IndiaDivine.org

Dhan Dhan guru Ram Das chant

Rate this topic

Guest guest

SAt Nam everyone..................Does anyone know where I can find a

recorded version of the Guru Ram Das Chant that is being used on

October 9th for Guru Ram Das's Birthday?

It is the one that says Dhan Dhan Guru Ram Das..........it is to be

chanted for 21/2 hours on October 9, but I don't know it.

Many blessings and thanks..............Sat Purka Kaur

Sat Nam; I am sure you will be directed to several wonderful recordings. There is a 31 minute repeating version available and I am sure several people will give you recommendations. If not, try spiritvoyage.com This was the fist sikh Chant that I learned / memorized. Snatam Kaur gave a translation of this - almost word for word. Here is that translation and what she said about this chant on her website years ago, back in 2004 or before. ======== I feel that for many of us on the spiritual path that it is a daily process of discovering our inner strength, royalty and grace. We must discover it, honor it, and make it real. Then others will recognize you... that You who is God incarnate. So, this Shabad helps to tap into that inner self and go through the miracle

of transformation so that the shining light of the inner self will guide the whole life. Dhan Dhan Raamdaas gur jin siri-aa tinai savaari-aaVaar Of Raamkalee, Uttered By Satta And Balwand The Drummer:Dhan Dhan Raamdaas gur jin siri-aa tinai savaari-aa.Blessed, blessed is the court of Guru Raam Daas; The One who has created You, has adorned You.Dhan- Blessed, Hail, Praise be toRaamdaas Gur- Ram Das Guruship, Vibration of the Guruship of Ram Dasjin- the onesiri-aa- createtinai- that onesavaari-aa-

adorn, set in order, arrange, correct.Pooree ho-ee karaamaat aap sirjanhaarai dhaari-aa.Perfect is Your action; the Creator Lord Himself has installed You on the throne.Pooree- perfectho-ee- iskaraamaat- actionaap-God Himself, of Himselfsirjanhaarai-Creatordhaari-aa- install/place.Sikhee atai sangtee paarbarahm kar namaskaari-aa.The Sikhs and the holy community recognize You as the Supreme Lord God, and bow to You.Sikhee- Sikhsatai- andsangtee- holy communitypaarbarahm- Godkar- donamaskaari-aa- bow, pay obeisance to.Atal athaahu atol too tayraa ant na paaraavaari-aa.You are permanent, deep like an ocean and unweighable; You have no end or limitation.Atal-permanent, unchangingathaahu- deep ocean, profoundatol-unweighabletoo- youtayraa-yoursant- limitsna- nopaaraavaari-aa- limit, boundaries. Jinhee too(n) sayvi-aa bhaa-o kar say tudh paar utaari-aa.Those who serve You with love - You carry them across.Jinhee- thosetoo(n)- yousayvi-aa- servebhaa-o- naturally with lovekar- dosay- theytudh- youpaar- shore, other sideutaari-aa- lift across, carry across, bring

acrossLab lobh kaam krodh moh maar kadhay tudh saparvaari-aa.Greed, desire, lust, anger and emotional attachment - You have beaten them and driven them out of those who are still householders and living with family. The entire family is blessed.Lab- greed, lust, desirelobh- desire, what you want for yourself, greedkaam- passion, lust, sexual lovekrodh- angermoh-bewitched, dilusion, fascinationmaar-beatkadhay-remove, push out, bring outtudh- yousaparvaari-aa- living with familyDhan so tayraa thaan hai sach tayraa paiskaari-aa.Blessed is Your place, and True is Your extension or expansion of the Guru’s presence.Dhan-Blessed, Hail to, Praise be toso- thattayraa-yourthaan- place, landhai- issach- truetayraa- yourspaiskaari-aa- extension, expansionNaanak too lahnaa toohai gur amar too veechaari-aa.You are Nanak, You are Angad, and You are Amar Daas; so do I recognize You

through deep meditation.Naanak- Guru Nanaktoo- Youlahnaa- Lahnaa was Guru Angad’s name before becoming Gurutoohai- you areGur Amar- Guru Amar Dastoo- Youveechaari-aa- deep reflection and meditationGur dithaa taa(n) man saadhaari-aa.When I saw the vision of the Guru’s Court, then my mind body and soul was supported and sustained forever.Gur- Guruship of Guru Ram Das, Guru’s CourtDithaa- sight or visiontaa(n)- then soman- body, mind, soulsaadhaari-aa- sustained, supported “I see no stranger, I see no enemy, I look upon all with good will.”

Take the Internet to Go: Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos more.

There is a lovely version on Snatam Kaur's CD " Mother's Blessing " . Aso,

Sangeet Kaur's version is on the CD " Naad: The Blessing "

Kundalini-Yoga , " debsatnam " <debsatnam wrote:

>

> SAt Nam everyone..................Does anyone know where I can find a

> recorded version of the Guru Ram Das Chant that is being used on

> October 9th for Guru Ram Das's Birthday?

> It is the one that says Dhan Dhan Guru Ram Das..........it is to be

> chanted for 21/2 hours on October 9, but I don't know it.

>

> Many blessings and thanks..............Sat Purka Kaur

>

Dear Sat Purka Kaur,

I hope you found a Dhan Dhan Ram Das copy in time for the 2,5 hrs last

October 9th?

Maybe for next year, or any time really, there is a very happy and

beautiful version on the CD " Servant of the Heart " by Sat Hari Singh &

Hari Bhajan Kaur.

Sat Nam

Adesh Kaur

Kundalini-Yoga , " debsatnam " <debsatnam wrote:

>

> SAt Nam everyone..................Does anyone know where I can find a

> recorded version of the Guru Ram Das Chant that is being used on

> October 9th for Guru Ram Das's Birthday?

> It is the one that says Dhan Dhan Guru Ram Das..........it is to be

> chanted for 21/2 hours on October 9, but I don't know it.

>

> Many blessings and thanks..............Sat Purka Kaur

>