vision, headache, & dizziness. I was in the hospital for 3 days, then released with the most horrific headache from the spinal tap. I spent Sat, Sun, & Monday flat on my back - the pounding migraine was unbearable even on percocets & Motrin. I went back to my oncologist on Mon - I left my daughter home with a 14 year old babysitter thinking I would be home in a couple of hours & never came home until late Wed. night... I was admitted back into ER for another spinal tap - then to correct the pounding migraine, I was given a epidural blood patch where the doctor takes 20cc of blood out of my arm & injected it into my spine. Yes, that got rid of my headache but gave me the most horrific back pain that I have ever experienced which I am still healing from 4 weeks later. I can't sleep on my back in my bed but rather I have to sleep on my side on the floor with a meditation pillow under my head to keep my spine straight. Thank God for Dr. Hari Bhajan Khalsa & Jeremiah (acupuncturist) for helping me to regain some healing in my lower spine though I still can not do spinal rolls. So besides all the fall out from the chemo, I also had to deal with additional fall out from all the spinal work in the hospital & the extra strong anti-biotic they gave me "just in case" I had meningitis. The worst part of my chemo & spinal pain kicked in the second night after I came home from the hospital – I was alone with Rebecca sleeping & was in sooo much pain. I felt like a 18 wheeler had run me over & then set me on fire but no fire trucks where coming to put out the fire in my legs & lower back. It was the most unbearable pain I have ever been in. I got into baby pose on my living room floor & make 7 desperate phone calls & of the 2 that answered, neither one of them were willing to come help me. I could not call emergency since I did not know what to do with Rebecca. Her father was out of town for work. It was 3am & all I could do was beg God for his mercy & I almost begged to die right then just to get out of the pain. I finally gathered the strength to crawl into my kitchen & get a percocet & finally 30 minutes later I was able to fall asleep for 90 minutes on my bathroom floor. Most nights I have not been able to sleep more than 90 minutes until just this past week where I have been able to get 6-7 hours of sleep. When I asked my oncologist why she prescribed me Ativan, she told me that they prescribe it to everyone & I told her that I am have super sensitive blood & I am hypoglycemic & can't even eat potato chips. She said that I just react weirdly to medications. I realize now that I must advocate my own health & find a doctor that will work with me as an individual, not a collective. I am so clean that chemo (seriously) practically killed me. I also found out from another Asian friend whose dad is a doctor that Western doctors do not understand just how sensitive the Asian body & blood is to Western dosages & that many Asian can not handle Western dosages. So not only am I individually sooooo sensitive because I have been so clean for the past 5 years, but my blood is genetically more sensitive than Western people. This explains why I reacted so badly to the Adivan & chemo. Needless to say, I am researching alternative methods that are out there. So I am asking humbly for what I truly need the most from all of you which is to please, please help me to heal by giving your generous donations and/or by raising monies to help elevate the financial stress I am under right now. Please, Please help me. Any amount of money will be soo appreciated. Even if you personally can not give financially, would you please take up a collection for me & ask your friends, co-worker, bosses. Please also forward this email to everyone you know with your endorsement. Please help me & my daughter. I am a single mom & my x-husband has lost his job so he is not in any position to help us. So I am asking many of you who may be complete strangers to me to please find it in your hearts to help me. If anyone is available to also volunteer their time to help me with Rebecca, preparing dinner, food shopping, laundry, errands, please contact Rachel 310-498-2323. She has so graciously volunteered to help co-ordinate help for me & my daughter. I am exhausted every day & need as much help as possible. Thank you all in advance for your generous donations & Love! Rebecca thanks you too! Much Love. Blessings to All, Leigh Ann Pitchon (Sat Sundri at Golden Bridge) ************************************** See what's new at http://www.aol.com Leigh Pitchon <leighannpOctober 1, 2007 2:43:42 PM EDTJennifer