IndiaDivine.org

Digest Number 1014

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sat nam, I was wondering if there was a alternative for frog pose ? A student advised me that her knees couldn't do this kriya and I wasn't able to give her an alternative. many thanks, Cindy

Sat Nam ,in response to the message talking about women being 16 times ..more than..and not knowing exactly where it comes from ;i would like to say that when I studied macrobiotics which is a japanese (Oriental ) tradition ,we also learned that Biologically women were 16 times more evolved;the brain stem and constitutional endurance and resilience ;so it is not just a Sikh thing ;it is in the universal ancient knowledge .I'm pretty sure the celtic tradition agrees too.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Cindy

I don't think there is any alternative for frog pose as such. The

closest I can think of would be crow squats but those can be

difficult for someone with bad knees. What Specifically does she

want to do or work on? Frogs are good for circulation and moving the

lymph so maybe another exercise that does those.

GuruBandhu

Kundalini-Yoga , Cindy McKenna

<cindyjomckenna wrote:

>

> Sat nam,

>

> I was wondering if there was a alternative for frog pose ?

> A student advised me that her knees couldn't do this kriya and I

wasn't able to give her an alternative.

>

> many thanks,

>

> Cindy

i would like to add 2 things. one is that as i have learned it when we are conceived we are all female and then a message is sent in the chromosomes to change the reproductive system to a male in male children and for females that the further change is not made. 2nd- for the frog pose one alternative i know is to place blocks under the hands at whatever height is neccessary to assist with the posepeace

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

I have very bad knees - and when frog pose is called for - I do a modified version of it. When I was in teacher training, my teachers thought it was a good way to begin and eventually can deepen the bend as the knees get stronger. I use a chair or a low stool and do a modified bend in the knees, but I can still lower my head and raise my head at the appropriate times in the pose. Also - remember, if you cannot do a particular exercise, do not leave it out - but rather imagine that you are doing it and you are. There are certain steps in many kriyas that I can not physically perform. Sometimes I use that step to sit and meditate and imagine I am doing it- visualize that I am doing it. Unlike other forms of yoga where "perfection" is the ultimate goal in a posture -- KY affords us the ability to try our best to achieve what we set out to do.

Guru Jiwan Kaur