IndiaDivine.org

Morals for Sher Singh story

Rate this topic

Guest guest

http://seekerofone.blogspot.com/2008/09/morals-for-sher-singh.html

I got several great responses - here are the top 3.Parvati, Enid, OK " DON'T MESS WITH EMS! " Anonymous

Mughal = Ego, Sher Singh = Guru, Sher Singh's sword = SatNaamAny questions?Sonu KapoorThe Spiritual Moral of the story goes back to a Sakhi [ " true story " ] related to Guru Gobind Singh Ji [the tenth Sikh Master], a moment in his life period where he was once surrounded by enemy forces and a Mugal leader who challenged him for a dual.

Guru Gobind Singh ji offered 3 chances for the Mugal Leader to gain victory, when the 3rd attack came close and touched Guru Gobind Singh Ji, he then took his turn and finished off the Mugal Leader with one strike.

Allowing the enemy to go first, allows a saint to stand behind his principals with confidence, it also brings self assurance that he/she is Right and therefore has the support of the almighty. It is a test of confidence and faith in the principals of one's beliefs; " if I am wrong, than may I die, but if I am right, than victory shall be mine " The moment the first blow of the enemy is missed/altered, the saint gains confidence and assurance that he is correct and therefore uses that bliss of energy to return a blow back to his enemy and gains victory.

Often in a battlefield the weaker opponent will strike first because of fear, by resisting the desire to strike first the stronger opponent projects confidence in himself and in the almighty.

Sher Singh let his opponent go first, being alone in a battlefield, surrounded by mugals and not choosing to take the first strike, showed his confidence in his Guru " ja ko rakhe sahina mar sake na koye " . The method which Sher Singh used to strike his opponent sent a clear and precise message to the entire mugal army " You may talk all you want, but the moment you make a move against what is right, you will crumble to the ground, for neither your head nor your body will support your useless talk "