Ancient Healing Ways

Bringing you the art and science of Kundalini Yoga

Spirit Voyage

Your sacred music source

More Resources

Welcome to the world of 3HO

Message from the New 3HO Chief Executive Officer

Sat Nam,

So far this year has been filled with trickery for me. What I thought were new beginnings turned out to be rapid, unexpected endings. Even though I recognize this as infinity, I am mystified.

I like to listen and respond to the Universe by following the signs as they are presented. In doing this sometimes I end up where I expected and other times it takes me deeper into the mystery. When I find myself uncomfortable about being in the mystery and behaving accordingly, I am reminded that security is not found through other people, places or situations in our external lives; our well-being can only truly be found within our relationship to God. So then I work on deepening my connection to this belief.

January brought in a new year; it included the post-40-day cycle of Winter Solstice Sadhana and White Tantric Yoga, and Mercury went into retrograde. February gave us a solar and lunar eclipse, and Mercury moved out of being in retrograde. March brings us the gift of the Spring Equinox on the 20th.

This is a lot of major energy shifts for us to experience in a compacted amount of time; a sign of the times for our not-so-distant future – or perhaps we are already there.

My recent experiences remind me of one of my favorite quotes, which happens to be by Bette Davis: "Better buckle up. It's going to be a bumpy ride." My reminder: have fun! No matter the challenge or the mystery, stop and have some fun along the way.

Thank you to all those who have made contact. I am available to everyone and would be grateful to hear from you.

Blessings,

Bhajan Kaur

3HO International

What's New

International Women's Day, March 8:

When Yogi Bhajan arrived in the West, he was appalled that women were called "chicks" —he challenged them to fly fearlessly like eagles. He was shocked that women were embarrassed by being pregnant—he reminded them that they nurtured the child first in the womb. Deeply concerned that women were left alone after birth to fend for themselves, Yogi Bhajan taught the 40 Day Blessing to care for mother and baby with grace and tenderness. He prodded some women to be professionals, others to nurture their families and still others to enter the political realm. With every woman he shared the secret to their long-term success and empowerment: "Woman is a living psyche—vibrating, organic, original. And all she has to remember is to live in the consciousness of `I am a woman.'" On International Women's Day we encourage you to be inspired by Yogi Bhajan's teachings for women. Please visit the new 3HO Women website and share this wisdom with family and friends.

»

40 Day Blessing

»

A Brief History of International Women's Day:

International Women's Day is celebrated in many countries around the world. It is a day when women are recognized for their achievements without regard to divisions, whether national, ethnic, linguistic, cultural, economic or political. It is an occasion for looking back on past struggles and accomplishments, and more importantly, for looking ahead to the untapped potential and opportunities that await future generations of women. In 1975, during International Women's Year, the United Nations began celebrating International Women's Day on March 8. Two years later, in December 1977, the General Assembly adopted a resolution proclaiming a United Nations Day for Women's Rights and International Peace to be observed on any day of the year by Member States, in accordance with their historical and national traditions. In adopting its resolution, the General Assembly recognized the role of women in peace efforts and development and urged an end to discrimination and an increase of support for women's full and equal participation.

»

Women's Camp Registration Opens March 7:

In 1976 Yogi Bhajan first invited the women of 3HO to gather in New Mexico. He said that to renew themselves, women must get together away from their families, work and pressures of life. He said it is a basic requirement that a woman arranges her life so that she can focus on her own self. To serve this need, he created Women's Camp, defining it as an environment of challenge and excellence. Here woman can let go of her limiting neurosis and negative self-image and rebuild her own positive caliber.

»

From 3HO International UN Office - WACC Photographic Competition

:

The World Association for Christian Communication (WACC) sponsors this popular contest, now in its fifth year. The competition is open to amateur and professional photographers of any age from any country. This year's theme is Women's Communication Rights, and photos submitted should capture women's communication rights in action or portray women using communication to empower themselves. WACC awards a $500 first prize and five $200 second prizes. The closing date for entries is May 1, with winners announced May 9.

