IndiaDivine.org

Morals for Inka, the Monk

Rate this topic

Guest guest

http://seekerofone.blogspot.com/2008/08/morals-for-inka-monk.html

There were several astoundingly insightful and inspiring responses. I picked the top four - here they are (in no particular order). Sukhmandir Kaur Khalsa, CA (http://sikhism.about.com/)

Because he had not achieved total awareness. Think for instance of a ninja master who is able to jump through a moving fan. He has to be absolutely aware. I've known a few people with heightened awareness, I was aware enough to catch on to the fact that they were aware of something I had not yet become aware of, like an approaching car and the person in it, a half mile away.

Once when I had first learned breath of fire I was doing it for 31 minutes sitting out in the woods while some friends were doing some winching with a jeep pickup truck which had a come along on the front bumper trying to pull out a tree stump. Suddenly the wench broke and the truck sprang back several feet.

In an instant of awareness I swear I levitated, I moved instantly (snap your fingers) without changing position (sitting in lotus) over to my left as the truck flew back in that same instant to where I had been sitting. That was not an isolated incident.

A master would be in that state at all times. We window-shop, she owns the store. Continual uninterrupted awareness is a big key to the whole master concept.

The master in this case was aware that the student was unaware of the umbrella. Also the student had way too much ego worrying about the outcome.

Rob Abbott, NC In that one moment, he was living in the future with anticipation ignoring the present. To be a true master one can only live in the present not wasting time in the past which cannot be changed and the future which you cannot predict nor control. The only moment you can control is the present.

I see the umbrella being included in the surroundings of the present moment and he was unaware of its position.Gurpreet Hothi, NC

The mind projected itself into future, through hopes/expectations, and thus missed out on the present. The present was the misty and breezy weather, of which the Master was aware, and thus prompted an act in the present, i.e. securing an umbrella.

Inka (the Master, NOT!) got caught up in the expectation of being declared a Master and so busily projected himself in this future and thus neglected living/acting in the present. Sehaj was still eluding this seeker.

Enlightenment is when there is transcendence of even the recognition of enlightenment (from other and even oneself). There is just being, nothing more. No dwelling on what happened in the past to the ego-self, or projecting hopes/expectations for the ego-self into the future. Only acting in the present.

In the present, there is the immaculate mind devoid of egocentricity. As soon as the past and future are brought in, the mind becomes tainted by relating to past failures and successes of the time-bound false-self, and acts from this falsehood and loses the focus on the present. Actions, good/holy or bad/evil, arising from the false self are ALL false.

Siri Kirpal Kaur, OR Yogi Bhajan always used to say, " If you love me, don't question me; if you question me, don't love me. " The student does not become a Master until he or she knows the Master's mind without question.

Why the poor monk was rich? He had a master! So he learned about Gur

Prassad:

He had been through the Ekonkar, had realized the Sat Nam, had brought

it into his life with Kartha Purkh, then opened himself up with

Nirboah & Nirvair, had experienced Akal Murat and Ajuni, was blissed

by Saibang ...

You guess what he had not been ready to understand?

May the long time sun shine upon you

willem wittstamm