IndiaDivine.org

Joseph Campbell: the kundalini that can set us free

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Everyone slowly mastering the details of this changing Age needs to know Joseph Campbell, who in this piece mentions frequently kundalini yoga.

"Mythos is a PBS series that was culled from lectures given by renowned professor of mythology Joseph Campbell shortly before his death in 1987. In this second collection “Campbell explores the spiritual realm of the East, Hinduism and Buddhism” as host Susan Sarandon informs the viewer.

"...He opens the episode by discussing the elementary ideas that all religions and mythologies share. He illustrates that the same images and themes occur throughout, but folk or ethnic ideas have shaped them, which explains why there are different costumes, applications, and interpretations.

"A very intriguing topic Campbell brings up is that “the main problem with symbols is that people tend to get lost in” them and lose the message. “The message always is of the spirit and when the symbol is taken to be the fact…you’ve mistaken the message.” It’s a difference of thinking the metaphoric teachings are literal.

"...In both “Our Eternal Selves” and “The Way to Illumination” Campbell examines the spiritual disciple of yoga and how it is used to reach transcendence. He states, “The goal of yoga is to find that reality of consciousness, which is of you and everybody else.” He focuses specifically on kundalini yoga and details the philosophy and defines the terms.

full story: http://blogcritics.org/archives/2008/05/18/234253.php

My comment:

If one googles kundalini and ancient cultures, it's found worldwide. In my opinion it is the basic technique for the operation of the human, and it was given to us by our creator gods (See Sitchin's the Earth Chronicles, when Innana is described in the Sumerian tablets as teaching yoga to her new subjects in the Harappan culture by the Indus River in 2900 BCE).

The human-like Annunaki custodian "gods" gave kundalini - and other elite knowledge - to the priests who were the rulers in our early civilizations (hence Taoist founder Lao-Tsu's 7th century BC libertarian calling to "get rid of the sage and the rule and the people will be in harmony"). I believe kundalini-like practices made up part of what was taught to the upper class elite in the "mystery schools" of the Egyptians, as well as in Asia, where "raj" yoga was taught secretly to the elite "householders," hence the name householder yoga for kundalini yoga. Only with Yogi Bhajan did he decide to risk all by democratizing kundalini for the masses. This is our libertarian revolution, both externally with the worldwide conscious entrepreneur movement, and internally with the raising of our latent creative energy to our heart center, making us into Lighthouses.

I'm sure there's more to the story, and I'm sure I'm wrong in a few ways. Click the link and see how Joseph Cambell discusses the Tree of Life that's found in almost all ancient cultures - the spine under which the creative power hibernates in the snake-like roots, climbing up the vertebra trunk as seen in Hippocrates' cadeucus, culminating in the lotus fruit at the top of the Tree: at the pineal gland and crown, bringing union, manifesting yoga.

Blessings,

Amar Atma

Charles D. Frohman

202-536-4346 (office)/202-258-8027 (cell)

* click here, www.cfrohman.com, for my bio and client info* click here, http://dcflow.gaia.com/blog, to "comment" at the blog* click here, www.3ho.org, to find a kundalini yoga class near your home or work