IndiaDivine.org

Aquarian Sadhana question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

There is only one position that Yogi Bhajan gave (that I am aware of) for the Aquarian Sadhana (outside of doing long ek ong kars in gyan mudra-which I believe is the standard way of doing "long chant.") That is during the 22 minutes of chanting "waheguru waheguru waheguru wahejio" which is done sitting on the left heel, (right foot flat on the floor, knee up) hands in prayer pose with the eyes open, looking at the tip of the nose. (Looking at the tip of the nose in this way is different than eyes 1/10 open - 9/10th closed, as detailed in The Aquarian Teacher - level one teacher training manual page 136. "This is the highest lock............ new energy pathways are created in the brain patterns.") I've observed, around the world, that many/most do not do this 22 minute portion of the Aquarian Sadhana - easily, if at all. There are still 3 plus years to practice this longest segment of the Aquarian sadhana meditations, while it is the "suggested" morning sadhana directly from Yogi Bhajan. When I'm able to focus deeply during that 22 minute portion-I've always found it the most powerful part of the sadhana meditations for myself. Blessings, Jot Singh It's not the life that matters-It's the courage you bring to it.The Three Laws of ProsperityBe kind to everyoneNever speak ill of anyoneNever speak ill of yourselfYogi Bhajanwww.khalsakirpans.comwww.lifeknives.comwww.thekhalsaraj.com  coming April 2008 

Sat Nam,     These are the Gurmukhi "titles" to shabds/songs that can be found in the Siri Guru Granth Sahib  - or even in Nitnem (daily) banis (prayers), in some cases.  While the word "mantra" literally means "mental projection" and can include any phrase that can direct your mind to infinity rather than ego limitations - including English - most mantras come from ancient texts that are known to have vibratory effects from the language itself, even for those who are not bothered about what they are saying.  Most yogic mantras are also shorter than entire shabds/songs from the Siri Guru Granth Sahib (a scripture that includes songs in many languages - phonetically written in Gurmukhi - by Infinity-directed people of many different spiritual backgrounds, including Sikhs, Hindus, Muslims, Sufis.)  Yogi Bhajan even taught some mantras directly from ancient Sanskrit texts.       You will find the Pauris of Japji Sahib, including the beginning mul mantra we use for sadhana, at the beginning of the Siri Guru Granth Sahib - as its unifying "theme."  If you live near an ashram or yoga teacher who has a copy of the Siri Guru Granth Sahib with English translations, you should have a look.  Hope this helps.     Harbhajan Kaur Can someone please tell me what these mantras are?Posted by: "Sat Avtar Kaur" myralorey   myraloreyTue Jan 22, 2008 10:23 am (PST)Sat Nam,I most probably bought this cd in 2006 when I was trying to find out how to pronounce certain mantras, Mool in this case, I think. I would like to know what are these mantras, when and where are they used?Bani Pro: Pronunciation Of The Banis by Rajnarind KaurRaag Gaoree Poorbee Maihalaa Panjvaan Raag Gaoree Poorbee Maihalaa Chauthaa Raag Dhanaasaree Maihalaa Paihalaa Raag Asaa Maihalaa Paihalaa Raag Gaoree Deepkee Maihalaa Paihalaa/Kirtan Sohila Salok Maihalaa Panjvaan Mundaavanee Maihalaa Panjvaan Raamkalee Maihalaa Teejaa Anand Doharaa Svai-Eeyaa Kabiyo Baach Bayntee Chaupa-Ee Asaa Maihalaa Panjvaan Asaa Maihalaa Paihalaa Asaa Maihalaa Chauthaa Raag Asaa Maihalaa Paihalaa Chauthaa So PurakhRaag Goojree Maihalaa Panjvaan Raag Goojree Maihalaa Chauthaa Asaa Maihalaa Paihalaa Asaa Maihalaa Paihalaa So Dar Raag Asaa Maihalaa Paihalaa/Rehras Sahib Iva Prasaad Savaiye 26 Bhujang Prayaat Chhand Ayk Achharee Chhand Bhujang Prayaat Chhand Harbolmanaa Chhand Tva Prasaad Madhubhaar Chhand Tva Prasaad Bhagvatee Chhand Tva Prasaad Rasaaval Chhand Tva Prasaad Charpat Chhand Tva Prasaad Chaachree Chhand Bhagvatee Chhand Tva Prasaad Kathatay Chaachree Chhand Bhujang Prayaat Chhand Chaachree Chhand Tva Prasaad Madhubhaar Chhand Tva Prasaad Roo-Aal Chhan Tva Prasaad Charpat Chhand Tva Prasaad Bhujang Prayaat Chhand Tayraa Jor Chaachree Chhand Bhujang Prayaat Chhand Chaachree Chhand Tva Prasaad Bhujang Prayaat Chhand Chhapai Chhand Tva Prasaad Pauris 6-38 Pauris 1-5 Mool Mantar/Japji Sahib 1-3 Thank you,Sat Avtar Kaur

James,

If you have a good physical therapist she/he will be able to give you an

accommodation, if possible. That happened for me with Bird Pose. Raising

my hand together over my head back of hand to back of hands strained an

area of inpingement for a rotator cuff issue. My cracker jack PT advised

me to have the palms meet together instead. Now with a powerful breath I

can do this 8th chakra strengthening pose and love it.

Good luck!

Yahara, Massachusetts

James L Buechler wrote:

> I tried this pose quite a few mornings consecutively, with and without

> props, it hurt me in the back, it did, so I quit it.

>

>

Hello James,Sounds likely there is some issue with your back-so take care of that-if possible. Then maybe you can get back to Vir Asan with props if necessary-blessings, Jot Singh It's not the life that matters-It's the courage you bring to it.The Three Laws of ProsperityBe kind to everyoneNever speak ill of anyoneNever speak ill of yourselfYogi Bhajanwww.khalsakirpans.comwww.lifeknives.comwww.thekhalsaraj.com  coming April 2008