IndiaDivine.org

The Summer Solstice Parade

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Well, not really a parade. Maybe justin my own imaginary world…..HahahahaAt Summer Solstice Camp I stayed ina large tent with my son Narayan on one side and my parents on the otherside. Some friends mad jokes that it was a " Maharaja tent " , thoughit was actually smaller in size than other tents if you looked at our individual " rooms " by them self. I suppose it was roomy compared to tentsthat a few people brought which were meant to carry while hiking and onlypretty much have room to crawl in and sleep horizontal. I’ve been going to the SummerSolstice camp since before I was even born, so have learnt to be ok withbeing comfortable, especially when you live locally and are not limitedby what you can fit in a bag for a plane ride.Anyways, this year Woman’s Camp washeld up at Ram Das Puri (same camp site as Summer Solstice) right after.My cousin Ananda and her son were going to be attending the camp, and thethought of taking this giant tent apart, packing it all up, and re-settingit up in a different place for the camp wasn’t something that I wantedto do. My Aries mind is always calculating the shortest route between twopoints. I’m not one to do things the longer way. So the idea came, thatWHAT IF we could pull out the tent stakes and get 4+ people together toactually CARRY it to the new location?? Seemed a bit wacky….but that iswhat we did! And it worked. It was a family thing as we all took a cornerand side and walked with it down the hill to the other camping area. It was quite an amusing sight for peopleto see this giant tent being transported down the path, and it felt likewe were part of a parade float. Everyone was watching us so I felt compelledto smile bright and do the princess style waving with my hand since I wasin the front.Go to http://www.mrsikhnet.com to view a couple pictures that a few people sent to me, so you canget an idea of it.