IndiaDivine.org

Moral of Wrong Key story

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

There were several excellent responses for the Wrong Key story (http://seekerofone.blogspot.com/2008/07/wrong-key.html) and it was really tough to pick one. Perhaps too tough for me, sooooo I picked the top 3 and here they are (in no particular order):

Jim Moore

The moral is to not assume that you know where God's treasure is. As humans we complicate and obscure the truth by inventing rules and traditions pretending religion is from God. Religion is just the door where we try to enter and understand God.

A better ending to the story would have been " the kid was trying the wrong door, but it was not locked anyway! "

~~~~~

RajPratap Singh

A fortunate few are blessed with the perfect understanding and given the correct perspective for living (the key). But unless we make the effort to practice that knowledge in order to change our habits and outlook (finding the right door) - we continue to suffer, and nothing will seem to work out (wrong door). Having reached nowhere, we will return to question and argue over the interpretation of the teachings (the key).

~~~~~

Reema Dhawan

In my perspective, the right key means that we are spiritual beings from core, that this identity is the real truth (Satnam). So we do have this key and all we have to do this to find the right door. Right door can be found through shabad guru. We keep on keying the wrong door, the door of 5 evils which is wide open all the time.

~~~~~