»

Summer Solstice Sadhana Celebration Registration Opens March 12:

Summer Solstice takes place on the longest day and shortest night of the year, marking the astronomical beginning of summer. Summer represents the time of growth and ripening—not only of fruits and vegetables, but of our own wisdom. Dwell in the love, support and comfort of your spiritual community and honor the sacredness of Summer Solstice while experiencing deep personal renewal and transformation. Registration for Summer Solstice Sadhana Celebration and applications for Service Scholarships and Financial Aid Scholarships will be available beginning March 12. »

3HO Calendar Postcard:

The 2008 3HO Calendar postcard listing global events is here. Let us know if you want extra copies to distribute in your community, and we will send them to you. You can also download and print them directly from the 3HO International website. »

Order extra copies

»

Download PDF version

»

New Online Resources for Kundalini Yoga Teachers: The IKYTA online member discussion forums offer a place for Kundalini Yoga teachers worldwide to connect and share ideas and insight. The forums now offer two new sections. In The Business of Teaching Kundalini Yoga, GuruMeher Singh and Shakta Kaur have posted the first of 12 articles dedicated to helping members improve their teaching business. In this month's installment, "Getting Started," they offer some great tips. Also new is the section A Woman's Place Is in Her Grace with Tarn Taran Kaur. She notes in this month's article that Yogi Bhajan "devoted more time to sharing his multi-faceted teachings for women than to any other subject." This section gives teachers a place to discuss yogic technology for women. »

A Woman's Place Is in Her Grace

»

IKYTA Annual International Teachers Conference: For the second year in a row the IKYTA Annual International Teachers Conference will open Summer Solstice Sadhana at the main stage. This year's main presenters are Guru Singh, one of Yogi Bhajan's first students – a yogi, teacher, teacher trainer, musician, healer and author – and Dr. Dharma Singh, a well-known author of several books, CDs and DVDs, including Meditation as Medicine, Wake Up to Wellness, Boost Your Brain Power, The Pain Cure and Brain Longevity. Both teachers will bring their knowledge, wisdom and experience along with their love and joy in sharing the sacred teachings of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan. Plan to join with your fellow Kundalini Yoga teachers on Friday, June 20, for this unique day of growth and connection. »

Aquarian Times February/March Issue: This month's issue, includes excerpts from Yogi Bhajan's lecture, "Turning Loneliness to Oneness,To Wake or Not To Wake" by Tommy Rosen (Bhagat Singh), "Reaching Out in the Heart of Winter" by Jivan Mukta Singh (J. Lafontaine), a Kundalini Yoga set, "Working on the Metabolism," and much more. Aquarian Times featuring Prosperity Paths is now available online. »

Hacienda de Guru Ram Das March Issue: Stay connected to the current news and events in Española, NM. This month's issue includes "Grace of God Movement" by Guru Meher Kaur, Sr, "Music, Music, Music" by Guruka Singh in the Computer Corner, "Tips on Pumping Gas" by John Franks in the Going Green column and much more. »

Miri Piri Acadamy Weekly Newsletter Now Online: Miri Piri Academy is an international boarding school for students in grades 1 through 12. The academy's students come to Amritsar, India, from all over the world to find a place where they can combine a full academic curriculum with daily spiritual and yogic practice. Founded by Yogi Bhajan, the school offers a program and curriculum designed to prepare students for the physical, mental and spiritual challenges of life. The new weekly newsletter is available on the Miri Piri Academy website. »

Current issue

»

New Sikh Dharma Website: Curious about the path of Sikh Dharma? Do you want to know more about the history and practices of the Sikhs? Then come visit Sikh Dharma International's new website. The site contains educational information for anyone interested in learning about the practice and lifestyle of Sikh Dharma. It is meant to be a source of inspiration for those who would like to become Sikhs as well as those seeking to deepen their existing relationship with the Sikh faith. The website includes online video talks about Sikh Dharma by Kundalini Yoga master Yogi Bhajan, who also served as the Chief Spiritual and Administrative Authority for Sikh Dharma International. »

Upcoming Events

Your browser does not support inline frames or is currently configured not to display inline frames.

See All of The Events.

Quote of the moment:

© 3HO International – Healthy Happy Holy Organization

3HO International is a Non Governmental Organization (NGO)

in consultative status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations.

6 Narayan Court, Española, NM 87532

email: yogainfo

phone: 888.346.2420

fax: 505.753.1999

Home o About

3HO o 3HO Lifestyle o Kundalini

Yoga o Yogi Bhajan o Events

3HO

Women o Community o Contact

Us o FAQ o Resources

Using the 3HO logo