IndiaDivine.org

Maya and Kundalini

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dearest Krishna Singh:I have no intention to slander anyone, nor am I a scholar of the ancient Maya, though I have taken graduate seminars with Dr. Karl Taube who is a leading scholar on the subject. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Taube). My friend who I quoted holds a PhD in Mayan archeology.

I do not see dissenting opinion as slander. Perhaps slander is what you were looking for in my post? If this is what you saw, please know it was never my intention. My intention was simply to gather more information to best understand the original posting concerning Kundalini and the Maya. Your reply simply defended your teacher (who I have nothing against, surely), and did not answer my questions. This has been the same when I have tried to understand the historiography that connects Sikhism and Kundalini technology- I find that people become defensive and then never answer the question at hand.

I have intention except to understand the truth as best I can. Please know, I am truely interested, and my questions come only because I seek to understand a verifiable truth, not because I intend any harm. I feel that your statement that I have fallen from some sort of grace through asking questions and provoking debate judgemental of my quest for understanding.

I feel that I will always question and seek to understand all connections. Questioning authority in a respectful way does not make us fall from grace or diminish our self-respect- the opposite (not questioning just-so-stories), makes us prey to group-think. My posting was a self-reflexive request, simply asking if anyone could backup the stories they have told with evidence, oral history, epigraphy or iconography. As I stated in my last post: " I feel that for myself I want the stories I tell about the technology (Kundalini) to be validated by as many valid sources as possible. " If this is not the case for you, please do not challenge my sincere desire to understand. I am not trying to convince anyone to question authority with me. I just would like information from more than a single source. Please note that you did not answer the question in my email.

So here it is again, simply so that I can better understand:Is there any evidence, epigraphical, iconographical, textual or oral history from a Maya source, that gives evidence of Kundalini in ancient Maya or contemporary Maya tradition beyond what is given to us by Hunbatz Men? Why have no other experts come to the same conclusions? Why are there no other Mayans who share any oral history concerning the ancient Maya and Kundalini? Why have most if not all Maya scholars overlooked these connections?

Regarding your interest in debate, I also prefer dialog. As I stated, I am not an expert in Maya archeology, epigraphy or iconography (I do not read Maya), so I am not in any position to debate you, but, I will certainly see if any of the members of the Maya archeology department at University of California would be interested. Perhaps we can have public debate or dialog on intersections between Kundalini and the Ancient Maya at the University of California, if you are interested.

Sat Nam.justine

Guest guest

Justine asked:

" ...Is there any evidence, epigraphical, iconographical, textual or

oral history from a Maya source, that gives evidence of Kundalini in

ancient Maya or contemporary Maya tradition beyond what is given to

us by Hunbatz Men?... "

My answer:

If you read the original post, which was about the famous mythologist

Joseph Campbell finding " kundalini " in almost all cultures, you could

easily find in several of his books that he discusses the serpent

power of the kundalini (one's innate creativity) rising along the

Tree of Life (the spine) - even in Mayan culture.

So, the answer is yes, there are experts other than the one you

mention, who find kundalini in the Mayan civilization.

With all the prowess at your disposal at the University of

California, perhaps your team of PhDs and professors can examine Mr.

Campbell's findings and report back to the .

Blessings,

Amar Atma