IndiaDivine.org

Back to Earth

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sat Nam,

Does anyone have tips on grounding oneself after a blissful class? I'd like to

offer that to my

students who go back to work after class. Thank you.

Guest guest

Here are some great grounding exercises done in sequence. They are all done standing. The breath remains the same throughout the first three. Do a pre-check before you begin, noticing the contact of your feet with the ground and how you are feeling in general.1. Inhale for four counts as your rise onto your toes. Hold the breath for four counts, standing on your toes. Exhale for four counts as you lower back to the ground. Hold the breath out for four counts as you stay down. Repeat ten times.2. Inhale as you press the legs apart. (They stay straight, feet together). Hold keeping the legs pressed away from one another. Exhale as the legs relax back. Hold breath out standing normally. Repeat ten times.3. Inhale as you press the legs toward one another for four counts. Hold the breath as you hold the legs pressed inward. Exhale for

four counts and relax the legs back to a normal standing posture. Hold the breath out for four counts. 4. Imagine all of your essence that you have allowed to disperse in the atmosphere. Inhale and reach up to gather it back. Exhale and draw your hands down from in front of the crown to the legs, bringing yourself back into your body. Repeat ten times.5. Feel the energy exchange between your body and the earth. Exhale, sending energy through the soles of the feet down into the earth. Inhale drawing earth energy up into you. Do this for five minutes.The walk again and notice the contact of your feet to the earth. Usually you are aware of a greater surface area of your feel in touch with the ground, and you feel much more grounded.With less time, gurupranam, rock pose, any first chakra openers would draw the energy back into the body. Best of luck.Love,Jagat Kaur

Guest guest

Sat Nam! Absolutely! Feed them! Even Yogi Tea and cookies will do the

job.

......G

------------------------

Sat Nam,

Does anyone have tips on grounding oneself after a blissful class? I'd like

to offer that to my

students who go back to work after class. Thank you.

Guest guest

I think an effective way to ground the energies raised in kundalini yoga is to

do a nice, long shavasana/corpse pose/relaxation at the end of class. I find

that in so many classes, this essential component is too short to really

integrate the experience. I would say 10 minutes would be a good minimum.

Ardas Singh