Shields <shieldsjennifer, Jennifer Kelly <jennifer, Jim Prisilla Priest <jimpriest1, Jo Jo Gerald <islandgal01, Joe Barneski <joebb3, Joe Rosenberg <rosenberg, John Wapenski <wapenski, Jot Kaur <jotkaur, Jot Singh Khalsa <jotkhalsa, Julie Fluegal <chiroflue, Kali Mcgurk <krm410, Karen Dahl <dahlface99, Karen & Laura <fromthegarden1, KATHLEEN BAYLEY <kathybayley, Kelly & Haleigh Sher <kellysher, Keya Ahser <eagleofgrace, Kirpal <lisakthayer, KJ Dolvik <kj4701, Kristin Proctor <highestlight, Laura <cookingwithlaura, Leslie Nuesca <lesnuesca, Linda <anabasis, Lindsay Price <ljpricey, Lori Ruth <lori_ruth, Lorrie Dubow Stone <lorriestone, MahaRishi Singh <meditation_pathways, Malanie Romero <makeupartist2, Maria Aguilar <mariaaguilar, Marianna Elias <makeup, Mark Selis <bearlaker, Mark White <markwhitegb, Marlene Stevens <marlenestevens, Marne Moore <marnemoore, Martin Garret <martingarret, Mary Lum <nat2345, Maryam Salami <fengshuimylife, Melia Kaiford <meliakaiford, Michael Anton <michaelanton, michelle gamerl <numberonemountain, Mike Lippincott <mikelippincott, Mimi Feigenson <mimifeigenson, Natalia <natalialavender, Nick Holly <nick, Orly Akouka <orly, Patrick <patrick, paul whittick <paulienphl, Pia Peterman <retteski, Raffi Nazikian <rnazikian, Renee Vaca <vacarj, Renee Dashiell <MomiMakeup, Robin Siegel <robinsiegel, Roddy Stamton <rasmax1, Romey Sealy <romeymonroe, Romy Fleming <romy.hair, Sada Bahar <sada.b, Sada Simran <sadasimran, "Sada Simran Kathy Greenhouse\)" <writekg, Sadie/Debbie Abergel <debbiea, Sara Sherer <ssherer, "Sarah Mradu Anand\)" <saraswati911, "SatGuruKaur Sylvia Pabon\)" <spabon1, Sherri Simmons <sherrisimmons, Smith Cho <narrowhips, Sophia <sophiasoils, Stardust <stardustmagick, Stardust <stardustartist, Stephanie Watson <theprez128, "Stephen SiriGurpalSingh\) Gaither" <noblenfree, Steve Charnow <stevecharnow, Sue Hall <crimsondakini, Suraj Kaur <isha_333, Susan Genther-Driscoll <driscollpbj, Susane Lee <pices309, Sylvie Vaught <sylvie.vaught, Tamara <Ktamara, Tammy Melohis <tmelohis, Taylor Sparks <taylorsparks2000, Tej Khalsa <tej, Trisha Vecchio <littlebit13, Van Kelsey <hunamiLeigh Ann needs your help! Dear Friends, I have finally resurfaced after the most horrific 1st round of chemo. I had my first chemo back on August 21 - 6 weeks ago. I have never been more sick in my entire life! I was hospitalized for 6 days. I would never wish such an experience on my worst enemy... more details below. But first I must ask for all your help on a very urgent matter.... I need to ask for your help to raise money ASAP for my medical bills & out of pocket expenses that my insurance does not cover. I have exhausted what my insurance allows for chiropractic & acupuncture. I need to raise $2500 extra a month above the Disability that I am receiving – in total $30,000 for these doctors plus my Chinese herbalist & additional supplements & additional hospital co-pays that is all out of my own pocket expenses. I need to ask if you would PLEASE help me by asking everyone you know to please help me raise money with their financial donations to help me thru the next year. I need to raise $30,000 for the next year in order to take care of not covered by my insurance medical needs. My family can not help me. Sadly, I had to let go of my relationship with my boyfriend because the emotional cost & stress was only making my already challenging cancer & chemo experience more painful & debilitating than helpful & healing. He really does not get how sick I am, nor how to really emotionally support & love me. I am asking everyone & any one to PLEASE help me with whatever they can afford - perhaps a donation of $100 per person or whatever they can afford - anything would be most appreciated. Please make checks payable to - "Leigh Ann Pitchon" My address is Leigh Ann Pitchon 8421 Clinton Ave #201 West Hollywood CA 90048 My deepest & most appreciated THANK YOU to those of you who gifted me monies over the summer. Here's my latest update--- I had the worst experience with my first round of chemo. My oncologist prescribed me Ativan which is for anxiety & insomnia but it also lowers blood pressure & I already have naturally very low blood pressure. The day after my chemo, I woke up feeling really tired & out of sorts but did not know it was the Ativan . I took a hot bath to get my blood warmed up & then stood up to take a cool shower & then passed out in my shower & gave myself a concussion but I did not know until the next day when I woke up in the hospital with a big black bruise on my left temple - but unfortunately the doctors had already given me a