IndiaDivine.org

Winter Solstice in Florida

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sat Nam Jios,

I've been asked to share about Winter Solstice again, and I couldn't write it better than last year's post, so I just updated it:Winter Solstice is a beloved, cozy, introspective week in Florida,surrounded by the sangat, our spiritual family. I have not been inthree years, since I was pregnant with my daughter Matelea who is nowalmost 2.5 years old. I started going in 1997 and made it to almost all ofthe Summer and Winter Solstices until the year when Matelea was bornon the Summer Solstice itself. At Winter Solstice I love the rejuvenation,the reconnection, the reminder of my spiritual self, being envelopedin the spiritual community like that. I enjoy the camping too, thoughit can be chilly. Morning Sadhana with the whole group is powerful, and so is seeing the sun light up the Winter sky in the morning. White Tantric for three days outdoors is amazing. I love how in Tantric I can sit and experience myself as a vehicle forthe divine. And look at my partner and observe God observinghe/she/itself. I love that I can experience heaven and hell in one 31minute meditation... Or that I can truly see god in a fly that keeps landing on me and my partner. I love to go to the ransabahi for all nightdevotional music. The time I signed up and sung three songs/shabadsfor the sangat moved me deeply. Oh, or how about reading in the continuous reading of the Siri Guru Granth Sahib? What a meditation. If you can go to Winter Solstice, GO. Make it happen.You will be opened up, challenged, and blessed. You will be in a safe placewhere you can heal yourself, or just get to know yourself, surroundedby kind and beautiful souls. Go and have a great time.I most likely won't make it this year. I miss you all! I'll make some Yogi Tea and think of you.Sat nam,Guru Beant Kaur from Florida (formerly of Baba Siri Chand Ashram inAltamonte Springs, now outside Tallahassee, married to Kewal Singhfrom Tennessee. I frequently work in the kitchen at Solstice).Bridget Kamke, LMTKundalini Yoga TeacherLicensed Massage TherapistChildren's Book Authorwww.infinipede.com

___________Don't give up hope! Click here for professional marriage counseling!