IndiaDivine.org

3 Random Questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sat Nam and Happy New Year to ALL~* Upon reflection of designing my life I came upon 3 random questions that I know I will get some great feed back for in this lovely supportive, stimulating, challenging group. Here they are: 1) I recently got a nettie pot, and am intrigued and loving it. I know the traditional way to use it would be in the morning before your morning yoga practice, but seeing before I get out of bed I execute Breath of Fire (and feel open, happy and clear).......would bedtime be a better time? I know there is no right or wrong, in finding YOU.....I am just curious what some yogis have to say, and if you are using one........when.......and how often? 2) I love doing headstands but with the Kundalini Yoga experience/practice (which I am so blessed and happy to be apart of) Headstands are not necessarily a daily event.

Does anyone have any info of what Yogi Bhajan had to say about headstands? Also someone mentioned that a great time is before bed, which makes sense to me, as we were on our feet all day. I've done....headstand.....childs pose.....then a breathing meditation....and i feel good and sleep well..........again, ANY THOUGHTS? 3) I AM wondering if anyone can reccomend a safe WEEKLY fast to do each week. I have a sensitive stomach, and with working in the film/tv industy the catered food is always so different from my oils/spices in my house. I've gotten food posioning a few times, and just generally want a day a week that my relationship with food is minimal.....perhaps certain teas/fruits, veggie/rice combinations? Again I would greatly appreciate any info you have. HAPPY NEW YEAR to ONE and ALL, ALL in ONE! cheers, Robert~*"We are different frequencies of the same SOURCE"

Dear Robert, Sat Nam and Happy New Year to you!The idea behind the Netti Pot is to cleanse the nasal passage from built up particles of dirt that can become clogged and may require additional cleansing other than the normal breathing and by blowing the nose. To answer your question doing it in the evening would seem equally a great time to do it. I did it at the same time of my morning bath, etc.Yogiji discouraged his students from doing the headstand as he said that it could be dangerous for the neck. However, in all Hatha yoga traditions which all yogas stem from, they encourage the head stand. It is important a person learns the correct method for going into it and coming out of it. If you are looking to do a fast one day a

week, i recommend to eat only fruit. Fruit is very digestible and gives the whole digestive system a break. It is important to know which fruits to combine. I am attaching a food combining chart.Hope this information is helpful If you are interested to learn more about detox cleansing feel free to email me.Blessings, Dr. Soorya Kaur, Cleanse Cafe Robert Halley <rbhalleyKundalini-Yoga Sent: Tuesday, January 1, 2008 4:27:59 PM 3 Random Questions Sat Nam and Happy New Year to ALL~* Upon reflection of designing my life I came upon 3 random questions that I know I will get some great feed back for in this lovely supportive, stimulating, challenging group. Here they are: 1) I recently got a nettie pot, and am intrigued and loving it. I know the traditional way to use it would be in the morning before your morning yoga practice, but seeing before I get out of bed I execute Breath of Fire (and feel open, happy and clear)...... .would bedtime be a better time? I know there is no right or wrong, in finding YOU.....I am just curious what some yogis have to say, and if you are using one........when.

.......and how often? 2) I love doing headstands but with the Kundalini Yoga experience/practice (which I am so blessed and happy to be apart of) Headstands are not necessarily a daily event. Does anyone have any info of what Yogi Bhajan had to say about headstands? Also someone mentioned that a great time is before bed, which makes sense to me, as we were on our feet all day. I've done....headstand. ....childs pose.....then a breathing meditation.. ..and i feel good and sleep well........ ..again, ANY THOUGHTS? 3) I AM wondering if anyone can reccomend a safe WEEKLY fast to do each week. I have a sensitive stomach, and with working in the film/tv industy the catered food is always so different from my oils/spices in my house. I've gotten food posioning a few times, and just generally want a day a week that my relationship with food is

minimal..... perhaps certain teas/fruits, veggie/rice combinations? Again I would greatly appreciate any info you have. HAPPY NEW YEAR to ONE and ALL, ALL in ONE! cheers, Robert~*"We are different frequencies of the same SOURCE"

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Robert

YB said headstand put a lot of pressure on the head. I don't know of

any kriyas that include headstand. He did say that if you do headstand

then do shoulderstand first.

Gurubandhu

Kundalini-Yoga , Robert Halley <rbhalley wrote:

>

> Sat Nam and Happy New Year to ALL~*

>

to say, and if you are using one........when.......and how often?

>

> 2) I love doing headstands but with the Kundalini Yoga

experience/practice (which I am so blessed and happy to be apart of)

Headstands are not necessarily a daily event. Does anyone have any

info of what Yogi Bhajan had to say about headstands? Also someone

mentioned that a great time is before bed, which makes sense to me, as

we were on our feet all day. I've done....headstand.....childs

pose.....then a breathing meditation....and i feel good and sleep

well..........again, ANY THOUGHTS?

Hello, Robert -

Here are two answers to three random questions, being no nettie pot

expert.

So, answer to Question 2): What I remember Yogi Bhajan saying about

head stands is that the practice potentially puts too much pressure on

the cervical vertebrae, and that the same benefit of inverting the

internal organs, without the jamming effect to the uppermost portion of

the spine, can be gained by doing proper shoulder stands.

And to Question 3): In early ashram days, we all partook of what we

affectionately called " Wheat Berry Day, " one day a week when we ate

only wheat berries, prepared in a variety of ways - e.g. we might have

eaten a bowl of cooked wheat berries with ghee, cinnamon, and honey in

the AM for breakfast, with ghee and tamari in our thermoses for lunch,

and maybe ghee and curry spices for dinner. I was never totally clear

if spicing them up in these ways was " cheating, " but the basic idea

from Yogi Bhajan was to eat this simple high fiber food exclusively for

one day a week as a mini-cleanse, and for many years, it seemed to work

just fine. Some people suffered through it, and some people loved it.

You might want to give it a try and see how your system reacts.

Hoping this New Year is a healthy, happy, and holy one for everyone.

Rai Kaur Khalsa,

Knoxville, TN