IndiaDivine.org

Getting Started in Kundalini Yoga

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Satnaam Group,> > I am relatively new to this group. I have very minimal knowledge of > Yoga or Kundalini Yoga. I am writing this email to seek help from the > learned members of this group.> I suffer from what can be called as minor depression. I have difficulty > waking up at 'Amrit Vela'. I feel slightly tired when I wake up. I feel > sleepy during the day and slight lack of energy. I am on low dose of > antidepressant.> Also my concenteration power is lesser than few others. On the whole I > am intelligent, I have a good job. But I am unable to use my full > potential.> Could people on this forum be so kind to help me. Please tell what > aasnas I should do and what other changes I can make to feel energetic.> > Gur Fateh> BaljinderSat Nam Dear BaljinderI think its always good to acknowledge how courageous and spirited it is to seek help and advice. So congratulations, you are already well on your way.  Amrit Vela sadhana has totally rebuilt me; i used to suffer from mild depression, nothing that i was ever on medication for, but as you say the sense of being limited was so strong in me, and it was pretty frustrating and debilitating actually. In the past 20 years (i am 48 now); i have tried many many things, and met many many teachers an teachings, many of them excellent. I found kundalini yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan 8 years ago, and it is in that time that i have been "rebuilt". The thing that got me hooked into it was the guru chela (teacher-student) connection. My first teacher was Guru Kaur, in London, and through her i found another teacher, Karta Singh, and i was blown away by the vision that they both carried, they were the first teachers who made me realise that there were people on the planet more interested in the future of the people they were dealing with, than in their own professional reputations/bank balances/ and the myriad of other ego concernsthat we are usually so preoccupied with. I tangibly felt this. In that time, i have been very regular with sadhana, at first i would do it as odd hours whenever i had the time, afternoon, evening, mid-morning, subject to my work schedule; now i do it early in the morning, and i manage this by inviting others to join me, so i HAVE to get up! I have no choice. I recommend doing a morning sadhana once a week, to start, and inviting others to join you - you will start to rebuild yourself and build your radiance in this way. Once a week is enough and if you make it a weekend,it can be at say 6am or even 7am to start. Then later on you may want to add another day.Another thing i would recommend as a daily practice is kirtan kriya - i do it every day and i tell you, its true it CUTS THROUGH EVERYTHING. I can absolutely verify this. Watch this video: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nqOq4v0cD9wFor energy, sense of personal power and overall balance and self confidence, 3 mins of sat kriya every day is good, http://www.yogijim.com/sat-kriya.htmlI have a cd with the rhythm if you wanted one, e mail me direct. VARYUS KIRYA is also excellent for energy, excruciating to begin with, but quick to bring a lot of energy to your system. Start with 1 min and build to 3.Both of these can be found in Shakta Kaur Khalsa's book, Kundalini Yoga, Dorling Kindersley publishes this.Alternatively frogs. Start with 26 build gradually to 108. http://wotan.liu.edu/~kimberlytiffany/excercise.htmlTry the rdecipies on this site, too, because diet is another aspect that can make big positive energy changes, if you are eating lots of refined foods, cutting them down/out will add considerably to your energy levels, plus make the yoga and meditations easier to perform. Try a 40 day mung bean diet, with plenty of varied fresh vegetables and salad.Another thing is the tantra, white tantra, whenever you can, it will clear your subconscious, and this is your only problem, your conscious mind is ready and willing, the self sabotage is coming from your sub conscious.Let us know how you get on, every effort you make is never wasted, it will come to fruition, Much loveblessingsHar Hari KaurSukhmani CentreCambridgeUK

Guest guest

Sat Nam,

I just read this post and watched the youtube video. You mention 3 minutes of Sat Kriya, however the video is on Kirtian Kriya. Can you clarify??

Sat Nam Ardas