spinal tap to check for possible brain cancer since I did not remember that I had fallen in the shower & did not know why I was having double vision, headache, & dizziness. I was in the hospital for 3 days, then released with the most horrific headache from the spinal tap. I spent Sat, Sun, & Monday flat on my back - the pounding migraine was unbearable even on percocets & Motrin. I went back to my oncologist on Mon - I left my daughter home with a 14 year old babysitter thinking I would be home in a couple of hours & never came home until late Wed. night... I was admitted back into ER for another spinal tap - then to correct the pounding migraine, I was given a epidural blood patch where the doctor takes 20cc of blood out of my arm & injected it into my spine. Yes, that got rid of my headache but gave me the most horrific back pain that I have ever experienced which I am still healing from 4 weeks later. I can't sleep on my back in my bed but rather I have to sleep on my side on the floor with a meditation pillow under my head to keep my spine straight. Thank God for Dr. Hari Bhajan Khalsa & Jeremiah (acupuncturist) for helping me to regain some healing in my lower spine though I still can not do spinal rolls. So besides all the fall out from the chemo, I also had to deal with additional fall out from all the spinal work in the hospital & the extra strong anti-biotic they gave me "just in case" I had meningitis. The worst part of my chemo & spinal pain kicked in the second night after I came home from the hospital – I was alone with Rebecca sleeping & was in sooo much pain. I felt like a 18 wheeler had run me over & then set me on fire but no fire trucks where coming to put out the fire in my legs & lower back. It was the most unbearable pain I have ever been in. I got into baby pose on my living room floor & make 7 desperate phone calls & of the 2 that answered, neither one of them were willing to come help me. I could not call emergency since I did not know what to do with Rebecca. Her father was out of town for work. It was 3am & all I could do was beg God for his mercy & I almost begged to die right then just to get out of the pain. I finally gathered the strength to crawl into my kitchen & get a percocet & finally 30 minutes later I was able to fall asleep for 90 minutes on my bathroom floor. Most nights I have not been able to sleep more than 90 minutes until just this past week where I have been able to get 6-7 hours of sleep. When I asked my oncologist why she prescribed me Ativan, she told me that they prescribe it to everyone & I told her that I am have super sensitive blood & I am hypoglycemic & can't even eat potato chips. She said that I just react weirdly to medications. I realize now that I must advocate my own health & find a doctor that will work with me as an individual, not a collective. I am so clean that chemo (seriously) practically killed me. I also found out from another Asian friend whose dad is a doctor that Western doctors do not understand just how sensitive the Asian body & blood is to Western dosages & that many Asian can not handle Western dosages. So not only am I individually sooooo sensitive because I have been so clean for the past 5 years, but my blood is genetically more sensitive than Western people. This explains why I reacted so badly to the Adivan & chemo. Needless to say, I am researching alternative methods that are out there. So I am asking humbly for what I truly need the most from all of you which is to please, please help me to heal by giving your generous donations and/or by raising monies to help elevate the financial stress I am under right now. Please, Please help me. Any amount of money will be soo appreciated. Even if you personally can not give financially, would you please take up a collection for me & ask your friends, co-worker, bosses. Please also forward this email to everyone you know with your endorsement. Please help me & my daughter. I am a single mom & my x-husband has lost his job so he is not in any position to help us. So I am asking many of you who may be complete strangers to me to please find it in your hearts to help me. If anyone is available to also volunteer their time to help me with Rebecca, preparing dinner, food shopping, laundry, errands, please contact Rachel 310-498-2323. She has so graciously volunteered to help co-ordinate help for me & my daughter. I am exhausted every day & need as much help as possible. Thank you all in advance for your generous donations & Love! Rebecca thanks you too! Much Love. Blessings to All, Leigh Ann Pitchon (Sat Sundri at Golden Bridge)